• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Animals, spirit world in Baha'i

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How do you know animals have no such capacity? I know animals are capable of reflecting God's light. Animals are much more like us than we think. Animals is also God's creations. God love animals. Of course can animals travel trough the world's of God

Animals do reflect the Attributes of God in the state they are created. You are correct.

They do not have the power to know and Love God, to work outside the laws of nature, which the animal spirit is bound to. As human we can rise above our animal spirit.

Abdul'baha explains this topic in the 5 levels of spirit.

It is also explained how the highest attribute of the vegetable and animal spirit is sacrafice to a higher level.

Thus I see a pet that shows Love and Loyalty to an owner has reached it highest attribute and finds the ultimate purpose. As such I see it lives on in that purpose.

Regards Tony

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Animals do reflect the Attributes of God in the state they are created. You are correct.

They do not have the power to know and Love God, to work outside the laws of nature, which the animal spirit is bound to. As human we can rise above our animal spirit.

Abdul'baha explains this topic in the 5 levels of spirit.

It is also explained how the highest attribute of the vegetable and animal spirit is sacrafice to a higher level.

Thus I see a pet that shows Love and Loyalty to an owner has reached it highest attribute and finds the ultimate purpose. As such I see it lives on in that purpose.

Regards Tony
What does bahá'u lláh say about animals?

Starlight

There are a lot of different beliefs concerning life after death for humans and animals. The truth is that there is no life after death taught in either Jewish or Christian scripture. The ancient Jews believed in a future physical resurrection when the Messiah brought his Kingdom rule to this earth.....but that got mangled as influences from outside Judaism infiltrated Jewish thinking. Sheol was originally just the grave, (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) but men in later times turned it into some kind of sinister underworld of the dead.

Solomon wrote...."for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust." (Ecclesiastes 3:19-20)

Understanding the difference between "soul" and "spirit" in the original languages of the Bible, allows us to have a clearer picture.

All living breathing creatures are called "souls" in the Bible, both man and animal. This word never refers to a disembodied spirit. It is the creature itself whilst it lives and breathes.

The word "spirit" refers to the breath than animates all breathing creatures, as well as "spirit" beings (angels) and the "spirit" in humans and animals that gives them personality traits....and God's holy spirit. It is a word with many meanings, but all refer to that which is invisible to human sight and which gives evidence of force in motion. Such invisible force is capable of producing visible effects.

When you understand that the notion of an invisible conscious part of man that separates from the body at death was never taught by God or Christ in any part of scripture, you then understand that this notion has no place in our beliefs. The soul is us. Adam was not "given" a soul but "became" one when God started him breathing.
The spirit is what animates us, and when we breathe our last breath, the soul dies. (Ezekiel 18:4 Psalm 146:4)

Animals and man have the same destination....both return to the dust. Man however is promised a resurrection (a restoration of life here on earth where God put us in the first place) but animals are given no such promise.

Sentimentality is not a substitute for the truth.....and the truth is, God never designed animals to live forever....but he did purpose for humans to keep living so as to be constant caretakers of his earth, given his qualities and attributes, so as to fulfill that assignment as God willed.

God love animals also. Animals is also God's child. I believe you are wrong about what the bible say. Many christians do think the bible say animals also get a afterlife.

From a christian webside:

Child Wonders If Animals Go to Heaven - Focus on the Family

"But, from our point of view, animals might be there too! Romans 8:18-27 tells us that Christ came to earth to redeem all of creation, not just human beings. Did you know that some of the prophets in the Bible had visions of the peaceful kingdom of God, and their visions included different kinds of animals?

Isaiah 11:6, 7 gives us a beautiful description: “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat. The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.”
"

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How do you know animals have no such capacity?
Most Baha'is 'believe' they know because of what Abdu'l-Baha wrote, as if he was a scientist, and as if he was infallible. It is a Baha'i belief that only Manifestations of God are infallible but some Bahais elevate Abdu'l-Baha to a level of infallibility and they will find something the UHJ said in order to justify that. Some Baha'is are no different than some Christians who cherry pick scriptures to try to prove they are right. ;)

Starlight

Most Baha'is 'believe' they know because of what Abdu'l-Baha wrote, as if he was a scientist, and as if he was infallible. It is a Baha'i belief that only Manifestations of God are infallible but some Bahais elevate Abdu'l-Baha to a level of infallibility and they will find something the UHJ said in order to justify that. Some Baha'is are no different than some Christians who cherry pick scriptures to try to prove they are right. ;)
I agree with you. What Bahá'u lláh wrote is more important and correct than what Abdu'l-Baha wrote. I'm not Baha'i but since Baha'u llah is a manifestation of God according to Baha'i faith then of course what he writed is most correct

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I agree with you. What Bahá'u lláh wrote is more important and correct than what Abdu'l-Baha wrote. I'm not Baha'i but since Baha'u llah is a manifestation of God according to Baha'i faith then of course what he writed is most correct
That is how I see it but not all Baha'is see it that way. Some, probably most, Baha'is believe that what Abdu'l-Baha said carries as much authority as what Baha'u'llah wrote. They will tell you that is because of the Covenant but they will be hard pressed to find anything in there where Baha'u'llah gave Abdu'l-Baha the authority to change or add to anything Baha'u'llah wrote. But that is what happened. I have my personal opinion as to why that happened but I won't share it here.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
God love animals also. Animals is also God's child. I believe you are wrong about what the bible say. Many christians do think the bible say animals also get a afterlife.

From a christian webside:

Child Wonders If Animals Go to Heaven - Focus on the Family

"But, from our point of view, animals might be there too! Romans 8:18-27 tells us that Christ came to earth to redeem all of creation, not just human beings. Did you know that some of the prophets in the Bible had visions of the peaceful kingdom of God, and their visions included different kinds of animals?

Yes. There are some wonderful indications of humans and animals enjoying God’s creation.....but they are not visions of heaven, they are foregleams of life on earth in the future.

I prefer to get my information from the scriptures rather than the countless confusing statements from erroneous interpretations that support the doctrine of an immortal soul that leaves the body to live somewhere else. That was never part of God's original purpose for humans. He put us here for a reason.

If it’s one thing that annoys me more than anything, it’s taking verses out of context to support an inaccurate assumption. One glaringly inaccurate assumption is that heaven is somehow our final destination...it never was....and it never will be.

In context, this is what Paul said....
Romans 8:18-25...
18 For I consider that the sufferings of the present time do not amount to anything in comparison with the glory that is going to be revealed in us. 19 For the creation is waiting with eager expectation for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but through the one who subjected it, on the basis of hope 21 that the creation itself will also be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God. 22 For we know that all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now. 23 Not only that, but we ourselves also who have the firstfruits, namely, the spirit, yes, we ourselves groan within ourselves while we are earnestly waiting for adoption as sons, the release from our bodies by ransom. 24 For we were saved in this hope; but hope that is seen is not hope, for when a man sees a thing, does he hope for it? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we keep eagerly waiting for it with endurance.”

There is so much in this passage, that many professed “Christians” misunderstand and lose its meaning. When Paul speaks of “waiting with eager expectation for the revealing of the sons of God“ most have no understanding of who it is that Paul is speaking about.

These “sons of God” are a specific group who have been chosen by God for rulership positions in God’s kingdom, (Revelation 20:6) who will rule from heaven over earthly subjects. (Revelation 21:2-4) These are the ones whom God "adopts as sons".

God never designed humans to go to heaven...he made us mortal beings of flesh to dwell on this planet in peaceful paradise conditions forever, providing all that was necessary for a wonderful life here, never to grow old, get sick, or die. Animals are very much a part of that enjoyment, as the scripture in Isaiah shows us.....
Isaiah 11:6, 7 gives us a beautiful description: “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat. The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.”

This is a description of life on earth, not heaven. These are called “restoration” prophesies. That is a restoration of all that we lost due to Adam’s disobedience. God never abandoned his first purpose because it was wonderful and with a detour to rectify an abuse of free will, it will be accomplished, just as God intended. (Isaiah 55:11)

We are designed to live in paradise, not heaven. The first paradise was right here on earth....and God generously provided all that humans and every other creature would need to enjoy a wonderful life here, but rebellion (an abuse of free will) caused God to take an important detour so that his children could experience the consequences of their disobedience and learn from them. All he has ever asked of his intelligent creation is obedience. We would never have had to live this life if our first parents had simply obeyed their Creator.

There is a much bigger picture than most people will allow themselves to see. This is why the truth is like buried treasure....it takes effort to bring it to the surface, but once you have it in broad daylight, it is much easier to see the value of your efforts.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes. There are some wonderful indications of humans and animals enjoying God’s creation.....but they are not visions of heaven, they are foregleams of life on earth in the future.

I prefer to get my information from the scriptures rather than the countless confusing statements from erroneous interpretations that support the doctrine of an immortal soul that leaves the body to live somewhere else. That was never part of God's original purpose for humans. He put us here for a reason.
Then show me some scriptures that say that we will be raised from the dead and live forever on earth.
If it’s one thing that annoys me more than anything, it’s taking verses out of context to support an inaccurate assumption. One glaringly inaccurate assumption is that heaven is somehow our final destination...it never was....and it never will be.
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

"and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” is referring to heaven, not earth, because Jesus was going to heaven to prepare a place in heaven, not on earth. Jesus was preparing a place in heaven so they could be with him in heaven.

What Paul wrote is right on the money. I picked the most pertinent verses from the chapter because that helps to see it clearer. Our dying bodies will be transformed into bodies that will never die. Our transformed bodies will be spiritual bodies. Paul says that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God and that means they cannot exist in heaven. When Paul says these dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever, he is referring to the spiritual world (heaven), which will last forever.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

There is so much in this passage, that many professed “Christians” misunderstand and lose its meaning. When Paul speaks of “waiting with eager expectation for the revealing of the sons of God“ most have no understanding of who it is that Paul is speaking about.

These “sons of God” are a specific group who have been chosen by God for rulership positions in God’s kingdom, (Revelation 20:6) who will rule from heaven over earthly subjects. (Revelation 21:2-4) These are the ones whom God "adopts as sons".
You are interpreting these verses to mean what you want to believe and that is called confirmation bias. I interpret these verses to mean something completely different and I am sure Christians interpret them differently than you do. You want to be chosen so you believe you are chosen, it is as simple as that.
God never designed humans to go to heaven...he made us mortal beings of flesh to dwell on this planet in peaceful paradise conditions forever, providing all that was necessary for a wonderful life here, never to grow old, get sick, or die.
I consider that a fantasy, a belief that came about from misinterpreting and misunderstanding key scriptures, but I have no expectation of talking you or other JWs out of your beliefs. There are so many problems with such a belief, how it could have never worked for God to design us to be immortal physical bodies living on earth forever, but there is no point listing those problems because you believe what you believe and you will continue to believe it till you die and cross over to the spiritual world (heaven). I cannot say what will happen after that but it seems to me you will be very confused when you have a spiritual body, and you will also be sorely disappointed when you realize there is nothing ‘physical’ in the spiritual world.

As Paul so carefully explained you will have a body upon resurrection but that body will not be physical; it will be spiritual, because it is designed to live forever in a spiritual world (heaven), not designed to live on this earth. This is all according to Paul, as I explained to Skywalker when I interpreted the verses 1 Corinthians 15:35-58. #515 Trailblazer
Animals are very much a part of that enjoyment, as the scripture in Isaiah shows us.....

This is a description of life on earth, not heaven. These are called “restoration” prophesies. That is a restoration of all that we lost due to Adam’ disobedience. God never abandoned his first purpose because it was wonderful and with a detour to rectify an abuse of free will, it will be accomplished, just as God intended. (Isaiah 55:11)
You have absolutely nothing to back up your beliefs that God’s original purpose for humans was for everyone to rise from the dead and live on earth forever and this belief is not supported by the Bible in its totality. It is solely based upon cherry picking scriptures and assumptions you have made about what they mean.

You are absolutely correct that this is a description of life on earth, not life in heaven, because it is about what life will be like on earth when the Kingdom of God is established on earth.

Isaiah 11:6-9 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Baha’is do not believe these verses are about animals, they are allegorical scriptures used to describe what will happen to humans. We know they are not about animals because Isaiah 11:9 says “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.” And animals cannot have knowledge of the Lord.

What these verses mean to a Baha’i is that In the future diverse religions and races will become comrades, friends and companions. The contentions of races, the differences of religions, and the barriers between nations will be completely removed, and all will attain perfect union and reconciliation. Everyone will believe in God and eventually, there will be only one religion.
We are designed to live in paradise, not heaven. The first paradise was right here on earth....and God generously provided all that humans and every other creature would need to enjoy a wonderful life here, but rebellion (an abuse of free will) caused God to take an important detour so that his children could experience the consequences of their disobedience and learn from them. All he has ever asked of his intelligent creation is obedience. We would never have had to live this life if our first parents had simply obeyed their Creator.
I believe that the Garden of Eden was only an allegory, and many liberal Christians agree with me. There was never any such place as the Garden of Eden, nor were there an Adam and Eve who disobeyed God. This just reminded me of what I read in an article about the bodily resurrection of Jesus.

In previous centuries, almost all Christians believed in miracles as described in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). These included creation, the story of Adam and Eve, a talking serpent, the great flood of Noah, the drying up of the Red/Reed sea, a prophet riding on a talking ***, the sun stopping in the sky, etc. From the Christian Scriptures (New Testament), they believed in the virgin birth, the Christmas star, angels appearing to the shepherds, Jesus healing the sick, etc. Many, perhaps most, liberal Christians now believe that these stories are not to be interpreted literally as real events. Their faith has not been damaged by losing faith in the reality of these events. A growing number of liberals are now taking the final step by interpreting the stories of Jesus' resurrection and his appearances to his followers and to Paul as other than real events. Retired bishop John Shelby Spong commented:

"I do admit that for Christians to enter this subject honestly is to invite great anxiety. It is to walk the razor's edge, to run the risk of cutting the final cord still binding many to the faith of their mothers and fathers. But the price for refusing to enter this consideration is for me even higher. The inability to question reveals that one has no confidence that one's belief system will survive such an inquiry. That is a tacit recognition that on unconscious levels, one's faith has already died. If one seeks to protect God from truth or new insights, then God has surely already died." 3
http://www.religioustolerance.org/resur_lt.htm
There is a much bigger picture than most people will allow themselves to see. This is why the truth is like buried treasure....it takes effort to bring it to the surface, but once you have it in broad daylight, it is much easier to see the value of your efforts.
All Christians believe that they have the Truth but the problem is that they do not agree on what that Truth is, yet all of them are reading the same Bible. Logically speaking, that means that some or all of the Christians are wrong. Maybe some Christians are right, but there is no reason to believe they are right just because they cite a bunch of verses and claim to know what they mean. All Christians make such claims and since they disagree they cannot all be right.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does bahá'u lláh say about animals?

In the Book of Laws Baha'u'llah says;

"Burden not an animal with more than it can bear. We, truly, have prohibited such treatment through a most binding interdiction in the Book. Be ye the embodiments of justice and fairness amidst all creation."

Bahá’u’lláh, Kitab-i-Aqdas, #187

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

These are some official Writings of Baha’u’llah regarding Abdul-Baha. Baha’u’llah addresses all people. Abdul-Baha is also called the ‘Branch’.

“Render thanks unto God, O people, for His appearance; for verily He is the most great Favor unto you, the most perfect bounty upon you; and through Him every mouldering bone is quickened. Whoso turneth towards Him hath turned towards God, and whoso turneth away from Him hath turned away from My beauty, hath repudiated My Proof, and transgressed against Me. He is the Trust of God amongst you, His charge within you, His manifestation unto you and His appearance among His favored servants... We have sent Him down in the form of a human temple. Blest and sanctified be God Who createth whatsoever He willeth through His inviolable, His infallible decree. They who deprive themselves of the shadow of the Branch, are lost in the wilderness of error, are consumed by the heat of worldly desires, and are of those who will assuredly perish.’ (Baha’u’llah)

“‘O Thou Who art the apple of Mine eye!’ Bahá'u'lláh, in His own handwriting, thus addresses ‘Abdu'l-Bahá, ‘My glory, the ocean of My loving-kindness, the sun of My bounty, the heaven of My mercy rest upon Thee. We pray God to illumine the world through Thy knowledge and wisdom, to ordain for Thee that which will gladden Thine heart and impart consolation to Thine eyes.’ ‘The glory of God rest upon Thee,’ He writes in another Tablet, ‘and upon whosoever serveth Thee and circleth around Thee. Woe, great woe, betide him that opposeth and injureth Thee. Well is it with him that sweareth fealty to Thee; the fire of hell torment him who is Thine enemy.’ ‘We have made Thee a shelter for all mankind,’ He, in yet another Tablet, affirms, ‘a shield unto all who are in heaven and on earth, a stronghold for whosoever hath believed in God, the Incomparable, the All- Knowing. God grant that through Thee He may protect them, may enrich and sustain them, that He may inspire Thee with that which shall be a wellspring of wealth unto all created things, an ocean of bounty unto all men, and the dayspring of mercy unto all peoples.

If Baha’u’llah, a Manifestation of God Himself prays that the world becomes illumined by Abdul-Baha’s knowledge and wisdom then I choose to be illumined by it.

In my opinion, there is no greater endorsement of anyone’s knowledge or wisdom than from a Manifestation of God.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you know animals have no such capacity? I know animals are capable of reflecting God's light. Animals are much more like us than we think. Animals is also God's creations. God love animals. Of course can animals travel trough the world's of God

I agree animals are capable of reflecting God’s light. It is a question of degrees. Of course there are many similarities between humans and animals but we are not the same. Everything is God’s Creation and God loves His Creation, the natural world, animals and humans too.

None of us knows for certain about the progress of the soul or spirit of humans in the next world. I respect your view that the spirit of both animals and humans continues beyond this world. The Baha’i writings supports a distinction between animals and humans. So while some Baha’is believe as you do, the Baha’i writings suggest the journey of the animal spirit ends with physical death.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Although the topic is about animals and the spirit world, the Bahá’í stance on animals is not mentioned. I think this is important to know for all animal lovers.

"It is not only their fellow human beings that the beloved of God must treat with mercy and compassion, rather must they show forth the utmost loving-kindness toevery living creature. For in all physical respects, and where the animal spirit is concerned, the selfsame feelings are shared by animal and man ... The feelings are one and the same, whether ye inflict pain on man or on beast. There is no difference here whatever. And indeed ye do worse to harm an animal, for man hath a language, he can lodge a complaint, he can cry out and moan; if injured he can have recourse to the authorities and these will protect him from his aggressor. But the hapless beast is mute, able neither to express its hurt nor take its case to the authorities ... Therefore it is essential that ye show forth the utmost consideration to the animal, and that ye be even kinder to him than to your fellow man. Train your children from their earliest days to be infinitely tender and loving to animals. If an animal be sick, let them try to heal it, if it be hungry, let them feed it, if thirsty, let them quench its thirst, if weary, let them see that it rests." (Selection from the Writings of Abdul-Baha)

arthra

Baha'i
Although the topic is about animals and the spirit world, the Bahá’í stance on animals is not mentioned. I think this is important to know for all animal lovers.

"It is not only their fellow human beings that the beloved of God must treat with mercy and compassion, rather must they show forth the utmost loving-kindness toevery living creature. For in all physical respects, and where the animal spirit is concerned, the selfsame feelings are shared by animal and man ... The feelings are one and the same, whether ye inflict pain on man or on beast. There is no difference here whatever. And indeed ye do worse to harm an animal, for man hath a language, he can lodge a complaint, he can cry out and moan; if injured he can have recourse to the authorities and these will protect him from his aggressor. But the hapless beast is mute, able neither to express its hurt nor take its case to the authorities ... Therefore it is essential that ye show forth the utmost consideration to the animal, and that ye be even kinder to him than to your fellow man. Train your children from their earliest days to be infinitely tender and loving to animals. If an animal be sick, let them try to heal it, if it be hungry, let them feed it, if thirsty, let them quench its thirst, if weary, let them see that it rests." (Selection from the Writings of Abdul-Baha)

arthra

Baha'i
I decided to share a post I made in reference to animals on Quora from a Baha'i perspective:

As for a human soul who has known and loved an animal – those experiences, as memories, have become a part of his or her eternal life. This, indeed, is what happens to our relationship to all material things. They will eventually be dispersed, so all the physical beauties of this world will ultimately remain only in our memories; but, as such, they constitute an enrichment of our lives which will continue to develop in the spiritual worlds.

Animals - Going to Heaven

There’s also a statement by Abdul-Baha written to console a believer who lost a pet:

As you are seeking some consolation, however, over the loss of your pet dog, you may recall the following statement of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in Some Answered Questions:

“The exaltation of the animal world is to possess perfect members, organs and powers, and to have all its needs supplied…. But real prosperity for the animal consists in passing from the animal world to the human world, like the microscopic beings that, through the water and air, enter into man and are assimilated, and replace that which has been consumed in his body. This is the great honour and prosperity for the animal world; no greater honour can be conceived for it.”

Of course your dog did not pass nor could it have passed normally to the human world in the physical sense as indicated in the Master’s statement. However, you might wish to contemplate that if it is a great honour for the animal to pass from its world to the human physical world, how much grater will its honour be for it to deserve to pass, with such tenderness as you describe in your letter, into the sentimental and emotional consciousness of man, whose soul with all its recollections and reminiscences is immortal….”

Animals - Going to Heaven

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
There is so much to address here.....I'll break it up...

Then show me some scriptures that say that we will be raised from the dead and live forever on earth.

John 5:28-29 is Jesus telling us that he will call all the dead from their tombs. He does not call them from heaven, but back to life on earth, demonstrated clearly by his resurrection of Lazarus, who was called from his s tomb and reunited with his family and friends. (John 11:11-14)

All of the restoration prophesies in Isaiah are about the future.

Isaiah 2:2-4....
"In the final part of the days,
The mountain of the house of Jehovah
Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains,
And it will be raised up above the hills,

And to it all the nations will stream.

3 And many peoples will go and say:

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah,
To the house of the God of Jacob.

He will instruct us about his ways,
And we will walk in his paths.

For law will go out of Zion,
And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.

4 He will render judgment among the nations

And set matters straight respecting many peoples.

They will beat their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning shears.

Nation will not lift up sword against nation,

Nor will they learn war anymore."

"The final part of the days" are about the times we are living in now.
Those who are true followers of Jesus have already fulfilled this prophesy. They have already beaten their swords into plowshares and refuse to "learn war anymore". They obey Jesus in being “no part of the world”...not involving ourselves in political issues as citizens of God’s kingdom first, not man’s. (John 18:36)

An horrendous time of trouble was foretold by Jesus (Matthew 24:21) and by the apostle Paul as well.....
2 Timothy 3:1-5
"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."

Can you not see the fulfillment? These words apply in our day more pointedly than in any other time period in history.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

"and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” is referring to heaven, not earth, because Jesus was going to heaven to prepare a place in heaven, not on earth. Jesus was preparing a place in heaven so they could be with him in heaven.

What Paul wrote is right on the money. I picked the most pertinent verses from the chapter because that helps to see it clearer. Our dying bodies will be transformed into bodies that will never die. Our transformed bodies will be spiritual bodies. Paul says that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God and that means they cannot exist in heaven. When Paul says these dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever, he is referring to the spiritual world (heaven), which will last forever.

Here is a classic example of quoting scripture without any idea of what it means.
If you aren't a Christian, what are you doing quoting Christian scripture to Christians anyway? If you've never been a Christian, I hardly think you are in a position to judge what it says. This s is the Baha’i view of things...nothing to do with Christianity.

Paul was talking to his fellow "elect"...the ones chosen by God to rule with Christ in heaven. These are a minority, who have specific positions in a heavenly government which will rule over earthly subjects. Revelation 21:2-4 is about what we can expect under that rulership. These chosen ones are said to be "kings and priests" (Revelation 20:6) so who are they to rule over?....and for whom do they intercede as priests? There are no sinners in heaven.....and kings do not rule each other.

Paul was not speaking about Christians generally but addressing that specific group.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

Who is “we"?........Not you or me.

You are interpreting these verses to mean what you want to believe and that is called confirmation bias. I interpret these verses to mean something completely different and I am sure Christians interpret them differently than you do. You want to be chosen so you believe you are chosen, it is as simple as that.

I am not of the "elect" so I entertain no hope of going to heaven. My hope is entirely earthly and that suits me just fine. I don't want to live anywhere else. Paradise is where God programmed all humans to live.....When he selected those of "the heavenly calling" he had to override that desire and implant a new one.....a desire to leave all earthly things behind and go to heaven to be with their Lord. The "mansions" are "dwelling places", so Jesus went to heaven to prepare a place for those who would rule with him in his Kingdom. Most of them are already there, ready to take over when God’s kingdom “comes”......as it must. (Matthew 6:9-10)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I consider that a fantasy, a belief that came about from misinterpreting and misunderstanding key scriptures, but I have no expectation of talking you or other JWs out of your beliefs. There are so many problems with such a belief, how it could have never worked for God to design us to be immortal physical bodies living on earth forever, but there is no point listing those problems because you believe what you believe and you will continue to believe it till you die and cross over to the spiritual world (heaven). I cannot say what will happen after that but it seems to me you will be very confused when you have a spiritual body, and you will also be sorely disappointed when you realize there is nothing ‘physical’ in the spiritual world.

God already had a large family in the spiritual world, created to live forever there from the beginning, long before the universe existed. He created humans to live on earth....forever too. We have a purpose here....to "fill the earth and subdue it".

As Paul so carefully explained you will have a body upon resurrection but that body will not be physical; it will be spiritual, because it is designed to live forever in a spiritual world (heaven), not designed to live on this earth. This is all according to Paul, as I explained to Skywalker when I interpreted the verses 1 Corinthians 15:35-58. #515 Trailblazer

He was not talking to you and me. He was talking to his fellow "joint heirs" with Christ. (Romans 8:17) These are the ones who will experience "the first resurrection". (Revelation 20:6)

You have absolutely nothing to back up your beliefs that God’s original purpose for humans was for everyone to rise from the dead and live on earth forever and this belief is not supported by the Bible in its totality. It is solely based upon cherry picking scriptures and assumptions you have made about what they mean.

I actually believe that statement applies to you. You have no idea what the scriptures teach because they are not your scriptures. You have no claim on them as followers of a false prophet....who never was "the returned Christ" IMO.

You are absolutely correct that this is a description of life on earth, not life in heaven, because it is about what life will be like on earth when the Kingdom of God is established on earth.

Isaiah 11:6-9 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Baha’is do not believe these verses are about animals, they are allegorical scriptures used to describe what will happen to humans. We know they are not about animals because Isaiah 11:9 says “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.” And animals cannot have knowledge of the Lord.

These prophesies are literal, pertaining to the way life would have been if mankind had not disobeyed their Creator. This is a reversal of the way life is right now because this life was never meant to be in our experience.
You can't possibly believe that God created the world to be like this?.....filled with pain, heartache and suffering.....?