• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AOL/HuffPo: How Muslims Created Islamophobia

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I noticed the tag "manufactured journalism". Anyone want to give me an idea what manufactured journalism is, as I was under the impression (as a published journalist) that all journalism is manufactured. Is it suppose to be interchangeable with yellow journalism?
Coming from the HuffPo, Dustin, who knows...

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
You gotta love the huffpost. They write about "the west" and all they mean is Canada and the USA.

Those two countries usually have it very good when it comes to muslim immigrants since you just cant immigrate there that easily. So by default these two countries get better educated immigrants from such countries.

In Europe its completely different.
Actually a large percentage of American Muslims aren't immigrants.

A quarter of the Muslim population are African American. Most of the rest were born here. Of those that are immigrants a significant portion came as refugees.

It's interesting to me how much of the Islam thing is just people once again freaking out about the evils of immigrants. Europe (in general) seems to always have had problematic views on immigrants.

wa:do

Lady B

noob
I think Muslims even in the US and Canada would be offended by this man speaking for them and attributing Hiram indulgences to the majority. I live in a town neighboring the largest Islam population in the US,(Dearborn), and see many rules of dress and abstaining still in great practice,perhaps not to the extent of practice in say Saudi Arabia, but practiced nevertheless. To paint western Muslims with a broad brush and say they are just laying back having a beer,dressing provocatively and eating hot dogs has to be offensive To the multitude of observing Muslims.

Pastadamus

I think that "Islamophobia" is largely made up by Muslims themselves. The only reason we hear so much about it is that the Arab lobby here in America exercises a great amount of control over the media so are able to insert these kinds of stories where there really aren't any.

Actually, Pat Condell (whom I greatly admire for his humor and candor) has an absolutely smashing video on the topic:

[youtube]HR9LVf_KMO0[/youtube]
The myth of Islamophobia - YouTube

Dingbat

I think that "Islamophobia" is largely made up by Muslims themselves. The only reason we hear so much about it is that the Arab lobby here in America exercises a great amount of control over the media so are able to insert these kinds of stories where there really aren't any.

Actually, Pat Condell (whom I greatly admire for his humor and candor) has an absolutely smashing video on the topic:

[youtube]HR9LVf_KMO0[/youtube]
The myth of Islamophobia - YouTube

So do Arabs or Jews control the media? Why can't you people make up your minds.

Pastadamus

So do Arabs or Jews control the media? Why can't you people make up your minds.

I never said the Jewish people control the media. However the ties between corporate media, big business and multi-billion dollar Arab oil interests are actually very hard to deny (a Saudi prince for instance is part owner of Fox News and Arab supremacist organizations like CAIR regularly try to prevent information from getting to the public). Which is why Israel is always demonized in mass media.

For the record let me state that the myth that "the Jews control the media" is nothing more than an anti-semitic canard straight from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Anyone who makes such claims cannot be taken seriously.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I never said the Jewish people control the media. However the ties between corporate media, big business and multi-billion dollar Arab oil interests are actually very hard to deny (a Saudi prince for instance is part owner of Fox News and Arab supremacist organizations like CAIR regularly try to prevent information from getting to the public). Which is why Israel is always demonized in mass media.

For the record let me state that the myth that "the Jews control the media" is nothing more than an anti-semitic canard straight from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Anyone who makes such claims cannot be taken seriously.
Honestly... your statements sound just about as delusionaly paranoid as the Protocols do.

wa:do