• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there questions God doesn't want you to ask?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Very true, if we do not do well, troubles will come. Our attachment to our desires is our major problem. We should rule over our attachments

sin will grab hold of your wife (Poor wife. I make a mistake and sin will grab hold of my wife)
I guess you meant this figuratively. Some say that wife stands for desires. So if I follow my desire, sin will grab hold of my desire (get me into trouble)
I'm not understanding the reference to "your wife".

But we should never let our attachments supersede our dedication to God. :) Great point..

Kenny

Premium Member
Isaiah 45:7
IMV, you are interpreting it literally but not in the culture in what it was written in. Jewish Paul understood that.

Think of it this way... when there is no speed limit, there is no sin. If you place a speed limit of 65 and established a rule of love, by your act you have created the parameters of what evil is... 66+. So you could say "I have decreed where light is and therefor you now know what I have decreed as what darkness is. You now know where life is at that I created and by default you now know the parameters of death. By the making of the law, they are determined and created.

But you didn't directly create it... the person who violated created it. You just created the parameters. The person who violates the law actually created the manifestation of what is evil.

Jesus' half brother understood it when he said "God tempts no one with evil"... why? There is no evil in Him.

ppp

Things came into being, I think, because certain laws couldn't forever go unexpressed. If there is nothing, it seems that this is the potential state where there might be something, and so something comes

As in like.. there has always been x amount of asteroids, or this amount of methane etc? Well all of it was always potentially there, but material doesn't just come from material. It goes back to ideas or laws.

No. I was referring to your post where you seemed to be saying that at one point there was nothing, and then "because certain laws couldn't forever go unexpressed" there was something. So my question is, why did there ever have to be nothing? Even "prior" the the existence of this universe,

If I misunderstood what you were saying, I apologize.

amorphous_constellation

No. I was referring to your post where you seemed to be saying that at one point there was nothing, and then "because certain laws couldn't forever go unexpressed" there was something. So my question is, why did there ever have to be nothing? Even "prior" the the existence of this universe,

If I misunderstood what you were saying, I apologize.

I mean obviously, these are complicated queries. I think maybe it's because I think of everything we see as being an expression, and expressions aren't static in form, they seem to require a beginning.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If males as humans own the procreation of the species, and act in a superior human experience, which is historic as compared to a female. Yet design and invent all themes as a human and named it science, being the history and memory reason for the superior feeling in a human life, and your ideal is a God and say it is a male by inference of he, him and his, then you are proven correct.

There are lots of questions that historic occultism sciences never wanted revealed and they even said so. It is mysterious they said. And that claim was in the Revelation life study of the male Jesus, human stigmata, attacked in phenomena of the scientific occult victimization.

Instead of claiming, I am wrong, you own commentary to the contrary, God cannot be wrong he says, discussing self, male. Yet God in his book says I hate you all and you can all get destroyed. That is human mentality, using the forces that they created in science to say, and I will achieve it.

If a male says I am alive, I am consciousness and conscious and alive is due to light existence. Without it I would eventually die, as all food would die also. He lives in a half side day light, and half side night and clear sky. So he owns 2 living conscious ideals, one in space, clear body and one in light, where he described the presence of light as a movement and as a circulation of gases, spirit.

Which he conceptualised was the Creator spirit as a movement, said by his own male self O a circle/circulation owned no beginning and it owned no end. The Creator concept as pondered by the storyteller. If he said a God instantly created everything, then the Bible would be a book that owned just that one sentence, and not a detailed descriptive analogy.

Being male, human and the scientist purporting a thesis. So do you God, who sits on his throne, claiming ownership belief of being One self owner of everyone telling everyone what to do not realise that ideal is self?

Kenny

Premium Member
from Isaiah : "and create darkness..." "and create calamity"

From Job : "all he hath is in thy power"

Job said many thing that he later repented of... what Job said isn't what God said.

none the less... we go by the revelations given by Jesus and what He taught," 1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

I let scripture interpret scriptures:

Romans 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 7: 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

So...the law creates evil but not that it makes evil but rather creates the parameters for you to know what is evil.

ppp

I mean obviously, these are complicated queries. I think maybe it's because I think of everything we see as being an expression, and expressions aren't static in form, they seem to require a beginning.

I am not sure what you mean when you say "expressions". Are you saying that everything necessarily is an expression of something prior?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You can't be saying satan wasn't created by God, can you? Can you???
He wasn’t created an “Opposer” (which is what “Satan” means).... he was created a beautiful angel, who used his free will to rebel against God. As Jesus said at John 8:44, the devil “didn’t stand fast in the Truth.” IOW...he was in it, but didn’t stay in it.

Example: is a child, born a thief? No...but (even if he has loving parents) that child could begin wanting things that aren’t his, steal them, and turn into a thief.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Justice can not be achieved when the criminal neither remembers his crimes nor understands why he is being punished.
That is a valid point

From my spiritual POV, I am not the body nor the mind, and I do know on soul level why things happen

stvdv

Of course the context isn't I AM but simply I am (small letters) :)
I like that, the small letters and big letters difference:)

And it was not to point out a mistake in what you wrote, because I knew what you meant
It was more a thought I had, how connected we are with even English language; can't be coincidence IMO
I think "God" even had quite some influence in the English language. Same in Dutch language by the way; many coincidence there too:)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Ask anything...only be respectful, and sincere.

It’s really not about the kinds of questions, it’s about the attitude in asking them.

stvdv

There seems to be various reasons:
  • Cain brought an offering "the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord". It is interesting that it doesn't say "the first fruit" but rather just fruit. In the Law of Moses, "first fruit" belongs to God. It gives the understanding that it was basically lip service vs heart faith. Almost saying, "God, I can do things my way".
  • Abel brought "the firstling" of his sheep. Later, in the law, "That thou shalt set apart unto the Lord all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the Lord's.'Of course, Adam and Eve were clothed with animal skin and blood was shed in covenant. My understanding is that Abel understood and respected God's redemption.
  • The heart of Cain was expressed in the offering by the fact that hatred (not God's love) was working in his heart and manifested in the murdering of his own brother and lying by telling God "Am I my brothers keeper?" when he knew that he had killed his brother. Interestingly enough Satan is knows as the "murderer from the beginning" and "the father of lies".
Cain could have just traded grain for a lamb and offered it with a right heart basing the offering on the blood covenant established between God with Adam and Eve. Well... anyway, that's my take.
Thank you for sharing.

The first point makes sense to me. And is a good reminder for myself, as it is not easy at all to really "feel the God connection"
I did not even know that "matrix" was mentioned in the Bible; so the movie had some Bible influence in it
"The males shall be the Lord's" is dubious IMO. I think many misused it to abuse women
The redemption part makes a lot of sense to me too

The last point is what happened after. He got angry with God, for not being approved, while his brother was. I thought of it, but dismissed it as it happened after the fact. But very true, it means that the anger was already in his heart. If there was only Love for God then he would accept God's Praise and God's Blame both the same. I know that God only loves me. Even if He would pretend to be angry with me, it is just to teach me a lesson; for my own good. It's His Grace in disguise:)

So, thanks again for "giving your take on this". Now this is more clear and makes more sense.

Piculet

He wasn’t created an “Opposer” (which is what “Satan” means).... he was created a beautiful angel, who used his free will to rebel against God. As Jesus said at John 8:44, the devil “didn’t stand fast in the Truth.” IOW...he was in it, but didn’t stay in it.

Example: is a child, born a thief? No...but (even if he has loving parents) that child could begin wanting things that aren’t his, steal them, and turn into a thief.
God knew what would happen. He created them with the ability to do evil, knowing exactly when, how and why they would do evil.

If angels have a free will, how are they different from humans?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"Why can't a gay couple raise children?"
Children need a mother figure in their life.
By the way how can two men or two women get children in the normal way? Two of same gender are not meant to get children ( nature law)

That is where many people see a problem.

Piculet

Children need a mother figure in their life.
By the way how can two men or two women get children in the normal way? Two of same gender are not meant to get children ( nature law)

That is where many people see a problem.
Yes, but from a religious pov, imo, such questions are useless because we can only attempt to reason while we can never really understand God's wisdom.

Homosexual couples in the west sometimes have the option of adopting, I think.

For instance, some Muslims who want to make excuses to non-Muslims about Islam, try to explain how pork cannot be eaten "because the meat is like this.. and there's bacteria.. and these diseases.." All of which is true in itself, but the real reason we don't eat pork is that God forbade us to do so.

We can reason why homosexuality is harmful, but the number one reason we stay away from such a way of life, is that God told us to.

We can reason how music is harmful, but the reason we don't listen to it, is that God forbade us from making it or listening to it.

Etc.