• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me stuff about the bible?

3rdAngel

How many pages in your Bible?
Do you ever use the index at the back?

Well I have a concordance, interlinear and other resorces, two bibles and an electronic study system and also access other online tools and multiple translations and Hebrew and Greek (e.g. Bible Hub, Logos, Bible Analyzer etc). What do you use? :)

3rdAngel

I know what it says. Now I would appreciate an explanation instead of the run around. I have read your posts. You have taken a position of superior knowledge in everyone. Never have I seen you even hint at the possibility of being wrong. The obvious conclusion is that you believe you are correct in all things you post and everyone else is wrong. It is from your position of superior knowledge that I seek answers explaining this strange perfection you describe.

I would say those claims are not true and would say simply point you in the direction of ROMANS 2:1-8 and ask you what you think it means :)

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I have a concordance, interlinear and other resorces, two bibles and an electronic study system and also access other online tools and multiple translations and Hebrew and Greek (e.g. Bible Hub, Logos, Bible Analyzer etc). What do you use? :)
Yes,yes. We can all stipulate that you have a strong knowledge of the Bible. So why are you holding the answer to my questions so tight to your vest?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I would say simply point you in the direction of ROMANS 2:1-8 and ask you what you think it means :)
I would say that you run away when asked difficult questions. I do not need scripture to use my eyes.

if mankind was made perfect, how were they susceptible to temptation, disobedience and sinning?

Since you refuse to answer, the only logical conclusion is that you agree with @shunyadragon and consider perfection to include fallibility. Man was designed with sin preloaded.

Thank you. Your answers have been most helpful. You have a good evening.

3rdAngel

How many pages in your Bible?
Do you ever use the index at the back?

Every bible has a different amount of pages depending if it has maps and inbuilt concordences, margins, font sizes and other materials. One of mine has over 1448 pages (outside of scripture) another has over 2018 pages outside of scripture (not including extra materials). No need to use an index when you have a search engine and concordence :)

3rdAngel

I would say that you run away when asked difficult questions. I do not need scripture to use my eyes.

if mankind was made perfect, how were they susceptible to temptation, disobedience and sinning?

Since you refuse to answer, the only logical conclusion is that you agree with @shunyadragon and consider perfection to include fallibility. Man was designed with sin preloaded.

Thank you. Your answers have been most helpful. You have a good evening.

Not at all. Your question was answered in the very early post to you. Perhaps you did not like the answer. GENESIS 1:26 shows that mankind was made without sin, perfect in the image of God. We also have free will to choose who we believe and follow :)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I would say those claims are not true and would say simply point you in the direction of ROMANS 2:1-8 and ask you what you think it means :)
There were no claims only a question. One you have refused to answer.

Why would you say that? That would be the answer to my question. If you would stop fencing long enough to tell me the reasons that you think man was perfect, but behaved without perfection, that would be ever so peachy keen, neato.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Already answered and your not here to ask questions :)
False witness does not become you.

If I am not here for that, then why does my first post here have questions in it and why are you claiming to have answered them?

Are you claiming a paradox? Which is it?

3rdAngel

There were no claims only a question. One you have refused to answer.
Perhaps you did not read your post before posting it :)
Why would you say that? That would be the answer to my question. If you would stop fencing long enough to tell me the reasons that you think man was perfect, but behaved without perfection, that would be ever so peachy keen, neato.
I did already. :)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Not at all. Your question was answered in the very early post to you. Perhaps you did not like the answer. GENESIS 1:26 shows that mankind was made without sin, perfect in the image of God. We also have free will to choose who we believe and follow :)
You like to link posts. I have seen you go over the top doing that. Please link it so that I can see this answer, because I never saw it.

3rdAngel

False witness does not become you.
If I am not here for that, then why does my first post here have questions in it and why are you claiming to have answered them? Are you claiming a paradox? Which is it?

What false witness would that be? It seems you are only here for an argument :)

3rdAngel

You like to link posts. I have seen you go over the top doing that. Please link it so that I can see this answer, because I never saw it.

Nonsense. If people claim they say things they have never said and then claim I am lying and I can prove that claim to be a lie and I am able to prove as much I will do so. Now here you go post # 74 linked

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps you did not read your post before posting it :)

I did already. :)
Then provide the answer again. Maybe others missed it too

I'll repeat my question just for you.

If man was made perfect, how is it that they were susceptible to temptation, disobedience and sin? Does your failure to respond with a direct answer indicate that you agree? It certainly could be seen that way.

3rdAngel

Then provide the answer again. Maybe others missed it too

I'll repeat my question just for you.

If man was made perfect, how is it that they were susceptible to temptation, disobedience and sin? Does your failure to respond with a direct answer indicate that you agree? It certainly could be seen that way.
Okie....
3rdAngel said: Perhaps you should read your bible. We were indeed made perfect and without sin in God's image *GENESIS 1:26. God never forces us to follow him we have a free will to choose who we believe and follow according to the scriptures.

Hope this helps :)

Hope this helps :)