• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anti christ questions (seriously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfLogic

divine said:
nah, that's for vampires and werevolves.

werewolf? there wolf! ...

antichrist needs stronger stuff, methinks. a giant buddha statue on the head, perhaps? those things are heavy.

How about nine inch nails? Not the band, the once you use a hammer on....

ProfLogic

FFH said:
The Catholic church believes the 112th Pope will be the last.

102) Leo XIII (1878-1903) - Lumen in caelo
103) St. Pius X (1903-1914) - Ignis ardent
104) Benedict XV (1914-1922) - Religio depopulata
105) Pius XI (1922-1939) - Fides intrepida
106) Pius XII (1939-1958) - Pastor angelicus
107) John XXIII (1958-1963) - Pastor et Nauta
108) Paul VI (1963-1978) - Flos florum
109) John Paul I (1978) - De medietate Lunae
110) John Paul II (1978-2005) - De labore Solis
111) Pope Ratzinger (Benedict XVI) - Gloria Olivae
112) ??????????????????????? - Peter The Roman

Will this last Pope be the final antichrist ?

Are you saying all the previous popes were anti christ?

Defij

kai said:
I have had some fun with a couple of posts in the last day or so about the apocalypse and He's Here!!!! but then i thought well if people believe in god and jesus they must believe in the anti christ.
am i correct in thinking this?
do you believe enough to act if the signs are there?
i believe the concept of the anti christ comes from revelation is this correct only it doesnt make much sense to me or are there other sources.

Well no, a belief in Jesus and/or God doesn't mean a belief in some "anti-Christ" figure. I am a Christian and personally believe the whole "anti-Christ" ,rapture, end of the world shenanigans to be nothing but an incorrect hermeneutical view of a very few select passages of the Bible.

SunMessenger

Catholic
Halcyon said:
Personally i agree with the Preterists that Emperor Nero was the Antichrist, and that Revelation was written as an allegorical commentary on the times in which it was written.

http://www.preteristarchive.com/StudyArchive/n/nero_emperor-beast.html

I defer to the ones from the past to supply this answer...

"You will hear of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be famines and earthquakes from place to place. All these things are the beginnings of the labor pains."

Matthew 24: 6-7

Others Centuries Ago Have Said The Following...
"The chastisement will come when carriages go without horses and many accidents fill the world with woe. It will come when thoughts are flying around the earth in the twinkling of an eye, when long tunnels are made for horseless machines, when men can fly in the air and ride under the sea, when ships are wholly made of metal, when fire and water great marvels do, when even the poor can read books, and when many taxes are levied for war."
Mother Shipton - Sixteenth Century

There are many many more but I will close with a quote from this recent one ...

"We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel."

Karol Cardinal Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II)

There is much here to provoke thought... Be Well and God Bless...

gnostic

The Lost One
FFH said:
There are many antichrists and it's hard to tell who the final antichrist will be, at this point in Biblical prophecy, but we have many sources in which to draw from, to point us in the right direction.
There are more than one anti-christ?

FFH

Veteran Member
Another title of the pope is: VICARIUS GENERALIS DEI IN TERRIS.

Take the Roman numerals from this title and add them up.

VICARIUS
V ---------- 5
I ----------- 1
C ------- 100
I ----------- 1
U ---------- 5

GENERALIS
L --------- 50
I ------------1

DEI
D -------- 500
I -------------1

IN
I -------------1

TERRIS
I -------------1

FFH

Veteran Member
gnostic said:
There are more than one anti-christ?
Yes, there have been many antichrists throughout history, there are many antichrists now, and there will be a final antichrist.

There are also those who have the "spirit of antichrist".

1 John 4: 3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

SunMessenger

Catholic
FFH said:
Another title of the pope is: VICARIUS GENERALIS DEI IN TERRIS.

Take the Roman numerals from this title and add them up.

VICARIUS
V ---------- 5
I ----------- 1
C ------- 100
I ----------- 1
U ---------- 5

GENERALIS
L --------- 50
I ------------1

DEI
D -------- 500
I -------------1

IN
I -------------1

TERRIS
I -------------1

You know this is beginning to sound like the publicity stunts that were used on records years ago. You know the ones where you play the record backwards and it has another message. Do You believe this is the mark spoken of in the Bible ? It does not sound like it to me. If you turn them upside down they could be nines... Be Well and God Bless...:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

FFH

Veteran Member
Sun said:
Do You believe this is the mark spoken of in the bible ?
No, that's a seperate issue.

Revelation 13: 17

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.​

The Key - The English Alphabet Numeric Letter Values

A=06 B=12 C=18 D=24 E=30 F=36 G=42 H=48 I=54 J=60 K=66 L=72 M=78 N=84 O=90 P=96 Q=102 R=108 S=114 T=120 U=126 V=132 W =138 X=144 Y=150 Z=156

Mondex chip
M = 78
o = 90
n = 84
d = 24
e = 30
x = 144

c = 18
h = 48
i = 54
p = 96
Total = 666

Are you ready to "Get Chipped"?
idchip456.jpg

Story: Computer chips get under skin of US enthusiasts (Reuters; Jan. 5, 2006)

[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times] [/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]mark: charagma; from Greek charax[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]meaning to stake down into or "stick into"[/FONT]​

[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]
mrk_mondex.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]Mondex (PPS 411 kb) - Mon = money; dex = hand: money implanted in your hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]They won't admit it now, but the name says it all.[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]See: mondex.com (owned by Master Card.)[/FONT]​

Mon - Short for money
dex - Short for right hand

Dexter - Latin word for right side
Dexterity - skilled, especially with the hands

FFH

Veteran Member

A=06 B=12 C=18 D=24 E=30 F=36 G=42 H=48 I=54 J=60 K=66 L=72 M=78 N=84 O=90 P=96 Q=102 R=108 S=114 T=120 U=126 V=132 W =138 X=144 Y=150 Z=156

Mark of Beast=666 | Bio-Implant=666 | Sorceries=666 | Necromancy=666 | Confucius=666
Witchcraft=666
Horrors=666 | Treacheries=666 | Slaughter=666 | Corrupt=666 | False Market=666 Monetary=666 | Stubborn=666 | Unruly=666 Insanity=666 | Illusion=666
Book of the Dead=666
Son of Sin=666 | Geneticist=666 | Vaccination=666
Quarrels=666 | Lustful=666 | Falling Away=666 | Obliterated=666
Dishonored=666 | Outlaws=666 | Harshness=666 | Brutally=666
Illiterate=666 | Santa Claus=666

Lustiger
L = 72
u = 126
s = 114
t = 120
i = 54
g = 42
e = 30
r = 108
Total = 666

Jean-Marie Lustiger
[SIZE=+2]
lustiger.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]He started life as Aron Lustiger. Now he is Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]prince of the Catholic Church.[/SIZE]​

Cardinal Lustiger's parents moved to France from Poland in the early 1900's. Later, young Aron had to be left with a Catholic family in order to protect him from the Nazis, while his parents were both dragged to Auschwitz. Only his father, who had served in the military, survived, his mother was burned in the ovens of Auschwitz.​

During the war, Aron converted to Catholicism, at the age of fifteen, and took the name Jean-Marie.​

logician

Since Christ never existed, the idea of an anti-christ is absurd.

All these ideas were invented to instill fear in people to make them believers.

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

As a Baha'i, I definitely believe in Christ!

But as to the antichrist, if you actually read the Bible, it turns out there are four--and ONLY four--references to the antichrist, all in the epistles of John.

And it turns out from what John says that the antichrist:

1) was a former Christian, and

2) was alive at the time of John.

So this really isn't a significant issue for today and today's religion, and like it or not, a lot of the talk about this subject boils down to (uninformed) hot air.

Peace,

Bruce

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Slaughter=666
Hmm, how many people did God slaughter in the OT, somewhere in the region of 3,000,000 - guess God is the anti-christ.

Stubborn=666
So stubborness is an aspect of anti-christ? Are you not stubborn concerning your beliefs FFH?

Insanity=666
So you're saying that people with mental disorders are anti-christs? That's not a very Christian thing to imply.

Book of the Dead=666
How many books do you know of with the original english title of Book of the Dead?

Geneticist=666
So, people working on gene theorpy to help alleviate the suffering of others are anti-christs? Hmmmm, this anti-christ fella is looking more and more my type of guy.

Vaccination=666
Yes, because we'd all be better off if smallpox had been allowed to run rampant.:rolleyes:

Obliterated=666
I seem to remember Sodom and Gomorrah were obliterated, by God. That's twice God has come up as a suspect for the anti-christ in your list. ;)

Harshness=666
Because you've never said a harsh word to anyone, right?

Illiterate=666
Please tell me this one is a joke?

Santa Claus=666
Luckily Santa Claus doesn't exist FFH, i think we're safe on this one. :rolleyes:

SunMessenger

Catholic
FFH said:

Mark of Beast=666 | Bio-Implant=666 | Sorceries=666 | Necromancy=666 | Confucius=666
Witchcraft=666
Horrors=666 | Treacheries=666 | Slaughter=666 | Corrupt=666 | False Market=666 Monetary=666 | Stubborn=666 | Unruly=666 Insanity=666 | Illusion=666
Book of the Dead=666
Son of Sin=666 | Geneticist=666 | Vaccination=666
Quarrels=666 | Lustful=666 | Falling Away=666 | Obliterated=666
Dishonored=666 | Outlaws=666 | Harshness=666 | Brutally=666
Illiterate=666 | Santa Claus=666

Lustiger
L = 72
u = 126
s = 114
t = 120
i = 54
g = 42
e = 30
r = 108
Total = 666

Jean-Marie Lustiger

[SIZE=+2]He started life as Aron Lustiger. Now he is Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]prince of the Catholic Church.[/SIZE]​

Cardinal Lustiger's parents moved to France from Poland in the early 1900's. Later, young Aron had to be left with a Catholic family in order to protect him from the Nazis, while his parents were both dragged to Auschwitz. Only his father, who had served in the military, survived, his mother was burned in the ovens of Auschwitz.​

During the war, Aron converted to Catholicism, at the age of fifteen, and took the name Jean-Marie.​

I must say I have always been fascinated by numbers and the role they play in our lives. I will not completely discount what you are saying but I must warn people not to jump to these conclusions only on the basis of numeric calculation. I tend to agree with you on the implants. I have been watching this development for some time. I would like to agree on the numeric value indicators but I can not completely. When Santa Claus comes up on that list I have a problem. I did not check your figures so I will trust your math . I do not mean in any way to discount your theory or teachings and I respect your opinion and understand your intent to warn. It is good but it must be tempered. I used some letters you provided in your post combined with your Numeric Key. This is my finding. I assure you there is no disrespect intended...

F =36
F =36
H =48
U =126
T =120
A =6
H =48
U =126
S =114
A =6
+-----------------------
= 666

FFH (Your Screen Name) added with Utah, USA (Your Location) also sums to these dreadful numbers. I am only pointing this out as an example. This shows my meaning as to why we should not rush to any judgment based only on numerical values. I wish you well always and God Bless ....

Defij

SunMessenger said:
F =36
F =36
H =48
U =126
T =120
A =6
H =48
U =126
S =114
A =6
+-----------------------
= 666

FFH (Your Screen Name) added with Utah, USA (Your Location) also sums to these dreadful numbers. ....

He's here among us!!! RUN!! :run:

joeboonda

Just a few passages concerning the anti-christ, not all of them by any means:

2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(King James Bible, 2 Thessalonians)
7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
(King James Bible, Daniel)
8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
(King James Bible, 1 John)
1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
(King James Bible, 2 John)

Status
Not open for further replies.