• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently, The Land Down Under Doesn't Exist...

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
this fact-checking site investigates the internet claims that Australia is all one big hoax...

I wasn't sure if this should go here in discussion of science and technology, or under jokes/games/etc...

I'm pretty well convinced that the place is real...how about you?

Australia: World's biggest hoax?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, this confirms my suspicions all along. They call it the "Land Down Under," but they never say down under what?

Actually, the landmass known as "Australia" actually does exist. It's the Australians that don't actually exist. They're merely holographic recreations.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Makes sense to me:D

Seriously, I did predict a Flat Earth belief before I clicked on the link. Flatties cannot explain how people in South America, southern Africa, and Australia would all point due south when looking at the Southern Cross. On a Flat Earth they would be all pointing in greatly different directions. The first step to get rid of the problem? Get rid of one of the continents.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Of course it exists! We've all seen those guys in leidenhausen drunk dancing during Octoberfest. What more proof do you need?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
this fact-checking site investigates the internet claims that Australia is all one big hoax...

I wasn't sure if this should go here in discussion of science and technology, or under jokes/games/etc...

Australia exists, New Zealand, however, was started as a viral marketing campaign for Lord Of The Rings, that got out of hand an became self sustaining. Anyone you speak to who claims to be from New Zealand is actually a Weta Workshop CGI/AI bot.

This is easily proven by their inability to make simple human sounds when pronouncing words with an "i" sound. Their inability to use sheep correctly is another clue.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Australia exists, New Zealand, however, was started as a viral marketing campaign for Lord Of The Rings, that got out of hand an became self sustaining. Anyone you speak to who claims to be from New Zealand is actually a Weta Workshop CGI/AI bot.

This is easily proven by their inability to make simple human sounds when pronouncing words with an "i" sound. Their inability to use sheep correctly is another clue.
That is about the best explanation ever for the existence of Ray Comfort that I have ever seen.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

This is an eye-opener for sure! Someone MUST have a huge budget to keep this hoax going, because I've made seven trips "down under" and every time, I went from winter to summer over night. That's GOT to be an expensive trick to pull off!

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
This is an eye-opener for sure! Someone MUST have a huge budget to keep this hoax going, because I've made seven trips "down under" and every time, I went from winter to summer over night. That's GOT to be an expensive trick to pull off!
That'll teach you to underestimate the lizard people.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Been there so... :shrug:
Not to mention the unique wildlife. Where did they import all of the kangaroos from?

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
That'll teach you to underestimate the lizard people.
the Lizard People...they're the ones on the UFOs, aren't they? And just where are they from? Maybe the Bottom Side of the Flat Earth???? That's it! The Reptilians don't want us to know about the REAL Down Under because THAT'S WHERE THEY'RE FROM!!! So they've invented the hoax of Australia to keep us from knowing the evil truth!

Ha! Take that, round earthers!

Hmmm. The longer this thread goes on, the more I think I should have posted it in the Jokes/Games forum...

Maybe if a Mod could notice and move it????

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I'm looking forward to meeting hobbits when Weta brings them to San Francisco.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Been, its definitely there and its no joke. Wonderful place, well the places ive been. Never been stuck in the outback, don't suppose that us wonderful. Or funnel web spiders either for that matter?