• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anglicans and Icons

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
I would believe so, I feel particularly close to Saint Francis, and I've visited High Anglican Church who advised me to pray with Saints, so and icon, as long as it is not worship, should be fine.

Sultan Of Swing

Can Anglicans keep icons like Orthodox and some Catholic Christians do?
Yes. The Anglican Church is very diverse in how it thinks about things.

High Anglican churches, which are very similar to Catholic churches, would encourage keeping icons.

Then, there are Anglican churches that would discourage such a thing.

Really, the Anglican theology differs greatly from church to church.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
When I attend Worship on Wednesday at the Anglican Church down the street the sermon is usually dedicated to learning about the life of a Saint.

lunamoth

Will to love
When I attend Worship on Wednesday at the Anglican Church down the street the sermon is usually dedicated to learning about the life of a Saint.
We do this at our Wednesday morning service too. It's pretty laid back and we have discussion along with the sermon. :cool:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
We do this at our Wednesday morning service too. It's pretty laid back and we have discussion along with the sermon. :cool:

In January we got an interim Minister and he started doing this as well. And sometimes he'll bring up the Gospel reading first if he wishes to make a point about that specifically, but other wise has engaged us in the sermon a few times.

Pretty cool imo. :D