• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists are more pro-life than Christians

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You prefer unwell people and starving children?
It's what made America great. Starving masses, willing to take any job, easily replaceable should they get injured or out of line.They're the Backbone of American industry -- or were, till we discovered the Mexicans, Vietnamese, Chinese, &al.

:rolleyes:

Altfish

Veteran Member
That's one of the most ridiculous statements ever...
Are you hard of thinking? Why is the statement ridiculous?

Let us take a scenario ... a 14-year old girl raped by her uncle has discovered she is pregnant. I believe from all points of view the best option is a termination.

Take another scenario ... a 28-year old woman has a one night fling and discovers she is pregnant. In this case I don't believe a termination is the best option, other alternatives should be considered, such as bringing up the child, adoption and that termination is an absolute final option.

All I am asking is that abortion is left on the table as an option. NOT that it is first choice

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No I didn't.
Ahhh, so you didn't mean to say that having Universal healthcare and no state murder made a country not advanced, what you actually meant to say is that, if an advanced country is a country with Universal healthcare and no atate murder, then there are NO advanced countries, because they all commit state murder (and possibly restrict healthcare)?

If so, you could have just said that.

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Can we agree that being for capital punishment and for abortion is consistent, that being against capital punishment and against abortion is consistent but that being for one and against the other is hypocritical?

I look for agreement with those I debate, unfortunately, I cannot agree.

Capital PUNISHMENT -- expected outcome from unjust acts

Abortion of INNOCENTS -- life extinguished for those who've done nothing wrong

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You'll also find way more religious people petitioning governments to roll back human rights, attacking minority groups, and committing acts of terrorism.

But I guess charity is the only measure we have for morality.
No, but it's one of the best measurements of who really cares and who just wants to push an agenda.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Are you hard of thinking? Why is the statement ridiculous?

Let us take a scenario ... a 14-year old girl raped by her uncle has discovered she is pregnant. I believe from all points of view the best option is a termination.

Take another scenario ... a 28-year old woman has a one night fling and discovers she is pregnant. In this case I don't believe a termination is the best option, other alternatives should be considered, such as bringing up the child, adoption and that termination is an absolute final option.

All I am asking is that abortion is left on the table as an option. NOT that it is first choice
You are ok with murdering millions of babies who did nothing to deserve it for the sake of convenience to save the feelings of the "little girl raped" scenario which is not why the vast majority of abortions happen.
I don't see that as a viable solution.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No, but it's one of the best measurements of who really cares and who just wants to push an agenda.
Rather than being willing to kill people or petitioning governments to roll back civil rights?

I'm pretty sure giving to charity is not a better measure of moral fortitude than whether or not you act to actually harm people.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You are ok with murdering millions of babies who did nothing to deserve it for the sake of convenience to save the feelings of the "little girl raped" scenario which is not why the vast majority of abortions happen.
Go back and re-read all my posts. How often do I have to say it
ABORTION SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE LAST RESORT.
OK, do you understand now? I am not promoting abortion, just not removing it as an option.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I look for agreement with those I debate, unfortunately, I cannot agree.

Capital PUNISHMENT -- expected outcome from unjust acts

Abortion of INNOCENTS -- life extinguished for those who've done nothing wrong
So you believe the state has the right to determine who deserves to die, and the right to force women to give birth against their will.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Do you believe anybody has the right to use of your organs or body, other than yourself?