• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Ready?

Jethro Tull

Fisher of men
This excerpt begins a section about physical death. This section is the most intense thing I have ever read, and it really puts you face to face with your impending death. It is time to face death, to realize that it is coming soon. A little fear can help motivate us to learn the truth. The section helps you realize that seeking the truth about life and death is the most important thing you can do. "Take heed of the living one while you are alive, lest you die and seek to see him and be unable to do so." - Jesus

You cannot overcome physical death. Prepare for your impending death:

-----
The saddest thing is someone dying without ever living.

Lie and die:People live their lives, living a lie, and then they die in a lie. I was watching a talk show about people that know they are going to die soon and how that they are dealing with it. Everyone on the show was acting like they had come to terms with it. They said they have come to an understanding with their death and are now ok with it. They are facing death with courage and a positive attitude. It is not true.

You cannot bring anyone on a talk show to talk about death if they are going to be honest about it, because it will not be good entertainment. A talk show’s job is to make people feel better, not necessarily to tell the truth.

It is interesting that “lie” and “die” are so close to the same thing.

The people on the show are doing the best they can do, because no one knows the truth, but it is not honest. No one is okay with their impending death. The truth is, it is life’s ultimate nightmare, even if you know the truth and the life.

Your death is your ultimate nightmare, period. That is the truth.

It is the worst thing that happens in life, no matter how you look at it. Life contains some bad things, and death is the worst of them all. It is the way it is.

People get scared when they watch a scary movie of someone getting killed or dying; try to imagine how scared you will be when it is really happening to you.

Anyone that says they are ok with death is lying. No one can be okay with it, but that does not make people feel good, so no one can be honest about it.

The problem is that it tells people it is ok to be dishonest even, when you are about to die, which it is not. Just before you die is the time to be the most honest. Otherwise, you send the wrong message to the people you care about.

The reason it is the saddest thing to see someone dying without learning the truth is because it is now unnecessary; the truth can be known, and people know it subconsciously. It is right there, but they just cannot connect with it.

If you do not know the truth, the worst thing to do is deceive yourself and others, because it removes any chance of you learning the truth.

Even when you know the truth, there is not much to feel good about. You can feel good that you are one of the first people on earth to die knowing the truth, and you can look forward to being reborn in a better place, but that is about it.

If you are in great pain and have a hopeless, degenerative, terminal disease, you may welcome death, but that only means that your disease is worse than death. It does not make death okay; death still sucks on many levels.

Death Sucks: Your death forces you to have to leave everything you have ever known. You are leaving everyone you love, and that is never okay.

Even if you think it is good, it makes your loved ones sad when you die, and there is nothing ok about that. No matter how you look at it, it is bad. Therefore, anyone that says they are ok with it has not really thought about it, is stupid, or is lying to themselves and everyone else. Death sucks, and that is the bottom line.

If you learn the truth and the life, you can die knowing you did the best that was possible for a human being. Having learned the truth and the life, you will be reborn in a new world where death will never be as bad as it is in this realm. It is a lot better than dying in ignorance or a living lie. You will know that death is necessary and what is going to happen next, but death will always be tragic in many ways, and it is never ok.
-----

From page 293 of the free book, The Present (with religion), at http://www.thetruthcontest.com

linwood

The saddest thing is someone dying without ever living.

Lie and die:People live their lives, living a lie, and then they die in a lie. I was watching a talk show about people that know they are going to die soon and how that they are dealing with it. Everyone on the show was acting like they had come to terms with it. They said they have come to an understanding with their death and are now ok with it. They are facing death with courage and a positive attitude. It is not true.

I`d like to know how you know this.
You simply can`t have such knowledge

I myself while quite afraid of the dying part have no fear of being dead.

Death does not scare me.
It`s simply not scary, it`s nothing.

It is interesting that “lie” and “die” are so close to the same thing.

With a philosophical causal argument like this I don`t know why I bother to continue.

Your death is your ultimate nightmare, period. That is the truth.

Not true, the worse thing that can happen in my life is not my death but the deaths of those I value more than myself.

Anyone that says they are ok with death is lying. No one can be okay with it, but that does not make people feel good, so no one can be honest about it.

Again, information you can`t possibly have.

If you do not know the truth, the worst thing to do is deceive yourself and others, because it removes any chance of you learning the truth.
Very true and it appears this is exactly what you are doing.

Death Sucks:

Yes, death sucks.

true1

actually everything we do is motivated by fear of death. Fear is the power that moves all of evolution forward. Fear is the reason you are interested in understanding or pursuing knowledge of anything. We feel we must understand our world in order not to fear it. People (or an ego) would not exist if they did not have something to have an opinion of or believe in. It is true that fear impairs logic, but it only impairs logic when you try to escape from it or suppress it. Thats when you start imagining your own scenarios for how the world works instead of directly facing fear. If you stand with fear and do not hide from it you ultimately understand it. You come in contact with truth, you stop lying to yourself. we are always ignoring the truth and distracting ourselves from it, to the point we are not even aware we are doing it. Thanks Jethro, for your comments. People need to wake up and come to the light.

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

I guess my stance is somewhat different to the 'I'm right and you're wrong and your lieing about your feelings nahananana' approach.

You can't realistically say that somebody is lieing for feeling or believing something different to you. If you believed you would be free of all negativity and pain and be with God (If that's something you feel is a benefit...) then of course you're not going to be scared of death - You're going to look forward to dieing. Few people really WANT to die, but your beliefs about death certainly affect your view on the matter.

Personally? I also believe that death is the worst thing that can happen to you. I would sooner exist in an environment that is similar to Dante's Inferno than die. Why? Because my views on what happen after death are, as Storm puts it 'Not as nice'. On a basic level I agree with the premise that we die and that is it. And personally, if I think about it, I would rather experience any amount of pain than die, because at least I would be experiencing something.

GhK.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
A little fear can help motivate us to learn the truth.
"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings about total obliteration."
From the motion picture Dune.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Imagine if you were being burned to death. If death were to be anthropormorphised as that skelletal creature with the cloak and scythe, you'd probably give him a hug of gratitude if he came to put you out of your suffering.

Death is nothing to be feared, it's the end of suffering.

It's sad when people we love die. But they're not the ones suffering, we are.