• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Trans attempts attack on schools

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I certainly agree the reduction in access of guns will lead to fewer gun deaths. I don’t see that as the root problem. I see murderous intent, suicidal ideation and behavior, and carelessness as the cause of the vast majority of homicide, suicide (to include those where a gun was involved) deaths, and accidental injury and/or death by gun.

I do not see the prevalence of guns alone as a root cause. I think this is where we disagree. I don’t think supporting the type of change I do is contrary to any goal that aims to reduce the gun injuries and deaths. I also don’t think we need to jump to constrict rights when there is plenty of other way to better achieve the same results. I understand that some may think that pursuing other policies, which aim at what I see as the root issues, would be insufficient and I accept their advocacy towards the end of reducing gun accessibility; I simply disagree with them on that facet.
Fair enough. Perhaps other measures will work, and granted I haven't studied all those who use guns in any way to harm others, but I suspect that the demographic (being so diverse) is not such so as targeting them meaningfully in any serious way wouldn't impact society in a more negative manner too.