• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me things!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My turn for an ask thread!

My name is Jess, I am a 30-something year old woman living in Portland, Oregon. I work in massage and PT at a Portland wellness clinic and have been doing it for 12 years.

I am a 100% Gemini with am ascending sign of Gemini (which I identify with more than think the planet's have anything to do with it.) I have six million hobbies which include digital art which I sometimes do for work, web design, 3D modeling, reptile rescue and public education, video games, tabletop RPGs, movies and a metric ton of books.

I'm an atheist who grew up in a non-religious household, but have taken several journeys through various faiths. I would describe my personal values as most inline with utilitarian/pragmatic consequentialism. I am a physicalist/materialist(colloquial usage) but I try my hardest not to be a dick. ;)

Ask away!

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student

My name is Jess, I am a 30-something year old woman living in Portland, Oregon. I work in massage and PT at a Portland wellness clinic and have been doing it for 12 years.

I am a 100% Gemini with am ascending sign of Gemini (which I identify with more than think the planet's have anything to do with it.) I have six million hobbies which include digital art which I sometimes do for work, web design, 3D modeling, reptile rescue and public education, video games, tabletop RPGs, movies and a metric ton of books.

I'm an atheist who grew up in a non-religious household, but have taken several journeys through various faiths. I would describe my personal values as most inline with utilitarian/pragmatic consequentialism. I am a physicalist/materialist(colloquial usage) but I try my hardest not to be a dick. ;)

Ask away!

Do you believe in astrology?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What are some of your favorite games (both table top and console/pc), and do you have any art that you could share with us?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Ask away!

Can you please rank your 6 million hobbies in order of how much time you spend on them?

(You claimed not to be a dick, but I reserve the right to be one... )

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you by any chance a lovely Beholder? :D

beholder_70185.jpg

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have any recommendations/resources for anyone who wants to learn how to draw but really doesn't know how to draw or visualize at all?
Best recommendation I can make is make drawing from life an every day priority. Get a small sketch pad, pick a reference of something in real life, and draw something every day. Doesn't have to be a full illustration. Doesn't even have to be good. The best way I know to develop that skill really is consistent practice, and learning not to judge yourself for it.
Do you believe in astrology?
No. I think it's fun to read about as sort of a self-evaluation tool. See lists of traits and behaviors and look inward to see what resonates with you. But not beyond that. :)
What are some of your favorite games (both table top and console/pc), and do you have any art that you could share with us?
Dungeons and Dragons is by far my favorite table top, which the hubby and I play weekly. But I also enjoy the Dresden Files rpg and Edge of the Empire.
If I had to pick a favorite video game it's probably Mass Effect 2. For recent games I really enjoyed SOMA. Also quite enjoying Uncharted 4.
Can you please rank your 6 million hobbies in order of how much time you spend on them?
(You claimed not to be a dick, but I reserve the right to be one... )
Art, gaming, reading, gardening, RF, and everything else at equal distribution following. ;)
Are you by any chance a lovely Beholder? :D

beholder_70185.jpg
How dare you?! Clearly, I am an Eye Tyrant. Vastly superior to those wretched fool beholders and their petty squabbles!
What do you like to model in 3D? And using which softwares? :)
I largely do creature design but I also enjoy some environmental texturing. I predominantly use Zbrush, Maya and Keyshot. :)
[GALLERY=media, 7659]Cretaceous Storm by ADigitalArtist posted Sep 1, 2016 at 12:41 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 7660]Andalite by ADigitalArtist posted Sep 1, 2016 at 12:49 AM[/GALLERY]

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Ask away!

Why did you use "but" in your latest sentence? :)

Ciao

- viole

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm an atheist who grew up in a non-religious household, but have taken several journeys through various faiths. I would describe my personal values as most inline with utilitarian/pragmatic consequentialism.

How closely aligned do you feel with secular humanism or Humanism?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've seen the documentary, Portlandia.
I now understand your perspective better.

Question....
Is there bacon there?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Ask away!

How many chickens do you own?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it true you are dating Usher?
Shhhh!
So randomized soul searching?
Yeah kinda, tbh.
Why?

Please give your answer numerically...
Why did you use "but" in your latest sentence? :)

Ciao

- viole
Because I was typing on my phone and 'however was too long. ;)
How closely aligned do you feel with secular humanism or Humanism?
I don't align with it, really, as humanism is a virtue ethical system (at least in most cases.) It also can take some human exceptionalism views that I don't share.
I've seen the documentary, Portlandia.
I now understand your perspective better.

Question....
Is there bacon there?
Oh yeah. We laugh at the prevalence of veganism and vegetarianism in Portland but it also has a TON of cooking snobs. So not only do we have bacon, we have top shelf smoke cured artisanal bacon. And everything in between.
Incidentally I live in Portland but I grew up on a family farm in Wilsonville and had a high school graduating class of 50 students. I'm not city girl by nature.
Are you married?
Yes.
How many chickens do you own?
None at the moment! Portland is pretty good about backyard farms and poultry laws but apartments are still too small.
My folks have chickens though. So I can get farm fresh eggs pretty much whenever.

Ask away!
Coffee or tea?