• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask a lesbian

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think it's performative because of societal perceptions of specifically homosexual men (it seems more acceptable for women in current society for some reason)
I think they're exaggerating what they feel about it for show. I just always found those statements bizarre and over the top. "I don't find this attractive" is one thing, but "it makes me want to puke!" is another!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If that were true guys wouldn't be more attracted to certain shapes of women.

I don't think gay is natural but I don't get grossed out by the lesbian thing. But guys with guys, gag!
Lol. It is what it is.
It's gross to me too.
Yeah, I'm a knuckle walker.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Well they all do tend to be crazy, so we have to find one who is our brand of crazy which can be difficult.

All? As in all billions of them worldwide? Certainly sounds totally incorrect to me.

But hey, if my female friends, who mean the world to me and are like my second family, all "tend to be crazy," then I really wish more people were "crazy" like that. The world would certainly be a better place!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Metalocalypse, Futurama, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Archer, Gargoyles, Rainbow Bright, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pirates of Dark Water, Animaniacs
I love Metalocalypse! Even not listening to metal as much as I used to, it's still a funny show and reminder that the metal is still infused into my very soul, lol.
Futurama is also really good.
Gargoyles not only do I love I think I enjoy it more as an adult being more able to get everything.
But seriously girl you need to watch Venture Brothers. It really is a very funny show that satirizes boy adventures (Johnny Quest is in it, and he is a grown up maladjusted mess of a victim of the lifestyle) and the action genre, it is great television, many great characters you will never forget, lots of pop culture spoofs from the 60s to early 00s, and it glorifies David Bowie.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I love Metalocalypse! Even not listening to metal as much as I used to, it's still a funny show and reminder that the metal is still infused into my very soul, lol.
Futurama is also really good.
Gargoyles not only do I love I think I enjoy it more as an adult being more able to get everything.
But seriously girl you need to watch Venture Brothers. It really is a very funny show that satirizes boy adventures (Johnny Quest is in it, and he is a grown up maladjusted mess of a victim of the lifestyle) and the action genre, it is great television, many great characters you will never forget, lots of pop culture spoofs from the 60s to early 00s, and it glorifies David Bowie.

Maybe I will then!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
And I don't understand why everyone isn't bisexual (I think the true rate of it is much higher than stated, however). :shrug:

Heh...made me chuckle.
But of course you do. You're not sexually attracted to everyone. Me either...there is just a bit more commonality in my group.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Well, I meant the really liking kind of liking.
Not the best buddy kind.
I know we are ugly and all, but most women don't seem to think so.

The problem is that some of nicest, most intelligent, and most attractive women I have ever met have been lesbian. But that is a non starter sex wise.
I am sure the same problem arises for them.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If that were true guys wouldn't be more attracted to certain shapes of women.
I think you need to do some research as to what males find attractive in females. Not all like large breasts for example - possibly as much as a quarter don't. So it's just not true that there is one definitive example of what 'males' find attractive (in the physical sense), and even any majority view has probably changed over history.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Because guys bodies are gross?

If you ask me...attraction has nothing to do with visual stimulation.
Because even blind people can be either homosexual or heterosexual.
It is a matter of olfaction and taste.

I as a heterosexual woman, obviously I find all women the same, aesthethically.
But I am turned off by the smell of women...if I think of women's saliva...well...yuck:p:confused:

Whereas I do feel aroused by men's taste and smell.

So...it is a matter of olfaction and taste...which are the sex senses.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I’ve definitely fallen for women that were frustratingly straight.

I have met one possibly two women who did not know that they were lesbian.
They were not in the least interested in men sexually. But we're very touchy feely with some women but never took it further. One was clearly attracted to a girl friend of mine who found the situation slightly embarrassing.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I have met one possibly two women who did not know that they were lesbian.
They were not in the least interested in men sexually. But we're very touchy feely with some women but never took it further. One was clearly attracted to a girl friend of mine who found the situation slightly embarrassing.

Awh. That's kind of cute.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If you ask me...attraction has nothing to do with visual stimulation.
Because even blind people can be either homosexual or heterosexual.
It is a matter of olfaction and taste.

I as a heterosexual woman, obviously I find all women the same, aesthethically.
But I am turned off by the smell of women...if I think of women's saliva...well...yuck:p:confused:.......

That Is probably true of a lot of people and animals. You only have to see the reaction of males when the females come into season, it is all about smell.

However I always knew when late wife was ovulating, she smelled quite different almost irresistible. She even remarked on it. On both occasions i knew when she was pregnant before she did.

PureX

Veteran Member
I did watch the show, but the only character's name I remember is Shane; if I remember right, she was more of a tomboy with the dark hair. I did like her, but I recall being more physically attracted to others (it was more about Shane's personality kinda?); I just don't remember the details of the show. I think, if I remember things right, there was a deaf character I started identifying with after my accident that rendered me aphonic (and her girlfriend was a JERK, boooooo), so that made her really attractive to me. That had to have been 2005-2006 that I watched that because I remember it was fresh after.

I guess I just don't remember too much about it. I also have some memory problems from the accident too, so, that could be a thing.
They are doing a "reboot" of the series, now, called "The L Word Generation Q". Some of the old characters are back, with some newer younger characters. The deaf actress was Marlee Matlin. I don't know if she will be returning this time, or not.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
All? As in all billions of them worldwide? Certainly sounds totally incorrect to me.

But hey, if my female friends, who mean the world to me and are like my second family, all "tend to be crazy," then I really wish more people were "crazy" like that. The world would certainly be a better place!
Crazy isn't always a bad thing.