• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me stuff about the bible?

3rdAngel

By never believing teachers
Yet according to the scriptures God has made His people teachers to share his Word with others. So just because we are told in the scriptures in the last days there will be many false teachers does that mean there will not be true teachers that know and share his Word and if so how will you know who is telling you the truth and who is not? :)

Ayjaydee

Yet according to the scriptures God has made us teachers to share his Word. So just because we are told in the scriptures in the last days there will be many false teachers does not mean there will not be true teachers does it? :)
There may be or may not be but it wont be of any importance for me as I will not give any of them my full belief. They're all welcome to point me in the direction they feel I should be looking. And I will take some of them up on it but will reserve belief unless I see it for myself

3rdAngel

There may be or may not be but it wont be of any importance for me as I will not give any of them my full belief. They're all welcome to point me in the direction they feel I should be looking. And I will take some of them up on it but will reserve belief unless I see it for myself
What if they simply pointed you in the direction of the scriptures and told you to prayerfully ask God to be your guide and teacher and seek God through his Word claiming the promises of JOHN 14:26; HEBREWS 8:11; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17 which are all conditional on JOHN 8:31-36 and JOHN 6:33?

Ayjaydee

What if they simply pointed you in the direction of the scriptures and told you to prayerfully ask God to be your guide and teacher and seek God through his Word claiming the promises of JOHN 14:26; HEBREWS 8:11; JOHN 16:13; JOHN 7:17 which are all conditional on JOHN 8:31-36?
I'd say no thanks

3rdAngel

And a gain of time for more productive paths

Ok, time will tell if your path is productive or not I guess. According to the scriptures there is only one path and it is a narrow one and few there be that find it. How do you know you are on the right path ir not? :)

Ayjaydee

Ok, time will tell if your path is productive or not I guess. According to the scriptures there is only one path and it is a narrow one and few there be that find it. How do you know you are on the right path ir not? :)
I dont

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think anyone you ask this question will say they are on the right path, so turn the question toward you self. Are you on the right path?
I think your answer is, Yes you are on the right path, For you. And this is similar to everyone else, they found truth within the path they chosen to follow.
But sometimes you realize that the path you are on did not lead you to the level of wisdom you was told it would do, then it is time to look for a path that actually do lead you futher, But it will only lead futher if you use every moment of the day to better one self. because no matter how good and true the teaching is, it is ALWAYS up to our own effort to become more pure in our mind. God can not take away your sins, only you can, by following his teaching :) Hope you will gain deep wisdom on your path toward truth :)

3rdAngel

I think anyone you ask this question will say they are on the right path, so turn the question toward you self. Are you on the right path?
I think your answer is, Yes you are on the right path, For you. And this is similar to everyone else, they found truth within the path they chosen to follow.
But sometimes you realize that the path you are on did not lead you to the level of wisdom you was told it would do, then it is time to look for a path that actually do lead you futher, But it will only lead futher if you use every moment of the day to better one self. because no matter how good and true the teaching is, it is ALWAYS up to our own effort to become more pure in our mind. God can not take away your sins, only you can, by following his teaching Hope you will gain deep wisdom on your path toward truth

Good question, I believe I have found peace and God through belieiving and following the scriptures. There are indeed many paths. Not all of them lead to the right place according to the scriptures. MATTHEW 7:13-14 [13], Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14], Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Good question, I believe I have found peace and God through belieiving and following the scriptures. There are indeed many paths. Not all of them lead to the right place according to the scriptures :)
Indeed, there are paths that can be seen as "false" paths, because the person who put it forth did not have the wisdom of the truth, but can speak very well, and many will fall for their false speach, and so it become a false path, this is very common in todays world. And if i remember correct, the bible say it will be more difficult to see the truth in the end of times. and in my understanding, we are now in the end of time ( but earth will not disapear tomorrow, it can still take many thousands of years), human morallity will decline rapidly in the end of time

3rdAngel

Indeed, there are paths that can be seen as "false" paths, because the person who put it forth did not have the wisdom of the truth, but can speak very well, and many will fall for their false speach, and so it become a false path, this is very common in todays world. And if i remember correct, the bible say it will be more difficult to see the truth in the end of times. and in my understanding, we are now in the end of time ( but earth will not disapear tomorrow, it can still take many thousands of years), human morallity will decline rapidly in the end of time

Hi Amanaki, good post. Yes the scriptures do indeed teach that there will be many false paths and even false Christian teachers. With all the above happening how can one find the right path in your view?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hi Amanaki, good post. Yes the scriptures do indeed teach that there will be many false paths and even false Christian teachers. With all the above happening how can one find the right path in your view?
Cultivation of the written word of the bible (for the Christians) And to do as the bible ask of you, to become free of sin, and to have compassion toward all living beings.
And of course following the 10 commandments every day.

3rdAngel

Sin is going against the will/wishes of your chosen deity. Now I have heard all manner of alternative definitions from various belief systems.

Thats actually not a bad definition. Though specifically sin is not believing and following God's Word or breaking anyone of the 10 commandments *ROMANS 14:23; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:10-11. :)