• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheists:why bother participating in a religious forum?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
you already have made up your mind on the matter

..You'd be amazed :p

Not only do I find theology interresting, I also find the people behind religions interresting.
Also, I can understand a lot of religion, but I do have troubles understanding why others believe them.. I am here to learn...

arcanum

thank you for clearing this up for me,i was just curious.Yes religion is a very interesting topic regardless of where you stand in relation to it.

TheColourBlue

Here to learn and share
I joined because I'm in love with human diversity and find it fascinating. I also figure I don't possibly know everything there is to know, so I'll probably learn a thing or ten..... and, finally, even secular humanists who don't believe in God DO believe in the open marketplace free exchange of ideas, and I be one of them.

I'm also here for the craziness, the coffee, the bright happy frubal colours and the fun people I hope to make friends with, but hey..... :D

Minor-Royal

Hedonist
Well it seems to be a good place to meet and chat with other Atheists for one, we do not exactly have a church to go to for such things.
Im also interested in religious texts, my view is that if God did not write them, then man did (or woman), and contained within these books are much real knowledge and things of moral and ethical worth.
If we are to improve mans lot in this universe we have to look to all sources past, resent and future, the book of proverbs for example contains much good advice, and there are so many others.
And if you like history, to learn about religion is a must, im not so sure i like the calling each other bonkers in one way or another very much, but decent debates done with reason are a gold mine of info.
Even if I totally refute anothers perspective I still find it fascinating to see how they reached there conclusions.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
idk. i was annoyed by religious fundies into looking into all religions. so i learned i was agnostic and so were they and they should stop <lying>.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
I come here because it gives me a chance to test my beliefs. If other people can disprove my beliefs, then I need to change my beliefs. It's been a while since that has happened, though.

The other reason is to show others the illogic in their beliefs. Irrational faith is one of the most damaging forces in the world today, and I for one plan to do my part in making the world a bit more sensible.

Grey

I participate in order to further my knowledge of others beliefs, to (please excuse the cliche) "Know my enemy."

Also, I enjoy lurking in various subforums (especially the LHP and Alien) and giggling. :p

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Atheist are some of the most religious people I know
We all have undeniably religious elements in our personality and psychology, and we all have atheistic elements in our personality and psychology.
the people who display the most piety may be consumed by never ending doubts, or may commit 'terrible' sins incognito.
while some of the most critical atheists are plagued by prejudice and stubborn unrelenting beliefs.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I participate in a religious education forum, because I have a natural curiousity about everything - but, particularly those things which are particular to human behavior and interactions, like religion.

Also, I like to enlighten, whever possible, those who are seeking.

A

angellous_evangellous

***MOD ADVISORY***

Please remember that this is an atheist discussion forum. If you don't consider yourself an atheist, please keep your posts limited to polite questions.

Thanks

Lilbeth

free thinker
I put in Agnostic forum on google and got this forum on my search engine.....tryng to find others with same thinkings, but I see this has everyone's beliefs and non beliefs going on...That is absolutely fine with me!

jrbogie

i'm not an atheist, agnostic here, but i bother to participate on these forums for the simple reason that i think that the world would be a safer place if everybody would come to their senses and just can religion as a bad idea. no, that does not mean i'm hear to force my lack of belief on anybody but through these discussions i have succeeded in convincing a few faithful to at least reconsider their delusions with simple logic and some science, amature scientist that i am. and some have even shed their delusions completely. you can say i'm on a mission i suppose.