• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you on Stephen Harper's list of "enemies"?

Alceste

Vagabond
To sum up the latest Canadian scandal, the Prime Minister's office has been caught circulating a list of "enemies". The purpose of the list is to bring the shiny new MPs from his latest cabinet shuffle up to date on exactly how hostile and retarded they are expected to be toward Canadians in general and "liberal" Canadians in particular. (That's about 60% of us). Are you on the list? Take this easy quiz to find out!

Are you a scientist, or are you fond of science?
Are you an environmentalist?
Are you or have you ever been a member of the media?
Are you one of their own appointees tasked with government accountability?
Are you a judge?
Are you European, American or Chinese?
Are you a provincial premier, a senator, or a conservative back-bencher?

If you answered YES to any of the above, you may be on Stephen Harper's list of "enemies". Feel free to call your elected representative, just don't expect a call back.

You will be shocked(!) to see who is on Stephen Harper

freethinker44

Isn't having a Canadian for an enemy kind of like being hunted by a gerbil?

Yeah, if you're lucky it will be a gerbil.

6a00d8341bfadb53ef0133f55636cf970b-500wi

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I appear to be the anti christ. Do I get a badge?

It's heartening to see that d1cks are worldwide. Broadens one's perspective.

Alceste

Vagabond
I can imagine a typical call to a Canadian Minister...

"Can I make an appointment with Jason Kenney?"

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a scientist, a member of a union, a public servant, an environmentalist, a teacher, a Conservative backbencher, a member of a political party other than the conservatives, or employed in the media, or have you consorted with any of the above?"

"Errr... I had a subscription to Omni for little wh..."

"CLICK!"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What does being an American of European decent with a fondness for Chinese food get me?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'd be on his list, because I told my MP where to go about his so-called round table discussions.

Alceste

Vagabond
You've been had folks. Thanks for the laugh, Alceste.

OK, ok, here is a non-satirical version of the story.

PMO asked staff to supply 'enemy' lists to new ministers - Canada - CBC News

The person also said staff were given examples of stakeholders that could go on the "enemies list" and they included environmental groups, non-profit organizations, and civic and industry associations with views different than the government's.

Transition books and briefing notes for new ministers would normally include names of key people on issues, but dividing them into "friend and enemy" categories isn't common.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
ENEMY! ENEMY! BAD CANADIAN!

* puts Vinayaka on ignore like a good little Harpocrat *

I have never felt so strongly. :) But at least I can sort of hide by putting on my I'm from Alberta' mask. You guys out there in hippy duppy yuppy lotus treehugger land - there ain't no hiding. Too bad.

Alceste

Vagabond
I have never felt so strongly. :) But at least I can sort of hide by putting on my I'm from Alberta' mask. You guys out there in hippy duppy yuppy lotus treehugger land - there ain't no hiding. Too bad.

Oh, we can hide. Trees. Everywhere. Nothing here but logging roads, and they're all blowed up so we can't be followed. :beach: