• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask YmirGF whatever you want...

Shamuwn

Well several others have done it and I thought I would see where this led. I have noted that my frubals tend to "go off the charts" when I have written either humorous or advice pieces and tend to fall flat when I am breaking new ground or talking about Islam.

I think it safe to assume that I am definitely a "fringer" here on RF as I do not fit any predefined mold. The only way to describe my inner adventures is to say that I follow the mystical path of direct experience and that path is open to all who seek it. That path follows Buddhism and Shamanism mainly with nice naturalist and pagan twists tossed in for good measure.

I do not follow so-called "revealed" thinking outside of what the individual can "reveal" to themselves. My game can be defined in one word, perception. It is the best game in town and one that anyone can be a part of.

So, if you have any questions, of any kind, for this old coot, feel free and "let her rip". Let's try to keep the questions somewhat reasonable, but other than that there are no quidelines on what can be asked.

*Release the hounds*

Ques ; If The Word [ Hebrew ] Appears For The First Time In Genesis 14 ; 13 What Was The Language Used In Genesis 1 ; 1 On Up To Genesis 14 ; 12 ??

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ques ; If The Word [ Hebrew ] Appears For The First Time In Genesis 14 ; 13 What Was The Language Used In Genesis 1 ; 1 On Up To Genesis 14 ; 12 ??
Beats me, I don't follow the Bible.
If the answer was particularly important to you it might be an idea to ask a Christian Scholar like Angellous_Evangellous.
He is your daddy, so he ought to know. ;)

Shamuwn

Beats me, I don't follow the Bible.
If the answer was particularly important to you it might be an idea to ask a Christian Scholar like Angellous_Evangellous.
He is your daddy, so he ought to know. ;)

I Though Because You Made The Challenge You Would Have An Answer . By The Way With I Told You Who Your Daddy Was You Report Me .

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I Though Because You Made The Challenge You Would Have An Answer.
I'm sorry to inform you that you were not paying attention to the offer made in the OP (Opening Post for the unwashed).

In the OP, I specifically said, "So, if you have any questions, of any kind, for this old coot, feel free and "let her rip". Let's try to keep the questions somewhat reasonable, but other than that there are no guidelines on what can be asked."

I said, you can ask me any question you wish. Nowhere am I saying that I have the answer. A small, but important, difference. Unlike many, here on RF, I don't pretend to have the answers, but that doesn't mean that I might not have an interesting perspective on a given topic that interests me.

By The Way With I Told You Who Your Daddy Was You Report Me.
Why would I report you? Evidently you don't understand a very common description attributed to Angellous_Evangellous. He is a moderator on RF and should be fairly easy to track down.

PS: Capitalizing every word of your responses makes you like like an utter imbecile. I would suggest that you refrain from doing so.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You and me both mate. Too much gloss over the reality of their subject matter.

I better ask a question I guess....

What's your favourite Yes! album and track.
That is a toughie, Chris.

As a prelim, I have seen Yes perform live twice and Jon Anderson on his solo tour of Olias of Sunhillow, so I am a pretty hardcore fan.

Their first live lp, a three record set, called Yessongs,
yessongs.jpg

is perhaps a milestone that all live rock albums should try to aspire to.
Each track is brilliant, imo.
And you and I, in particular, is a standout of how it comes across Live... as does Close to the Edge.

As far as concept LP's go, I have always admired the work that went into Tales from Topographical oceans.
topographic_hi.jpg

A double LP, with one song on each side. A masterpiece, if ever there was one, though greatly under-rated, imo.
The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn) on side one is my favorite with exquisite vocals by Anderson.

I should also mention that I have all the members solo efforts on vinyl, as well, lol, so a good part of their personal fortunes came from me.

*DRUM ROLL*

To answer your question though, if there can only be one, then there is indeed a single "stand out" piece from the 1977 LP, Going for the One.
It is an elegant piece on side two entitled, Awaken.
Towards the end of my psychedelic era, this was a noted favorite.
It certainly woke me up, lol, then again, I have always been a light sleeper.

Last edited:

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Epic choices good sir. I own all the above on CD, and Close to the Edge on vinyl (Panda present :) ). Have you heard the live version off the The Yes Story release? Starts off with something like... "This one's for Damien... good guy, good guy". Best version of that track I've heard.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
Ever experience sleep paralysis?

Do you refquesntly have long, vivid, detailed dreams?

Do yo uhave a knack for dream interpretation?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ever experience sleep paralysis?
No, not really. There are times when I noted that I was tense and simply began to relax. I have never been unable to sort out the seeming paralysis.

Do you refquesntly have long, vivid, detailed dreams?
Well, dreams are not necessarily very long, but rather, they contain a lot of detail that takes the conscious mind a fair amount of time to wade through. They only become "long" when being analyzed due to the amount of data. For the most part, my dreams don't seem to take all that long to play out, then again, I am usually dreaming of more than one thing at a time and have multiple focuses.

Do you have a knack for dream interpretation?
Some folks certainly think that I do. My methodology in analyzing dreams is most certainly unorthodox and non-standard. I normally eschew notions of fixed meanings for given symbols and try to ascertain the meaning of a given symbol in the contexts it appears. For example, if an apple appears in someone's dream, I will not simply go... "Aha, an apple -- that means..."; rather, I try to unravel what the apple means in the context given and more importantly, what it means to the dreamer at that juncture in their experience. Suffice to say that I have not read any books on dreams and dream interpretation for a very long time and feel no need to do so based on the analysis I have seen others give who rely on them.

biomystic

Excuse me but what is the fascination of mental imagery and LSD-like experiences or has something else come up in these pages of comments different from the o.p.?

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Ymirgf,Can you tell me at what stage does your OBE differ from the real after death experience.What is it that real death has that an OBE does not have?Do you "breathe" when you are having a OBE?Can you at any point in the OBE,voluntarily give up life?

Thanks and regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozzie

Well several others have done it and I thought I would see where this led. I have noted that my frubals tend to "go off the charts" when I have written either humorous or advice pieces and tend to fall flat when I am breaking new ground or talking about Islam.

I think it safe to assume that I am definitely a "fringer" here on RF as I do not fit any predefined mold. The only way to describe my inner adventures is to say that I follow the mystical path of direct experience and that path is open to all who seek it. That path follows Buddhism and Shamanism mainly with nice naturalist and pagan twists tossed in for good measure.

I do not follow so-called "revealed" thinking outside of what the individual can "reveal" to themselves. My game can be defined in one word, perception. It is the best game in town and one that anyone can be a part of.

So, if you have any questions, of any kind, for this old coot, feel free and "let her rip". Let's try to keep the questions somewhat reasonable, but other than that there are no quidelines on what can be asked.

*Release the hounds*
Never mind frubals, how did you graduate to "comparative religion"?:eek:

Is there a late night show on SHOWTIME I can get you on?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ymirgf,Can you tell me at what stage does your OBE differ from the real after death experience.
I guess it would be the perception of inner (non-physical experience) and outer (physical experience). I don't see this as an issue after physical death. Theoretically, it is a unique perspective of the human animal (that there are different areas TO experience).

What is it that real death has that an OBE does not have?
The requirement of maintaining a physical body. That process consumes a great deal of energy... if you hadn't noticed. :)

Do you "breathe" when you are having a OBE?
Yes, but it is like in deep meditation and very shallow. I guess some may conclude that the OBE is precipitated by lack of oxygen going to the brain, but in theory, the entire metabolism is slowed down. In effect, the body is on "autopilot". That said, one is normally aware of the physical body -- to a degree. For example, if a fly landed on your nose, you would be aware of it, although it might take a few moments to "come back" to physical reality entirely. In that sense, it takes time to shift awareness away from the physical world, likewise, it takes time to "ground".

Can you at any point in the OBE,voluntarily give up life?
I will assume you mean physical life. On my very first experience, I did have the off-hand sensation that I could choose to not return. It wasn't really a serious consideration though. I was simply aware of the possibility. To be honest, this never cropped up on subsequent adventures. It was a forgone conclusion that I was coming back. The odd part is, being "away" makes one all the more delighted to be "back". There is a unique comfort and satisfaction in physical existence as it offers such remarkable opportunities for exploration. This is made even more so when you have other experiences to augment them. It's hard to put into words.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Never mind frubals, how did you graduate to "comparative religion"?:eek:
I don't recall if I placed it there originally or whether it has since been moved. In some ways it does fit into "comparative religions" even though my viewpoints are almost the antithesis of religion, they do form the crux of what religions grow from.

Is there a late night show on SHOWTIME I can get you on?
Not that I am aware of, but if you can find one, I'll try my best to be entertaining or at the very least -- memorable. ;)

Ozzie

I don't recall if I placed it there originally or whether it has since been moved. In some ways it does fit into "comparative religions" even though my viewpoints are almost the antithesis of religion, they do form the crux of what religions grow from.

Not that I am aware of, but if you can find one, I'll try my best to be entertaining or at the very least -- memorable. ;)
Ok then, how is the colloquial "light at the end of the tunnel", different from what mystics refer to as enlightenment?

There are probably many different degrees of "light at the end of the tunnel", so lets take the perspective of a carer for someone undergoing longterm chemotherapy for cancer, and compare it with someone seeking enlightenment through meditation.

Last edited: