• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you equipped with a weapon?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I have multiple weapons in my house: various swords, knives, axes, traditional Karate weapons, crossbows, bows, spears, a taser, pepper gel and a rifle.

Mostly I just like historical weapons, practice archery, and I train in Karate and enjoy learning weapon katas. (I have a 1st place trophy for Odo no Nunchucku kata).

Where appropriate, I carry a knife (for utility purposes as well) and pepper gel.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It's not so bad to be honest. Ask my German friend. He was shocked that we weren't involved in shooting all the time.

Firenze

Premium Member
My father was in the 82nd Airborne that marched to and garrisoned Berlin. I asked him why he didn’t keep a gun in the house. His answer was that if someone broke in to steal our TV, you don’t kill someone for that.

Now that Ozzie and Harriet are dead and I am old and live in a world of petty anger and easy rage - SD40, Ruger 380, Mossberg shottie.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Killing the person with the knife is probably Plan D in that situation, but sure.

Still, the problem of someone trying to stab me has literally never come up.

If it ever does, it's not the time to come up with a plan. Too late.

Where I live, home invaders tend to target houses that keep a lot of illegal drugs. They also tend not to be worried about killing anyone to eliminate witnesses, since a drug dealer is unlikely to go to the police to complain about his drug stash being stolen.

Personally, I avoid the problem by not keeping illegal drugs.

Don't they care about homes that might have prescription drugs, or money, or firearms, or electronics that can be sold, or tools that can be pawned, or maybe even a wife or daughter who can be sexually abused, or at least an ATM card or credit card that could be used to access the homeowner's money, or personal information that can be used to steal someone's ID?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
@Wu Wei is actually planning a move to Canuckistan.
It seems that he's already sampled the food.
on a more serious note.... bear warnings or not.... camping in grizzly bear country with bear spray and no gun... that's just nuts

1710469989878.png

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
One advantage of not living in a society awash with weapons is that one is less likely to have this issue - although here in the UK knives tend to be as much an issue and less controllable:

The father of a Michigan school gunman who killed four students has been convicted of manslaughter. The trial heard that James Crumbley, 47, had ignored his 15-year-old son's mental health needs, buying him the handgun he used in the November 2021 attack. The jury deliberated for just over a day before coming to the verdict. Jennifer Crumbley, his wife, is due to be sentenced next month after being convicted on the same charges. James Crumbley was in court on Thursday evening for the verdict and appeared to show little reaction as it was read out. The case against the Crumbleys marks the first time parents have been charged with manslaughter over their child's role in a shooting in the US. Their son, Ethan, killed fellow students Tate Myre, 16; Hana St Juliana, 14; Madisyn Baldwin, 17, and Justin Shilling, 17. Seven people were also injured in the shooting. He is serving a sentence of life in prison without parole.