• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what age will you die?

At what age do you think you will, or want to, die?

• 60s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70s

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 80s

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 90s

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 100s

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
We all die. At what age do you expect to die? How old would you like to be when you die?

For myself I think I will live to be over 100.

When I die is really of no consequence to me. Today...40 years from now. I'm okay with either or any in between.

For some reason, since I was a child and first learned of death, I've associated my death with the year 2036. That year I would turn 70.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We all die. At what age do you expect to die? How old would you like to be when you die?

I concider my natural death had occured on February 2017 when I had my heart attack.

I regard now as borrowed time as a result of modern day medicine.

My expectancy is statistically perdicted to be somewhere in my 70s now provided I take care of myself and don't forget to take my medicine.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I nearly died several times before I was a teenager. I nearly died again at the age of 27. All of those were from asthma.

My grandfather died at 76 from emphysema (he smoked when younger). My grandmother died at 62 from a heart attack (her third--she was very overweight). My genetic father died in his 80's from complications of Alzheimer's. And my mother is still alive at 78.

But I could die from a falling meteor tomorrow. Not likely, but possible. An automobile accident is far more likely and that can happen at any time.

Frankly, I am just enjoying the time I have, learning, loving, teaching, and exploring.

I'd rather live than worry about dying.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

granddad walked all the way to 100
grandma two years less

but they cheated
they had home grown veggies
and they lived in better economics

not sure how far I will go.....currently 65

but I carry on soooooooo much better than my coworkers

and many are surprised when I confess my age

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I quote the ultimate authority:

death, a necessary end,​
Will come when it will come.
Julius Caesar II.2​

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am 78, waiting for my younger grandson to be something like 11 or 12 (three or four years time, when he will be clearly able to remember me). So sometime before I am 85. That should be enough.
I'd rather live than worry about dying.
Excellent, like that.

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

do I die , or do I just transform and reform. And since I am always transforming, and short of becoming a stable whole , there is hardly any point which can be called death

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Based on actuarial analysis given my present age, health status, various other statistics (drinker, non-smoker, moderate exercise, etc.), It should be at about age 86.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
86. :)

I did an online thing to calculate my likely age prior to a pension options appointment.
I need to do that calculation for my husband because he has been retired for 5 years but still has not signed up for retirement.
We'll get the money retroactively when he signs up, but if he died before that I don't know what would happen, so we need to do it ASAP. I will also have options for my state retirement but i will probably opt for 100% since I am 10 years younger than him. I was thinking about retiring a year ago when this whole pandemic started but then I decided to wait a little longer. I am in no hurry to retire because where am I going with this pandemic and all these cats?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
do I die , or do I just transform and reform.
I believe we will all transform into spiritual bodies, but I don't know about reforming. ;)

1 Corinthians 15:40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I need to do that calculation for my husband because he has been retired for 5 years but still has not signed up for retirement.
We'll get the money retroactively when he signs up, but if he died before that I don't know what would happen, so we need to do it ASAP. I will also have options for my state retirement but i will probably opt for 100% since I am 10 years younger than him. I was thinking about retiring a year ago when this whole pandemic started but then I decided to wait a little longer. I am in no hurry to retire because where am I going with this pandemic and all these cats?
I already suspected I'm not immortal but it was quite sobering to see a number assigned to my statistically likely demise. But my dad didn't reach 60, so I must be doing something right!

Heyo

Veteran Member
I already suspected I'm not immortal but it was quite sobering to see a number assigned to my statistically likely demise. But my dad didn't reach 60, so I must be doing something right!
I once did such an online quiz. It informed me that I must have died 10 years earlier.