• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently, The Land Down Under Doesn't Exist...

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The other way you can tell so called "New Zealanders" are poorly constructed bots is to simply ask them. They'll instantly deny being bots, which is, of course, what any simple bot impersonating a real human WOULD do, thus exposing themselves as second rate fakes. QED.

Kangaroo Feathers

The referenced article ignores the large number of cases where privately owned animals have been released accidentally or intentionally when the owners find they can no longer care for the animals and they choose not to call the proper authorities or dispatch it themselves. for example,

Emus roaming the area of Shawnee National Forest
Hahaha. Google "the Emu War". Those things will take over your country and there's nothing you can do about it! Once the emus are holding the territory, under international law it officially becomes part of Australia. Invasive emus is how we're gunna conquer the world :D

Kangaroo Feathers

Been, its definitely there and its no joke. Wonderful place, well the places ive been. Never been stuck in the outback, don't suppose that us wonderful. Or funnel web spiders either for that matter?
Of course Australia is wonderful. New Zealand is the joke you can't actually visit. The Hobbits and elves and dragons really should have made it obvious that it's imaginary.

Well... to be fair, New Zealand isn't a "joke"... people like and enjoy jokes

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Hahaha. Google "the Emu War". Those things will take over your country and there's nothing you can do about it! Once the emus are holding the territory, under international law it officially becomes part of Australia. Invasive emus is how we're gunna conquer the world :D
Pretty tough talk from a country that is only a hoax!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
this fact-checking site investigates the internet claims that Australia is all one big hoax...

I wasn't sure if this should go here in discussion of science and technology, or under jokes/games/etc...

I'm pretty well convinced that the place is real...how about you?

Australia: World's biggest hoax?

I mean, I've been to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.... Sooooo, I'm pretty sure the place exists. But who knows *shrug*.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
You know, when I clicked the link I thought it would be some kind of joke article like the onion. I don't want to be a member of this species anymore. :facepalm:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I have more evidence that Jesus rose from the dead than Australia exists.
At least, more people around me claim that Jesus rose from the Dead and they have evidence, than claim that Australia exists and produce evidence.

Maybe agumentum ad popu something is a logical fallacy? I don't know much Latin.
Tom

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Obviously Australia is a myth. The proof is in that nonsensical animal, the kangaroo. That thing is about as logical as a pretzel loop snake.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
this fact-checking site investigates the internet claims that Australia is all one big hoax...

I wasn't sure if this should go here in discussion of science and technology, or under jokes/games/etc...

I've been saying for many years that Australiastan doesn't exist.
- The animals claimed to inhabit it are fanciful inventions.
- The claimed location is in the middle of nowhere...how convenient.
- The accent is just a parody of lower class Brits.
- No one would really eat Vegemite.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Seriously!
Who would believe that a billed mammal laying eggs actually exists?

Religionists, who believe whatever they're told to believe, that's who.
Tom
Sure, sure, Australiastan exists in literature.
For example....
But being a country on The Simpsons doesn't make it real.

Besides....could a country really be filled with such stupid people?
Accepting a call from the International Drainage Commission....criminy.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Seriously!
Who would believe that a billed mammal laying eggs actually exists?

Religionists, who believe whatever they're told to believe, that's who.
Tom
giphy.gif

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Of course it doesn't exist.
It's hoax!

And all them silly animals they photo-shop ........ you'd have to be bonkers to believe in any of it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No brit of any class would say cobber or fair dinkum.

To a brit the Ozzie accent sounds like upper class american ;-)
This is further evidence that Australiastan is an invention.

But you're wrong about accents.
This is upper class Americanian speech....

Btw, at about 40 sec, they refer to that
fake country, the "little island", Australiastan.

Last edited: