• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And He Shall Be Called a Nazarene

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
case in point some people insist a nazarene is not the same things mentioned in numbers 6:2

they want a word describing something in their language to have an exact spelling in another language, unfortunately it doesn't work that way for other languages and in linguistics
So there's no connection between the Hebrew of the bible and the Greek of the NT?
I'm good with this conclusion.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So then there is no way to connect the gospel words to the biblical words since the language isn't important. Thank you for confirming that.
the invaders wouldn't have cared about you language, EXACTLY.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So there's no connection between the Hebrew of the bible and the Greek of the NT?
I'm good with this conclusion.
no your language, hebrew was of no importance in 1st century judea. they would have named the people using a greek word.

hebrew was long dead, would continue to be an irrelevant language for another 2000 years almost, except to a small ethnic group

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
the invaders wouldn't have cared about you language, EXACTLY.
What I find ironic about this is that the lingua franca was Greek and you're saying the Roman occupiers wouldn't have cared about the native languages (not that I'm saying Greek was native), yet the Romans also used Greek and important documents were written in both Greek and Latin.

So the Romans clearly did care about other languages because their native wasn't Greek and yet...

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What I find ironic about this is that the lingua franca was Greek and you're saying the Roman occupiers wouldn't have cared about the native languages (not that I'm saying Greek was native), yet the Romans also used Greek and important documents were written in both Greek and Latin.

So the Romans clearly did care about other languages because their native wasn't Greek and yet...
the hebrews of 1st century judea would have spoken greek and written in greek.

self-hatred is a thing

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
the hebrews of 1st century judea would have spoken greek and written in greek.

self-hatred is a thing
I'm not talking about the Hebrew people though.

I'm speaking about the Roman occupiers - the folks you said don't care about other languages, even though they made extensive use of Greek.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
so the original claim of a connection is invalid. I appreciate your agreement on this point.
but it wasn't greeks who wrote these books. it was 1st century judeans, jews. the romans wouldn't accept these writings for another 300 yrs. they didn't believe in a single god

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm not talking about the Hebrew people though.

I'm speaking about the Roman occupiers - the folks you said don't care about other languages, even though they made extensive use of Greek.
i am talking about the jewish people. all this time your people, jews, wrote these books. because your people were using the language of the time to talk about a movement in their midst. they even try to incorporate the roman invaders in suppressing it.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
i am talking about the jewish people. all this time your people, jews, wrote these books. because your people were using the language of the time to talk about a movement in their midst. they even try to incorporate the roman invaders in suppressing it.
My people are the British.

Also I have no idea what you're talking about, honestly. Could you please backtrack into some context?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
your egos are getting in the way of the obvious.

the actions betray all the coverups

it was jews evolving into something else. to the essenes the worldly jews were the problem.

to all the prophets the worldly jews were the problem