• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask YmirGF whatever you want...

Morse

To Extinguish
But "hampster" is a valid answer, however it is the incorrect answer.

I deny your pagan answer in the name of the greater power of my monotheistic god.
In place I will establish "Hamster" as the correct answer.

Interesting, something seems odd.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
I think it safe to assume that I am definitely a "fringer" here on RF as I do not fit any predefined mold.

I can sympathize. I've always been somewhat of a betweener.

The only way to describe my inner adventures is to say that I follow the mystical path of direct experience and that path is open to all who seek it.

Sorry if this question has been covered but are all your experiences individual, or have you had any shared experiences?

That path follows Buddhism and Shamanism mainly with nice naturalist and pagan twists tossed in for good measure.

I like that.

So, if you have any questions, of any kind, for this old coot, feel free and "let her rip". Let's try to keep the questions somewhat reasonable, but other than that there are no quidelines on what can be asked.

Ever seen a "UFO"?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I can sympathize. I've always been somewhat of a betweener.
Well, I am where I need to be to maintain my peculiar sense of reality. It isn't likely I could maintain this standpoint if I was a part of any particular group. Frankly, even being a part of RF is a bit limiting. :) It's not easy being a spiritual anarchist, but one gets used to the burden after awhile.

Sorry if this question has been covered but are all your experiences individual, or have you had any shared experiences?
I have had a great many shared experiences, yes. That is what made me realize, during my formative stages, that I wasn't suffering from an elaborate delusion. When others can feel you and you can feel them, interesting possibilities open up.

I like that.
Thanks.

Ever seen a "UFO"?
Perhaps. Late one evening in the mid 70's I looked out my bedroom window and say what appeared to be something that looked like a spinning Ferris wheel glide slowly and silently, moving from east to west. It remained in my sight for some minutes and I have no explanation of what it might have been. I did note that it was something odd. Aside from this one instance, I have never seen anything I would label as a UFO as I simply do not believe in UFO's, per se.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
Perhaps. Late one evening in the mid 70's I looked out my bedroom window and say what appeared to be something that looked like a spinning Ferris wheel glide slowly and silently, moving from east to west. It remained in my sight for some minutes and I have no explanation of what it might have been. I did note that it was something odd. Aside from this one instance, I have never seen anything I would label as a UFO as I simply do not believe in UFO's, per se.

At what stage in your spiritual development was that? What color was it?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
have you had any non corporeal contact

or is that not your thing?
Given that I have had many, if not numerous, non-corporeal or out-of-body experiences, this question might be considered, in and of itself, a given.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I meant have you ever interacted with non physical beings...
That would be a "yes", Cheese. As I clearly said, given that I have had numerous out-of-body or non-physical experiences, I have had many interactions with non-physical beings. That said, I have also had a handful of what could be termed "visitations", while within my physical body.