• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At least 15 dead in Japan.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Wonder why someone NOT disabled didn't bash the killers skull in with something
like the always available FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
Better yet blast 'em in the face with the gas/powder/whatever THEN bash his skull in.:D
But then I guess I feel that way because I'm trained to react.
React or die.
So many sheeple, so few foxes.

Or perhaps maybe one of them could have been armed...hmmm...just sayin'.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Or perhaps maybe one of them could have been armed...hmmm...just sayin'.

Yes if one could have been armed but Japan is so anti-gun that it's almost
impossible to get a gun let alone carry one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
420, 000, 000. What? That cannot be right.

This says the correct number is 37 percent.

Well I don't know about the figures. It's hard to believe there are that many Muslims
that believe in Jihad or encourage or promote same.
Islam IS the religion of peace.
That's a racist site, just so you know.

And why are you derailing your own thread into Islam bashing?

jeager106

Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Please I'm not bashing Islam but Radical Islam seems a bit on the cranky side.
There are about 2.08 Billion Muslims in the world according to 2014 stats.
Fortunately only about 15% are recognized as "radical", that is prone to
violence against non Muslims.
My math sucks so what is 15% of 2.08 billion anyway?
About 312,000. But you have to remember, the number one victim of radical Muslim violence isn't non-Muslims, it's Muslims who aren't living up to the depraved "standards" of the radicals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Funny really. How you use a tragic news to prove a point.
We can ask what the kill count would have been had the killer had a gun to use. But unless you're supposed to have one, they are very, very difficult to get in Japan.
What I think is interesting, they are practically a gunless society, and it is a "free" country - compared to the heavily armed America, where people believe you have to have guns to be free.

atanu

Premium Member
We can ask what the kill count would have been had the killer had a gun to use. But unless you're supposed to have one, they are very, very difficult to get in Japan.
What I think is interesting, they are practically a gunless society, and it is a "free" country - compared to the heavily armed America, where people believe you have to have guns to be free.

What is surprising to me is that most of pro gun folks are avowedly religious.

Skwim

Veteran Member
This isn't the world God created...
Sure it is, God even said he created evil.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
this is the world man created without God. He told God that he could do things better his way.....Its an object lesson...are we getting it yet?
220.gif
This is Sunday school theology. Sure you really want to stick to it?

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
All that with a knife? You can only imagine how it could have been with a gun. The (about) 20 injured could have probably been less in numbers.

The article presents other awful crimes we probably would not expect to happen in planet Japan. There you are, people are people.

I don't see any good excuse here in favor of gun ownership.

Also, why is this not called a terrorist attack? The media does suck indeed.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Also, why is this not called a terrorist attack? The media does suck indeed.
Western media called ONLY Muslims crimes as "terrorist attack" .

Whoever/whatever the others did , remain "horrible crime" ;)

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Sure it is, God even said he created evil.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.​
In context, this scripture makes more sense that simply quoting the verse in isolation.

True to prophesy, Judah and Jerusalem were to be desolated, without human inhabitant, for 70 years. However, Jehovah declared through Isaiah and Ezekiel that the city would be rebuilt and the land inhabited at the precise time that he had foretold! This was an amazing prediction. Why? Because Babylon had the reputation of never freeing her prisoners. (Isaiah 14:4, 15-17) So who could possibly liberate these captives? Who could overthrow mighty Babylon, with her colossal walls and river-defense system?
Jehovah could! And he said that he would. (Isa 44:27, 28)

"At the time Cyrus moved against Babylon, its citizens felt very safe and secure. Their city was surrounded by a deep and broad protective moat, formed by the Euphrates River. Where the river ran through the city, there was a continuous quay along the east bank of the river. To separate it from the city, Nebuchadnezzar built what he called “a great wall, which like a mountain cannot be moved . . . Its head [he] raised mountain high.” This wall had gates with huge copper doors. To enter them, one had to climb up the slope from the river’s edge. Babylon’s prisoners despaired of ever being set free!

But not those Jewish captives who had faith in Jehovah! Through his prophets, God had promised to liberate them. How did God fulfill his promise? Cyrus ordered his armies to divert the Euphrates River at a point several miles north of Babylon. Thus, the city’s chief defense was turned into a relatively dry riverbed. On the crucial night, carousing revelers in Babylon carelessly left open the two-leaved doors along the Euphrates waterfront. Jehovah did not literally break the copper doors in pieces; nor did he cut down the iron bars that closed them, but his marvelous maneuvering to keep them open and unbarred had the same effect. Babylon’s walls were useless. Cyrus’ troops did not have to scale them to get inside. Jehovah went before Cyrus, smoothing out “the swells of land,” all obstacles disappeared. Isaiah was proved to be God’s true messenger.

When Cyrus had complete control of the city, all its treasures fell into his hands, including those hidden in dark, concealed rooms. Why did Jehovah God do this for Cyrus? In order that he would know that Jehovah, ‘the One calling him by his name,’ is the God of true prophecy and the Sovereign Lord of the universe. He would know that God had arranged for him to come to power to liberate His people, Israel.

Now read Jehovah’s words to Cyrus in context: “For the sake of my servant Jacob and of Israel my chosen one, I even proceeded to call you by your name; I proceeded to give you a name of honor, although you did not know me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. With the exception of me there is no God. I shall closely gird you, although you have not known me, in order that people may know from the rising of the sun and from its setting that there is none besides me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. Forming light and creating darkness, making peace [that is, for his exiled people] and creating calamity [for Babylon], I, Jehovah, am doing all these things.” (Isaiah 45:4-7)

Cyrus owed his conquest of Babylon to Jehovah, for He it was who had strengthened him to carry out His delight against that wicked city and free His captive people. In doing this, God called upon his heavens to shower down righteous influences or forces. He called upon his earth to open up and produce righteous events and salvation for his exiled people. And his figurative heavens and earth responded to this command. (Isaiah 45:8) More than a hundred years after his death, Isaiah was shown to be Jehovah’s true messenger!" (Insight Volumes)

If you take that scripture literally then James 1:13 is a lie. The word "evil" in this verse in some translations is misleading. It can also be more correctly rendered as "calamity", "adversity" or "harm". God caused "calamity" or "adversity" for Babylon. God does not bring calamity on anyone but his enemies and only when it is in line with his purpose to do so. (Matthew 5:44-45)

This is Sunday school theology. Sure you really want to stick to it?

If you fail to understand what happened in Eden, then you fail to understand the purpose of Christ's sacrifice or the necessity of the kingdom of God.

What Sunday School did you go to?
20.gif

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
But you have to remember, the number one victim of radical Muslim violence isn't non-Muslims, it's Muslims who aren't living up to the depraved "standards" of the radicals.

True, they are a bunch of religious fascists, and they detest ANYONE who doesn't share their hateful ideology.

jeager106

Premium Member

Japan has no 2nd Amendment to their constitution.
http://japan.kantei.go.jp/constitution_and_government_of_japan/constitution_e.html

Just how did this Country become free?
Brave souls fought the racial Empire with what arms were available at the time.
Freedom loving Colonists broke away from the racial British Empire with muzzle loading
rifles against the BEST military of that time.
Google some history please.

"The Founding Fathers saw other countries that had disarmed their citizens and the tyranny that ruled those fiefdoms."
http://joeforamerica.com/2013/01/why-do-we-have-the-2nd-amendment/

Argue with our Constitution if you like.

It's been said that the 2nd Amendment is no longer viable in the face of attack
helicopters and artillery and such.
Wanna bet?
Recall Afghanistan rebels who beat the snot out of the best modern army
in the world, the Russian army, with only rifles and some Stinger missiles WE,
OUR government, GAVE them.
Dismantle the 2nd Amendment? Which Amendment is next to be tossed?
The 1st?

jeager106

Premium Member
In context, this scripture makes more sense that simply quoting the verse in isolation.

True to prophesy, Judah and Jerusalem were to be desolated, without human inhabitant, for 70 years. However, Jehovah declared through Isaiah and Ezekiel that the city would be rebuilt and the land inhabited at the precise time that he had foretold! This was an amazing prediction. Why? Because Babylon had the reputation of never freeing her prisoners. (Isaiah 14:4, 15-17) So who could possibly liberate these captives? Who could overthrow mighty Babylon, with her colossal walls and river-defense system?
Jehovah could! And he said that he would. (Isa 44:27, 28)

"At the time Cyrus moved against Babylon, its citizens felt very safe and secure. Their city was surrounded by a deep and broad protective moat, formed by the Euphrates River. Where the river ran through the city, there was a continuous quay along the east bank of the river. To separate it from the city, Nebuchadnezzar built what he called “a great wall, which like a mountain cannot be moved . . . Its head [he] raised mountain high.” This wall had gates with huge copper doors. To enter them, one had to climb up the slope from the river’s edge. Babylon’s prisoners despaired of ever being set free!

But not those Jewish captives who had faith in Jehovah! Through his prophets, God had promised to liberate them. How did God fulfill his promise? Cyrus ordered his armies to divert the Euphrates River at a point several miles north of Babylon. Thus, the city’s chief defense was turned into a relatively dry riverbed. On the crucial night, carousing revelers in Babylon carelessly left open the two-leaved doors along the Euphrates waterfront. Jehovah did not literally break the copper doors in pieces; nor did he cut down the iron bars that closed them, but his marvelous maneuvering to keep them open and unbarred had the same effect. Babylon’s walls were useless. Cyrus’ troops did not have to scale them to get inside. Jehovah went before Cyrus, smoothing out “the swells of land,” all obstacles disappeared. Isaiah was proved to be God’s true messenger.

When Cyrus had complete control of the city, all its treasures fell into his hands, including those hidden in dark, concealed rooms. Why did Jehovah God do this for Cyrus? In order that he would know that Jehovah, ‘the One calling him by his name,’ is the God of true prophecy and the Sovereign Lord of the universe. He would know that God had arranged for him to come to power to liberate His people, Israel.

Now read Jehovah’s words to Cyrus in context: “For the sake of my servant Jacob and of Israel my chosen one, I even proceeded to call you by your name; I proceeded to give you a name of honor, although you did not know me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. With the exception of me there is no God. I shall closely gird you, although you have not known me, in order that people may know from the rising of the sun and from its setting that there is none besides me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. Forming light and creating darkness, making peace [that is, for his exiled people] and creating calamity [for Babylon], I, Jehovah, am doing all these things.” (Isaiah 45:4-7)

Cyrus owed his conquest of Babylon to Jehovah, for He it was who had strengthened him to carry out His delight against that wicked city and free His captive people. In doing this, God called upon his heavens to shower down righteous influences or forces. He called upon his earth to open up and produce righteous events and salvation for his exiled people. And his figurative heavens and earth responded to this command. (Isaiah 45:8) More than a hundred years after his death, Isaiah was shown to be Jehovah’s true messenger!" (Insight Volumes)

If you take that scripture literally then James 1:13 is a lie. The word "evil" in this verse in some translations is misleading. It can also be more correctly rendered as "calamity", "adversity" or "harm". God caused "calamity" or "adversity" for Babylon. God does not bring calamity on anyone but his enemies and only when it is in line with his purpose to do so. (Matthew 5:44-45)

If you fail to understand what happened in Eden, then you fail to understand the purpose of Christ's sacrifice or the necessity of the kingdom of God.

What Sunday School did you go to?
20.gif

This ^^^^ was such a good post it should be repeated so I posted it again.

An unarmed society is a vulnerable society. People become sheeple and are
slaughtered.
People tend to panic and run making themselves....oh....what is the word I'm searching for..?
TARGETS. Yeah, that's the word I was searching for...TARGETS.

I AM NOT A TARGET!
There...........................BAN THAT!

Ban knives? Really?
Afraid so.
With Knife Murders Spiking After Gun Ban, UK Urges "Save A Life - Surrender Your Knife"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...n-ban-uk-urges-save-life-surrender-your-knife

Recall the the bat'leth, or "sword of honor" of Star Treks "Worf's" character.
A fellow in Brittain, a Trekkie, bought one and displayed it in his home.
The Brit police took it and charged the man with having an illegal weapon.
Really????????????????????????:eek::eek: