• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you searching?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I'm more or less on a quest for truth. I just want cold hard facts that have as little bias or underlying motive as possible.

In order to acheive these desired results, I must take a stance of objectivity.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Not really. I usually find it to be quite liberating. There are times though when being on the fence is incredibly frustrating.
I just realized this is in the atheist section, not the agnostic section. My bad guys. :eek:

Aasimar

Atheist
In the theism you have many people who follow a certain religion and "know" that's the truth. You have a lot of theists who are in between some religions and "know" that's the truth. And you have lots of people who are searching for a belief or just don't know if what they are following is right. the searchers.

For atheists this should be possible as well. My question to you, are you a searching atheist? searching for what you should believe?
Or are you an atheist that "knows" that whatever (s)he believes is right?

I'm always searching. But for the most part every time I run into a really interesting question that initially makes me consider another point of view, I start doing research and always find it to be bogus in some respect. So I don't "Know" that I'm right, but believe my position to be far more logical then that of most people.

kai

ragamuffin
In the theism you have many people who follow a certain religion and "know" that's the truth. You have a lot of theists who are in between some religions and "know" that's the truth. And you have lots of people who are searching for a belief or just don't know if what they are following is right. the searchers.

For atheists this should be possible as well. My question to you, are you a searching atheist? searching for what you should believe?
Or are you an atheist that "knows" that whatever (s)he believes is right?

i am willing to accept a god , i just haven't found one , the more i look at religions and their scripture the more i come to the conclusion that its nonsense. still looking for something that people keep telling me is there, but no show as yet.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I'm fairly confident in my beliefs but always trying to learn new things and searching for a deeper spirituality.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Search - is to do - and that is by using the mind.
The whole thing is that unless you have lost something then what are you searching?
What IS, is already there. It is already there but one does not SEE it.
He goes about a circuitous route by using the same mind which when just dropped is just there.
At a point it appears to be searching but once realised it is growing.
Space is always there, but one only sees the things occupying it, which are the THOUGHTS.
Just remove those thoughts and space is already there.
You may call it god or any name, lable. That is it.
Love & rgds

Thales of Ga.

Skeptic Griggsy
I search theism and find obfuscation.
I call what there is Existence. The natural cosmological argument shows that nature is always: no god need apply. The natural ontological argument shows that Existence is the greatetss and necessary being: no god need apply. And the dysteological argument shows that natural selection is its own boss: no god need apply. Please see the ignostic-Ockham thread to see that no god need apply.
As Existence is all, no god can be transcendent to it and would have to be immanent and thus contingent like Thor.