• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me stuff about the bible?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
No worries Os. According to the scriptures even in those who profess to be "believers" there can be wheat (true believers) and tares (name only). No one can know who they are for sure accept God. We are not to judge others accept according to righteous judgment (according to God's Word) it says you will know them (believers) by their fruit (what they do). I believe that according to the scripture no one has God's love in them unless God gives us a new heart to love *JEREMIAH 31:31-36; HEBREWS 8:10-12 which is God's new covenant promise to all those who believe and follow God's Word. This is why it is written unless we are born again we cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven *JOHN 3:3-7; JOHN 5:42. Love cannot be separated from obedience to God's Law *MATTHEW 22:36-40; ROMANS 13:8-10 as it is through obedience (the fruit) through faith *1 JOHN 5:4 that God works in us to will and to do of his own good pleasure *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. Only God can change our hearts to love and love is the fulfilling of God's law in those who believe God's Word *1 JOHN 5:4; ROMANS 13:8-10.

This is part answered in the previous post and scriptures shared earlier. The scripture clearly says that by our fruits is how we know God or not *MATTHEW 7:13-27. Your question is actually directly answered and shown in the scriptures here... *1 JOHN 2:3-4; REVELATION 12:17; REVELATION 14:12 and REVELATION 22:14. But even in this there can be a counterfeit. Genuine obedience is through faith in God's Word that works by love *GALATIANS 5:6. Love is the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who believe and follow God's Word *ROMANS 13:8-10; JAMES 2:8-11; MATTHEW 22:36-40; This God's new covenant promise of a new heart to love to all those who believe Gods' Word *HEBREWS 8:10-12.

blessings :)

Sorry, last question, why do sinners run free in the world doing harm to other sinners, and also doing harm to repentant people? I believe it was Paul whom was executed by the Romans.

3rdAngel

Sorry, last question, why do sinners run free in the world doing harm to other sinners, and also doing harm to repentant people? I believe it was Paul whom was executed by the Romans.

No worries Os no need to say sorry, please ask anytime. If I am not on when you ask I can see it when I am online latter. Anyhow great question. All the worlds suffering is because of mankind forsaking God's law and love. All we can do without God's salvation the scriptures teach is sin (break God's Law) because we have a sinful nature that cannot love the way God wants us to love. Our love is selfish, self centered, and we love sin (breaking God's Law) more than God *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7. Our sins have separated us from God *ISAIAH 59:2 and the penalty for sin is death but God so loved our world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life *JOHN 3:16. God sent his own son to suffer our penalty for sin so that we can be reconcilled back to God. Here at the cross we see God's love for mankind demonstrated in JESUS. It is kind of like a mass muderer (us) about to get the death penalty and an innocent person putting up their hand because they loved us saying, no let me die the death for this person on their behalf and set him free. It is God's love and God's free gift to those who believe and follow God's Word.

Great questions hope this is helpful :)

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member

Roman Emperor Nero decided to blame the burning of Rome on the Christians.

Eusebius claimed that Paul was beheaded at the order of the Roman emperor Nero or one of his subordinates. Paul’s martyrdom occurred shortly after much of Rome burned in a fire—an event that Nero blamed on the Christians. It is possible that the apostle Peter was martyred around the same time, during this period of early persecution of Christians.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
My friend, we will have to agree to disagree. If you cannot see God's truth then you have simply closed your eyes to it. You have not shared Gods' Word here so your words are only your own. I do not judge you. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgement day *JOHN 12:47-48. I wish you only God's blessings as you seek him through his Word. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear :)
How can we agree to disagree when you have not answered the question and only responded with tricks and false statements that are your words without God in them? I do not call anyone friend that does that and sits in judgement of others. Pretending to have God's Word does not make it so. False prophets are cheap. They will claim much and deliver only deceit

3rdAngel

How can we agree to disagree when you have not answered the question and only responded with tricks and false statements that are your words without God in them? I do not call anyone friend that does that and sits in judgement of others. Pretending to have God's Word does not make it so. False prophets are cheap. They will claim much and deliver only deceit

Hello Dan, Sadly, all I hear from you is lots ot empty words and accusations that have no truth in them that you cannot prove. This is sad for you. I would challenge you to prove your claims. If you cannot why make up things about others that are not true? I will simply leave what you have posted here between you and God. I am sorry my friend you did not like my answer to you but it was God's Word not mine that answered your question. So we will indeed have to agree to disagree. I wish you all the best :)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Hello Dan sadly, all I hear from you is lots ot empty words and accusations that have no truth in them that you cannot prove. This is sad for you. I would challenge you to prove your claims. If you cannot why make up things about others that are not true? I will simply leave that between you and God to think about and wish you all the best :)
I am sorry you're sad. Maybe you are not the messenger you think you are. You keep trying. After all, you said you were a student. Maybe that is why you responded to my questions as you have. Don't worry, ignorance can be cured. I have hope for you.

3rdAngel

I am sorry you're sad. Maybe you are not the messenger you think you are. You keep trying. After all, you said you were a student. Maybe that is why you responded to my questions as you have. Don't worry, ignorance can be cured. I have hope for you.

For me, JESUS must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because without him we are blind. He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would be like you and not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me. You say that I have not answered you, but I indeed answered you with His Word and not my words but you do not hear him because you have chosen not to hear his Word to you. I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen my friend. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day. Sadly at that time it will be too late for many that did not hear God's Word and decided not to follow it.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
For me, JESUS must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because without him we are blind. He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would be like you and not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me. You say that I have not answered you, but I indeed answered you with His Word and not my words but you do not hear him because you have chosen not to hear his Word to you. I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen my friend. :)
You did not answer my questions. If you think that what you did do is what God wants you to do, then I am sorry, you are wrong.

3rdAngel

You did not answer my questions. If you think that is what God wants you to do, then I am sorry, you are wrong.

It is given to the blind to have eyes to see and ears to hear and the lame to walk while those saying they see do not see. Those saying they hear do not hear and those saying they walk do not walk. This is because spiritual things are spiritually discerned and the natural man does not see them. They that be whole do not need the physician but those that are sick seek him. Many do not know the meaning. It is hard to see when you choose to close your eyes and ears. Do you know these scriptures Dan and what they mean?

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It is given to the blind to have eyes to see and ears to hear and the lame to walk while those saying they see do not see. Those saying they hear do not hear and those saying they walk do not walk. This is because spiritual things are spiritually discerned. They that be whole do not need the physician but those that are sick seek him. Many do not know the meaning. It is hard to see when you choose to close your eyes and ears.
How can these continued attempts to avoid answering my questions and veiled insults and accusations be what you think God wants you to do?

My eyes are open. I see the fruit you are producing. It has nothing to do with the will of God or the message of God. If it did, you would have answered my questions from the beginning. You would not need to get the last word in. You would not be trying to call me blind, not a "true" Christian, a liar, or any of the other things you have implied. At least the JW's will come out with a claim and an some semblance of an argument when they claim they are right and every other non-JW Christian is wrong. I will give them credit for that.

I am done here. You can post about how I ran away or whatever it is that makes you feel better. I have the answers I sought from you. They are your answers. You cannot pass the buck to me, God or anyone else.

3rdAngel

How can these continued attempts to avoid answering my questions and veiled insults and accusations be what you think God wants you to do?

My eyes are open. I see the fruit you are producing. It has nothing to do with the will of God or the message of God. If it did, you would have answered my questions from the beginning. You would not need to get the last word in. You would not be trying to call me blind, not a "true" Christian, a liar, or any of the other things you have implied. At least the JW's will come out with a claim and an some semblance of an argument when they claim they are right and every other non-JW Christian is wrong. I will give them credit for that.

I am done here. You can post about how I ran away or whatever it is that makes you feel better. I have the answers I sought from you. They are your answers. You cannot pass the buck to me, God or anyone else.

Who can know the mind of God? As the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways from your ways and so are my thoughts from your thoughts. But the Spirit of truth is given only to those that are poor. He is the teacher of all the poor in spirit, he knows them all by name because he reads the intent of the heart that is sick. Who can look into the mirror that God gives to see who they are? How can you find your way when the road is dark and narrow and your lamp goes out? Only those who look into the mirror find out who they are and see God. The natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God neither can he know them because in his mind they are foolishness. Now you say you see therefore your sin remains. Come let us reason together; Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Call upon me while I am near, tomorrow may be too late and why will you die when by my stripes you may be healed. With an everlasting love have I loved you and with loving kindness have I drawn you therefore why will you turn from me? It is hard to kick against the pricks when you close your eyes and ears to the Word of God. Do you know these scriptures Dan and what they mean?