• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are There Any Religious Ascetics On These Forums?

Elihoenai

@Elihoenai
Why are you using replies to preach when you know I am an atheist?
Quotes from the Bible have no authority for me.

And this is bordering upon hate speech
Christians know that the Devil/Satan is a Real B eing and that's why they Control those nations practising Inferior Dharmic Religions. Elohim/God has given Christians Dominion and Power over all Non-Christian Nations through Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

It seems to me that you are only here to propagate your own extremism.

You would gain much by reading some of the Dharmic writings. would recommend that you start with the Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh scripture,

@Jedster
You are a Fanatical Extremist Heathen Atheist being on a Religious Forum for people that Believe in Elohim/God. And you are taking further liberties with an ignorant attempt to stifle Freedom of Speech among Serious Religious Practitioners.

You are Dismissive and Disrespectful about the Holy Scriptures/Bible and Christian Accomplishments. You are demonstrating Hate for Christians and appear to be a Elohim/God Hater.

Your statement about bordering on Hate Speech is Stupid and Ignorant. Evidently you are out of your depth. Every Serious Religious Practitioner across all Religions Fanatically asserts that their Religion is the Superior, the True and the Best. If a Muslim or an Ethnic Jew was not doing so it means they are not serious about their Religion. Ask any Christian, Muslim or Ethnic Jew about this.

Duh! Certainly, I'm here to Propagate my own brand of Non-Violent Fanatical Ultra Extremist Christianity, because I have Absolute Certainty that it's the Only True Religion in Totally Devoted Service to Elohim/God.

You can learn something from every Religion, although there is only One True Religion.

Jedster

@Elihoenai
You are a Fanatical Extremist Heathen Atheist being on a Religious Forum for people that Believe in Elohim/God.

Actually, that's not true. Many members here are not believers in any god. Also, I never even thought of myself as an atheist until I saw that my own god-concept is not theistic, thanks to reading discussions here on RF.

And you are taking further liberties with an ignorant attempt to stifle Freedom of Speech among Serious Religious Practitioners.

Seriously?

You are Dismissive and Disrespectful about the Holy Scriptures/Bible and Christian Accomplishments. You are demonstrating Hate for Christians and appear to be a Elohim/God Hater.

I said that I don't hold scriptures as authoritative, just as you hold non-Christian scriptures as authoritative(or do you?). I think all scriptures are great works of literature.

Your statement about bordering on Hate Speech is Stupid and Ignorant. Evidently you are out of your depth.

This is what you said is what I consider bordering on hate speech
Christians know that the Devil/Satan is a Real B eing and that's why they Control those nations practising Inferior Dharmic Religions. Elohim/God has given Christians Dominion and Power over all Non-Christian Nations through Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

Every Serious Religious Practitioner across all Religions Fanatically asserts that their Religion is the Superior, the True and the Best. If a Muslim or an Ethnic Jew was not doing so it means they are not serious about their Religion. Ask any Christian, Muslim or Ethnic Jew about this.

Most religious people in the religions you mention obviously believe theirs if the truth although religious Jews do not believe that everyone has to become Jewish.(do non-ethnic Jews count too?)
I am unsure about Christianity, but am fairly sure that some sects have no conflict with non-believers(in Jesus).
Certainly Bahais don't.

Duh! Certainly, I'm here to Propagate my own brand of Non-Violent Fanatical Ultra Extremist Christianity, because I have Absolute Certainty that it's the Only True Religion in Totally Devoted Service to Elohim/God.

Yes, I did notice that.:)

You can learn something from every Religion, although there is only One True Religion.

Been there, done that. Certitude is great feeling.

Enjoy your life's journey. :)

Elihoenai

@Elihoenai
You are a Fanatical Extremist Heathen Atheist being on a Religious Forum for people that Believe in Elohim/God.

Actually, that's not true. Many members here are not believers in any god. Also, I never even thought of myself as an atheist until I saw that my own god-concept is not theistic, thanks to reading discussions here on RF.

And you are taking further liberties with an ignorant attempt to stifle Freedom of Speech among Serious Religious Practitioners.

Seriously?

I said that I don't hold scriptures as authoritative, just as you hold non-Christian scriptures as authoritative(or do you?). I think all scriptures are great works of literature.

Your statement about bordering on Hate Speech is Stupid and Ignorant. Evidently you are out of your depth.

This is what you said is what I consider bordering on hate speech

Every Serious Religious Practitioner across all Religions Fanatically asserts that their Religion is the Superior, the True and the Best. If a Muslim or an Ethnic Jew was not doing so it means they are not serious about their Religion. Ask any Christian, Muslim or Ethnic Jew about this.

Most religious people in the religions you mention obviously believe theirs if the truth although religious Jews do not believe that everyone has to become Jewish.(do non-ethnic Jews count too?)
I am unsure about Christianity, but am fairly sure that some sects have no conflict with non-believers(in Jesus).
Certainly Bahais don't.

Yes, I did notice that.:)

Been there, done that. Certitude is great feeling.

Enjoy your life's journey. :)

1) Stating Facts is not Hate Speech. The Christians Nations have demonstrated Superiority and Dominion over Nations practising other Inferior Religions. The Roman Empire, British Empire and United States Empire are Christian Empires. I speak of the Earthly Christian Church.

2) @Jedster, You haven't been there and don't that properly otherwise you wouldn't be an Atheist. You don't know about the One True Religion that I speak of. Apparently I'm viewed as a Heretic by the Universal Roman Catholic Church and am an outcast from mainstream Christianity.

3) Scriptures are Authoritative given that it teaches the Truth. There is only One Elohim/God manifesting himself in different ways to different people. All Religions were made by Elohim/God. Elohim/God has given Christians the most Powerful and Superior Religion as evidenced on the ground.

4) The Ethnic Jews practising Judaism believe that their Religion is the Superior, the True and the Best, otherwise they wouldn't continue to practice it. You can ask them for yourself on these forums.

5) What have you learnt on Religious Forums that made you conclude that you are actually an Atheist?

Last edited:

Jedster

1) Stating Facts is not Hate Speech. The Christians Nations have demonstrated Superiority and Dominion over Nations practising other Inferior Religions. The Roman Empire, British Empire and United States Empire are Christian Empires. I speak of the Earthly Christian Church.

2) @Jedster, You haven't been there and don't that properly otherwise you wouldn't be an Atheist.
Where is there and would you rewrite the sentence? I think you left out some words.

You don't know about the One True Religion that I speak of.
True.

Apparently I'm viewed as a Heretic by the Universal Roman Catholic Church and am an outcast from mainstream Christianity.

I suppose that means you don't have the same beliefs as them. I am unsure why you are telling me this.

3) Scriptures are Authoritative given that it teaches the Truth.
I understand that this your belief. I have no such belief.

There is only One Elohim/God manifesting himself in different ways to different people. All Religions were made by Elohim/God.
Again, I understand that this your belief. I have no such belief.

Elohim/God has given Christians the most Powerful and Superior Religion as evidenced on the ground.
So you say. It is meaningless to me as I have already said.

4) What have you learnt on Religious Forums that made you conclude that you are actually and Atheist?

I already told you. Read my earlier posts.
This is becoming circumlocutional, so I am exiting this thread.

Dayanu

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" Galatians 6:17 "
It is not from Jesus, therefore, it is not a reliable source of guidance for those who follow Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, in the ethical, moral and or spiritual matters, I understand. Right?
page-5
Moses never gave any such teaching to become ascetics as a messenger/prophet of G-d and he didn't receive any direct Converse in this regard, one gets to know, please. Right?
And (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah was mandated to follow Moses, please, he also didn't receive any such direct Converse from G-d, I understand, please. Right?
If yes, then kindly quote from the direct Converse of God that took place between (Jesus) Yeshua and G-d, please. Right?
Else, Yeshua is not to be accused of giving teachings to live as ascetics, please. Right?

Regards
_________
thread page-7

Elihoenai

@Jedster the Heathen Atheist, mixed up mine and his writings confusing the readers: https://www.religiousforums.com/thr...cs-on-these-forums.258645/reply?quote=7783142

I don't know whether this member knows how to separate mine and his writings with quotes or he is just practising Heathenry.

@Jedster has demonstrated Closed Minded Heathen Atheism having the inability to learn from the Holy Scriptures/Bible and Christians. If you are going to be a Committed Heathen Atheist than you must have the traits that this member is demonstrating.

I Am a Closed Minded Non-Violent Fanatical Ultra Extremist Christian Knowing that Elohim/God Exists.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Moses never gave any such teaching to become ascetics as a messenger/prophet of G-d and he didn't receive any direct Converse in this regard, one gets to know, please. Right?
And (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah was mandated to follow Moses, please, he also didn't receive any such direct Converse from G-d, I understand, please. Right?
If yes, then kindly quote from the direct Converse of God that took place between (Jesus) Yeshua and G-d, please. Right?
Else, Yeshua is not to be accused of giving teachings to live as ascetics, please. Right?

Regards
_________
thread page-7

Deuteronomy 9:18

18 And I fell down before the Lord, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

Moses practiced Asceticism with the forty days and forty night Fast.

Asceticism demonstrates Totally Devoted Service to Elohim/God and is the only way to Return to Elohim/God. This is what Yeshua and Moses teaches. The is the teaching of the Holy Scriptures/Bible. The Earthly Christian Church takes a different view to maintain Flesh/Sin. The Earthly Christian Church is the True Church Ordained by Elohim/God.

Are there any Religious Ascetics on these forums? If yes, how do you practice Religious Asceticism? To what end do you practice Religious Ascetism? Is the intent to draw near to Elohim/God?
By definition i consider myself one, but for the sake of humbleness and privacy. I will not disclose the details.

Elihoenai

By definition i consider myself one, but for the sake of humbleness and privacy. I will not disclose the details.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

With your Religion being Spiritual Christian by definition this means Asceticism.

In Christendom the 2.2 Billion Christians Delude themselves by naming Spirit on what is Actually Flesh. Naming a Cat a Dog or a Dog a Cat doesn't make it True. These Earthly Christians are Not Led by the Spirit and from a Spiritual Perspective are Not and have never been Saved.

You post what Elohim/God tells you allowed to post, as certain Doctrines must be kept Private. I only post on these forums what Elohim/God told me I can post. I have only posted Exoteric knowledge on the this Public forum keeping Esoteric Knowledge Private.

Christian Gnostic is the Same as Spiritual Christian. There is a Devil's/Satan's War and Conspiracy Against Spiritual Christian/Christian Gnostic that has been ongoing for thousands of years.

Gnosticism

"Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems which coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects.[1] These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions...."

"...Gnostic writings flourished among certain Christian groups in the Mediterranean world around the second century, when the Fathers of the early Church denounced them as heresy.[4] Efforts to destroy these texts proved largely successful, resulting in the survival of very little writing by Gnostic theologians...."

Gnosticism - Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Asceticism doesn't have to include bodily mortification and injury, like the above examples you posted.

It's typically a much simpler process, of absconding from worldly attachments.
Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing
Thanks

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing
Thanks

And what do these verses mean to you, how do they relate to asceticism?

Elihoenai

Thanks
Matthew 10:39

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

These Holy Scriptures teaches that Real Christianity is All About Self-Denial/Asceticism. The Asceticism/Self-Denial is to Recover from what Adam Lost.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Deuteronomy 9:18

18 And I fell down before the Lord, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

Moses practiced Asceticism with the forty days and forty night Fast.

Asceticism demonstrates Totally Devoted Service to Elohim/God and is the only way to Return to Elohim/God. This is what Yeshua and Moses teaches. The is the teaching of the Holy Scriptures/Bible. The Earthly Christian Church takes a different view to maintain Flesh/Sin. The Earthly Christian Church is the True Church Ordained by Elohim/God.
"Deuteronomy 9:18"

Sorry, the above verse/s are neither from the Mouth of G-d nor from the mouth of Moses, please, right?

Regards

Last edited:

Elihoenai

paarsurrey said:

"Deuteronomy 9:18"

Sorry, the above verse/s are neither from the Mouth of G-d nor from the mouth of Moses, please, right?

Regards
Yeshua/Jesus, Moses, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Ascetics. You can see from the Holy Scriptures/Bible clearly that the Giants of the Christian Faith Yeshua/Jesus, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Celibate.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Therefore, the more Extreme of an Ascetic you are makes you the True Ascetic. Another thing to consider is the persons purpose for practising Ascetism. There are Satanist Ascetics that practice in devotion to Devil/Satan.
As an ascetic, this thread initially piqued my curiosity.

Upon reading this drivel, this curiosity was squashed.

Arguing such an asinine notion as this would be a complete waste of my time.

Elihoenai

As an ascetic, this thread initially piqued my curiosity.

Upon reading this drivel, this curiosity was squashed.

Arguing such an asinine notion as this would be a complete waste of my time.
It could be that you are ignorant.

Is Friedrich Nietzsche a Satanist or a Good Man of Elohim/God? Friedrich Nietzsche said: "God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him...."

Nietzsche: Asceticism

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It could be that you are ignorant.
Could it? Ignorant of what, specifically? Or were you just intending to attack my character in general?

Is Friedrich Nietzsche a Satanist or a Good Man of Elohim/God? Friedrich Nietzsche said: "God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him...."
Since I don't recognize Satan nor Elohim as a part of my paradigm, the question is meaningless to me.

You would do well to educate yourself on the context of what you wrote (and not from a YouTube video): God is dead - Wikipedia.

Elihoenai

Could it? Ignorant of what, specifically? Or were you just intending to attack my character in general?
Ignorant of Elohim/God and Devil/Satan.

Since I don't recognize Satan nor Elohim as a part of my paradigm, the question is meaningless to me.

You would do well to educate yourself on the context of what you wrote (and not from a YouTube video): God is dead - Wikipedia.
Therefore you are an Hindu Atheist. That would explain why the question is meaningless to you. What Asceticism do you practice?

You can learn from content on Youtube and Wikipedia. All platforms are learning resources.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Ignorant of Elohim/God and Devil/Satan.
Having been raised Catholic, I'm far from ignorant of them. I simply have no practical use for them.

Therefore you are an Hindu Atheist. That would explain why the question is meaningless to you.
I'm a Hindu, but I'm not an atheist, though I can understand why one may label me as such.

What Asceticism do you practice?
Renunciation, abstinence, and solitude.

Elihoenai

Having been raised Catholic, I'm far from ignorant of them. I simply have no practical use for them.
Roman Catholicism is Earthly Christianity that Elohim/God Ordained for his Earthly Kingdom.

I'm a Hindu, but I'm not an atheist, though I can understand why one may label me as such.
Therefore, you are a different Hindu from @Aupmanyav than.

Renunciation, abstinence, and solitude.
Romans 8:13

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

They reject these things in Christendom because it's Earthly Christianity. In Earthly Christianity the Flesh is Cherished and Maintained. Are you Mortifying the Flesh by Renunciation, Abstinence and Solitude?