• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any questions?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This is such a great idea, Jay! I've wanted to know more about you for a while now. :)

For starters...

• Have you ever been to any country in the Middle-Eastern region? If yes, then how was it like? And if no, then which country/countries in said region would you like to visit?

• From your previous posts, I think it's safe to assume that you know Hebrew. How fluent would you say that you are in it?

• What is your favorite Middle-Eastern food (if any)?

That's all for now, though more questions will likely come later.

Last edited:

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I can't recall when this started, but I found your defense of Muslims increase over a period of time. Can you speak to this?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
This may be a little personal, but I would be interested to know what your profession is or what it was.

Also, how did you become as well read as you are? I ask because you seem quite familiar with a variety of Christian writings, as well as the NT. So I am just curious how that all came to be.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
This may be a little personal, but I would be interested to know what your profession is or what it was.

Also, how did you become as well read as you are? I ask because you seem quite familiar with a variety of Christian writings, as well as the NT. So I am just curious how that all came to be.

Project Manager. I know that one. :)......Hope you don't mind Jay. :eek:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I'd like to know your favourite book and I'm also curious to know what you like to do for fun (apart from posting here of course)

What makes you laugh? What are some of your favorite comedies?

What is one thing you have changed your mind about (or perhaps just shifted your perspective)?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What's your aversion to answering questions?
It much depends on the nature of the question, or - to be fare - on my perception of its intent.

There exists a class of questions which I view as disingenuous bait.
Why does your god want you to stone adulterers?
Why would your god want you to mutilate a baby?​
They tend to be demagogic reruns of flame-bait posed by people who have zero interested in an honest discussion.

There is another class of question which is little more than rhetorical ad hominem.
Why do Christians hate homosexuals?
Why do Muslims support terrorism?​

And then there are questions that strike me as lazy and unserious.

And, no doubt, sometimes my dismissal is simply arrogance and impatience.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that there are many who have taken as much time and effort to reference relevant scholarship and commentary over the years.

Probably not the answer you were looking for ...

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Sorry Jay, I was simply making a joke that you hadn't answered anyone's questions in this thread so far. However, I do fully understand, agree with, and often echo your serious answer to my dimly humorous question.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Would you tell me more about your work in interfaith dialog?