• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheists:why bother participating in a religious forum?

arcanum

I'm just curious why an atheist would even bother lurking,never mind actively participating in a religious forum?Nothing to say you can't but why bother?you already have made up your mind on the matter so what do you get out of this forum?I ask out of respect and curiosity and not in any way do i mean it as a challenge.:shrug:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm just curious why an atheist would even bother lurking,never mind actively participating in a religious forum?Nothing to say you can't but why bother?you already have made up your mind on the matter so what do you get out of this forum?I ask out of respect and curiosity and not in any way do i mean it as a challenge.:shrug:
You don't have to agree with something to find it interesting.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Very true, Buttercup. We all did it when we were newbies.

Personally, I'm here because I like to discuss religion and learn about others' beliefs. It's also just a good community with diverse members who can give a wide range of opinions on any topic. Why do you think it would be odd for an atheist to discuss religion? (Also, there are Buddhist atheists, too)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I still find the practice of religion and religious history fascinating. Don't have to believe a word of it to continue to find it interesting either.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Somebody gotta educate the believers about what it is that they believe in. :flirt:

Now, seriously. this isnt 'a religious forum' this is 'religious Education forum'.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I bet they are just checking out the Religous' moves. You know... For strategy purposes. Personally i used to go to Agnosticforums.com but the site went down for some reason UNKNOWN to me. :D

gnomon

Find out what the term atheist actually means first.

There is no inherent contradiction in an individual being an atheist and adhering to a religion.

rojse

RF Addict

Lots of reasons - I want to see why such a large portion of people have religious beliefs, and I want to see how religion affects people's behaviours and actions.

And I do not see why a lack of agreement on religion means I should not participate in any discussion. If there was a discussion about aliens, shouldn't there be a place for someone who wants to question the evidence given for their existence?

Smoke

Done here.
I'm just curious why an atheist would even bother lurking,never mind actively participating in a religious forum?Nothing to say you can't but why bother?you already have made up your mind on the matter so what do you get out of this forum?
Christian mystic, why would you even bother lurking, never mind actively participating in a religious forum? Nothing to say you can't, but why bother? You've already made up your mind on the subject, so what do you get out of this forum? ;)

Some of us just find religion interesting. Some of us consider it dangerous. Some of us are religious, but in a godless way. Some of us find discussion a good way to refine our own thoughts. Some of us are irresistibly drawn to Draka.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
(Also, there are Buddhist atheists, too)
: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :

And Taoist atheists, and Jewish atheists, and Christian atheists, and Quaker atheists, and Unitarian-Universalist atheists, and Hindu atheists. And all Jains are atheists.