• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheistic god

syo

i wonder, what kind of qualities should a god have, so that atheists would start believing in that god?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
well God would have to be experiencable instead of showing no presence whatsoever. Creation would have to be masterfully done instead of poorly done.

suncowiam

i wonder, what kind of qualities should a god have, so that atheists would start believing in that god?

If God can answer my prayers without conflicting with other people's prayers, then I will convert this instant.

Kind of like when two football players pray before a game on opposing teams. If God can make both players win, then we're set.

idav

Being
Premium Member
This is a real good question I've asked believers of not atheism. A science could trip over God in its search for it.

Reactions: syo

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

idav

Being
Premium Member
Scientists have pretty much rejected God out of hand. He's the last thing they want to find.
The first one makes sense but the second does not. It's not like people haven't searched their entire lives for this mysterious god plus most of the science wa coming from the church also your insistence that scientists want god to be dead is unsubstantiated, I can point you to many priests who have made many contributions to science and evolution even. Your repeating it doesn't make it true.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why would anyone believe in a god?

As opposed to referencing him as an inspiration source, I mean?

If I understood your question correctly, though, my best answer would be: "consistent moral wisdom, remarkable ability to express himself in ways that adjust to the interlocutor".

Why I would call such an entity a god, I can't really figure. But without fulfilling those parameters he would have no chance whatsoever.

Of course, for me to actually believe in his existence there would also need to be some form of demonstrable presence.