• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask about Jehovah's Witnesses

BM5

If you don't or are unable to answer my questions then why did you bother to start this thread ?

Going to your website or to your hall for me would be a waste of my time since I do not accept your beliefs now and never will. Like I said I already know them. I find it interesting engaging members of your sect in debate.

The pedophile reference to the JW's came up in your latest hand-out. Your organization has allegations of misconduct and coverup which has been made public through documentaries, websites and possibly court cases. For your group to condemn the Catholic Church for their coverup is quite justified but as far as I'm concerned people who live in glass houses shouldn't go around throwing stones. Now if your group has had these problems and disfellowshipped the guilty ones etc. etc. then that is another story, but the reports I have heard tell a different tale.

So how is it that for 1800 years and more it was hidden from Christianity that the Christ is St. Michael the Archangel ?

One would think that He would have told his apostles and they in turn would have passed it on and so it would have come down through the ages to us.

rocka21

Brother Rock
WitnessofJah said:
I will not answer this question for you. :) If you were to ask that same question to any religious contingency you would get an answer in return that their religion is the right one. However, it is your job to look into detail at every religion and come to a conclusion about which one is the correct one. :)

sorry for my earlier question. this is the answer i was looking for.

yes Jw's think they, and ONLY THEY know the truth.

A lesson for everyone reading this, when ANY christian denomination comes and says we are the ONLY ones that know EVERYTHING . RUN FOR THE HILLS.

I am a christian and belive many that called on his name shall be saved. catholic, baptist, methodist, ETC. ETC - and even me - non- denominational

i have studied the bible for over 10 years, preach, and teach in a bible collage. the ONE thing i have learned. no man knows it all , and those who say they got it all right, well " there you go".

the sad thing is how hard it is to get out of this cult. my uncle would not come to my wedding because he is jw and wouldn't step foot in my church. how sad, the bondage they are under.

next time one knocks on your door, say " i love the lord with all my heart and jesus has changed my life lets share about our love for the lord". They are PROGRAMED to go into there spill about JW's. THEY belive if your not JW , your not going to make it.

the ole, US 4 and no more, mentality. SO SAD -

they can't read anything that challages the watchtower or there beliefs.
a neat example. A jw was on my job and gave me a book , i read it everyday at lunch. it took me a week to read it, it had some interesting points ( mainly bashing the catholic church and talking about how there church was founded). At the end of the week in front of my work crew i tried to hand him a little book that my pastor wrote about salvation. he said " i can't read that , that's heresy", and even my unbelieving co-workers thought that was wrong. i guess he showed his stripes. Anyway , i got to witness to a lot of people on that job and the Jw just turned everyone off with his close mind mentality.

</IMG></IMG>

groovyable

BM5 said:
If you don't or are unable to answer my questions then why did you bother to start this thread ?

Going to your website or to your hall for me would be a waste of my time since I do not accept your beliefs now and never will. Like I said I already know them. I find it interesting engaging members of your sect in debate.

The pedophile reference to the JW's came up in your latest hand-out. Your organization has allegations of misconduct and coverup which has been made public through documentaries, websites and possibly court cases. For your group to condemn the Catholic Church for their coverup is quite justified but as far as I'm concerned people who live in glass houses shouldn't go around throwing stones. Now if your group has had these problems and disfellowshipped the guilty ones etc. etc. then that is another story, but the reports I have heard tell a different tale.

So how is it that for 1800 years and more it was hidden from Christianity that the Christ is St. Michael the Archangel ?

One would think that He would have told his apostles and they in turn would have passed it on and so it would have come down through the ages to us.
haha, you make me laugh, i didn't start this thread. If you already aware of the teaching why didn't you know who the faithful discreet slave is? this is one of the main teachings... why did you ask a load of questions about the faith? plus shouldn't you know all the infomation about the Archangel?... yet if you just want to depate why dont you show evidance of your opion instead of asking questions about the religion? Plus it aint a sect its a religion and a faith. Peace x

PS... Rocka21, i dont agree with what your work peer did, he should of took the book. i personally would of done and i would of read it and handed it back. Yet i am a rather libreal JW, dont worry not all of us are narrow minded.

BM5

My questions are a challenge to you to explain yourself . Your sect claims to be the only voice of God on this planet so lets show everyone the reasoning behind your claims. Your assault at me is a defensive posture to avoid looking at the questions I put to you. But the more you try to explain it the more obvious it becomes that these basic beliefs are the result of cherry picking scripture and placing a warped interpetation on them to suit conclusions that either a false prophet like Russel ,Rutherford or some group has made beforehand.

Furthermore when a verse is inconsistent with the desired belief your people just go ahead and change it, as in John 1 verse one where they changed " and the Word was God " to " and the Word was a God ". This change denies His divinity and opens the door for the Michael the Archangel belief. So who made the change ? Russel ? Rutherford ? the prayer group ? Maybe this mysterious Discreet Slave perhaps ?

The JW sect leaders have been at least zero for five or six in their predictions for the end of the world since the fiasco of 1914. I think this poor track record speaks for itself, don't you ?

As for who started this thread, I guess I figured you guys were all working together. Most of what I've seen on this forum from the JW's appears to be blatant proselytizing which doesn't give much room for freedom of thought on an individual level.

athanasius

I have heard that the witness believe that Jesus was actually St Michael the Archangel? Is this true? If so How? Just curious?

Thank you and May God bless you always
in Jesus Christ the King through his and our Immaculate Queen Mother Mary,
Athanasius

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
WitnessofJah said:
I was not always a Jehovah's Witness, but after extensive research I could deny no longer the evidence that was being shown to me. As Jehovah's Witnesses, we believe 100% everything that the Bible has to say, and we also don't believe in the Trinity, for the simple fact that there is no passage in the Bible that supports Trinitarianism, only scriptures that have been taken out of context. We also believe that one day, the righteous will live here on Earth in a paradise forever. Why do we believe this? Because the Bible says so.
quote]
I must agree the word trinity is not mentioned in the bible,but Godhead is,but the mention of the Spirit,Jesus and the father are mentioned innumerable times indicating the active role of the triune Godhead
Could you enlighten me as to why Jesus mentions the spirit and the father in this verse John 14:26 and many others verses.
He can't be talking about himself or he would be dilusional because it clearly shows the 3 separate aspects of the Godhead and He not only mentions them but clarifies their role in this passage and on earth.
Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,(Jesus) he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you(Jesus)

Here are several verses that are not out of context but clearly show the individual aspects of the Godhead,thus the word trinity has come forth because there is always shown throughout scripture, 3 separate distinct roles and titles of the Godhead.
The father son and Holy Ghost,or spirit are distinct with inidvidual personalities yet all one God.
Trinity is not the focus of worship but God the father is, through the son by the means and power of the holy spirit
The only way any of us can be made righteous enough to pray,worship,and seek God is through the sacrifice of Jesus and His blood that was shed for the penalty of our sin.
When that step of faith is made and we accept believe and recieve Jesus as Savior the role or work of the Holy Spirit is to enter the believer and empower them to live a successful,Godly, sold out life for God. So thus you have the roles of the Godhead

Here are some verses that show the distinct diversity and individual personalities of the God head
Mat 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:.
Act 7:55But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
1Th 4:8He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
Jhn 14:16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 15:26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

deelo505

why do jehovah's witnesses think only the annointed should partake in tonights last supper celebration?thats making thousands of people deny the body of christ! have they not read John 6:53-54 or 1 Cor. 10:16-18?

deelo505

so because their are two birthdays mentioned in the bible and the kings did bad tihings you dont celebrate your childs birthday?you dont celebrate your own? it seems to me the bible is focusing one the bad act and person rather than the day it happened becuase im sure herod killed alot more people on alot of other days. i just dont see the reasoning for it.

deelo505

i dont think there is a reason for that belief either....theres an indirect statement in revelation which makes them think that...idk

deelo505

sorry for my earlier question. this is the answer i was looking for.

yes Jw's think they, and ONLY THEY know the truth.

A lesson for everyone reading this, when ANY christian denomination comes and says we are the ONLY ones that know EVERYTHING . RUN FOR THE HILLS.

I am a christian and belive many that called on his name shall be saved. catholic, baptist, methodist, ETC. ETC - and even me - non- denominational

i have studied the bible for over 10 years, preach, and teach in a bible collage. the ONE thing i have learned. no man knows it all , and those who say they got it all right, well " there you go".

the sad thing is how hard it is to get out of this cult. my uncle would not come to my wedding because he is jw and wouldn't step foot in my church. how sad, the bondage they are under.

next time one knocks on your door, say " i love the lord with all my heart and jesus has changed my life lets share about our love for the lord". They are PROGRAMED to go into there spill about JW's. THEY belive if your not JW , your not going to make it.

the ole, US 4 and no more, mentality. SO SAD -

they can't read anything that challages the watchtower or there beliefs.
a neat example. A jw was on my job and gave me a book , i read it everyday at lunch. it took me a week to read it, it had some interesting points ( mainly bashing the catholic church and talking about how there church was founded). At the end of the week in front of my work crew i tried to hand him a little book that my pastor wrote about salvation. he said " i can't read that , that's heresy", and even my unbelieving co-workers thought that was wrong. i guess he showed his stripes. Anyway , i got to witness to a lot of people on that job and the Jw just turned everyone off with his close mind mentality.

</IMG></IMG>
its so nice to see wonderful christians on here like ourself.i agree jw's are close minded and what you to read their publications and things but wont give ours a chance. hopefully ill be able to convert my boyfriend to be a true christian but with their attitude....it will be a strugle..

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
its so nice to see wonderful christians on here like ourself.i agree jw's are close minded and what you to read their publications and things but wont give ours a chance. hopefully ill be able to convert my boyfriend to be a true christian but with their attitude....it will be a strugle..

Pot 'n kettle.

trinity2359

You're dating a Witness? I didn't think they encouraged that .....dating (because marriage and children are not to be priorities at the moment and that's the only valid reason to date btw is find a marriage mate -check out the watchtower of recent) and dating of non-JWs! Good luck. It took me YEARS to get out of the JW mindset - even when I disassociated, I still compared all religious thought/belief to them.

deelo505

You're dating a Witness? I didn't think they encouraged that .....dating (because marriage and children are not to be priorities at the moment and that's the only valid reason to date btw is find a marriage mate -check out the watchtower of recent) and dating of non-JWs! Good luck. It took me YEARS to get out of the JW mindset - even when I disassociated, I still compared all religious thought/belief to them.

yea its tough but hes not a strong jw he's not baptised thank the lord!lol

BruceDLimber

Why are Jehovah Witness buildings ALWAYS built without windows?

It may be quite innocent, but it always seems strange--almost like they're hiding something.

An explanation would be welcome.

Bruce

texan1

Thanks for the opportunity to ask a question! And forgive me if I am repeating.

I was curious as to why JWs not believe in accepting blood? My mother works in the medical industry and it has come up on one or two occasions where a child needed blood or a blood transfusion in order to save their lives, but the parents were against it because they were JW. Medical personnel had to go through some legal battles. This seems strange to me. Do JWs really believe this? Or is this a misconception? Perhaps these parents were "extremists" so to speak?

deelo505

Thanks for the opportunity to ask a question! And forgive me if I am repeating.

I was curious as to why JWs not believe in accepting blood? My mother works in the medical industry and it has come up on one or two occasions where a child needed blood or a blood transfusion in order to save their lives, but the parents were against it because they were JW. Medical personnel had to go through some legal battles. This seems strange to me. Do JWs really believe this? Or is this a misconception? Perhaps these parents were "extremists" so to speak?

its true basically. im not a j.w. but my fiance is and he says basically the frown on it and its a personal choice. but if someone does gets one they risk being disfellowshipped(have to leave organization and such) but they also incourage not to associate with disfellowshipped persons so basically a j.w. wdoesnt have much of a choice in that situation because if they do it they risk loosing everything.