• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask any question about Christianity!

Mark1615

Buttons* said:
of course, God shouldn't be limited to a body. Which is why it confuses me when they say God is a person. If God can be and do whatever he wants, then why do people limit him?
"Person" doesn't have to mean human! "Person" refers to traits that include emotions, volitions, intelligence.

Many people limit God, because they don't really know Him. When we try to limit or say "To me, God is like this...", then we commit idolatry - making God something He's not. But then again, we will never truly know everything about God. So, we must be very careful to try not to impose our assumptions on Him.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mark1615 said:
"Person" doesn't have to mean human! "Person" refers to traits that include emotions, volitions, intelligence.
Really? But if we're made in the image of God, then wouldnt he have to be human?

Mark said:
Many people limit God, because they don't really know Him. When we try to limit or say "To me, God is like this...", then we commit idolatry - making God something He's not. But then again, we will never truly know everything about God. So, we must be very careful to try not to impose our assumptions on Him.
My school says that Elohim is a personal god, and has revealed himself to us. They say that God wants us to know him, and he is a personal god. So how can you not make assumptions about him? They say that God's personalities are apparent.... i dont get it though....
I see God as more of an impersonal oneness.... it seems you view it the same way?

Mark1615

Buttons* said:
This is true, i notice it lots when the christians at my school find other religions stupid, and dont try to understand them. It sounds strange because we've never attempted thinking the way others do.
You will know Christians by their good works, not just by their words.

Mark1615

Buttons* said:
So when Yeshua went back up to heaven, wouldnt he have just molded back into the one god? In a monotheistic religion, there should only be one god, not three manifistations of one.
In a loose sense, yes. But the Bible says that Jesus is at the right hand of God in heaven. Though I don't fully know what that means. But then again, He never left God in the first place. Jesus was always with God.

Bangbang

Mark1615 said:
I really want to keep answering more questions, but I have to go away for the weekend.:(

Talk to you all Monday.
Yeh! Had to run after my question...ehhhh? :biglaugh:

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Mark1615 said:
You will know Christians by their good works, not just by their words.
What "works" do they need to accomplish? Meaning being kind to one another? Meaning mission work? Meaning charity? The Christians I know arent just cruel of the tongue....

bang bang, do you really think the wicked get the better life? I would really like to know what you are calling the better life. Cause I used to live that "better life". And wouldn't trade back to my old life for nothing.

Bangbang

steve at JRM said:
bang bang, do you really think the wicked get the better life? I would really like to know what you are calling the better life. Cause I used to live that "better life". And wouldn't trade back to my old life for nothing.
Yes I do believe that. What planet do you live on?

If you go around treating people like you just did to me, after I asked a friendly question, then I would venture to guess I'm not the first person you insulted. Am I the first person you have treated like this. I would go out on a limb here and say no.