• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Extremely Simple Formula Which Will Ensure Extreme Financial Success

blackout

Violet.
Well, yes you did do something differently on quite a radical level. You became more generous with your finances and let go of the mindset that you don't have anything left over to give. That's significant! Giving a percentage of your money away not only benefits others, it gives you a sense of empowerment with your money. :)

Peace,
Mystic

Nice Heather.:rainbow1:
Your post really hit home to me how uncentered & tired
my thinking has become as of late.
(due perhaps to lack of :sleep:... and an "off" season of day to day uncertainties?)

It is all very "karmic" in nature actually.
I like to call it "stepping (out & up) in active faith"...

Our realities truly do become a living reflection
of who we ARE... and what we do.

So it was wrong of me to dismiss the idea
that letting go of one's money would not bring benefit.
This actually is not a new idea to me at all.

The potential problem I see with this tithing attitude however
is that there is sort of a "superstitious" "negative" attached.
ie... if I DON'T pay my tithe...
then my reality will regress..
and I will lose my "blessing"...
and I will find myself living in "lack".

It's better to just do a thing.

ie... don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.
Do it with all you have and are...
but do it quietly... and let it be...
enjoying the experience
without any hard wired expectations.

FFH

Veteran Member
Nice Heather.:rainbow1:
Your post really hit home to me how uncentered & tired
my thinking has become as of late.
(due perhaps to lack of :sleep:... and an "off" season of day to day uncertainties?)

It is all very "karmic" in nature actually.
I like to call it "stepping (out & up) in active faith"...

Our realities truly do become a living reflection
of who we ARE... and what we do.

So it was wrong of me to dismiss the idea
that letting go of one's money would not bring benefit.
This actually is not a new idea to me at all.

The potential problem I see with this tithing attitude however
is that there is sort of a "superstitious" "negative" attached.
ie... if I DON'T pay my tithe...
then my reality will regress..
and I will lose my "blessing"...
and I will find myself living in "lack".

It's better to just do a thing.

ie... don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.
Do it with all you have and are...
but do it quietly... and let it be...
enjoying the experience
without any hard wired expectations.
Wow, excellent post.

I especially like this part...

don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.
Truly this is the key. When we give we must let it go and not think too much about it (the money), otherwise we might change our mind.

Giving away our money is the hardest thing to do, but it ensures promised blessings, but I've discovered one thing, just paying 10 percent doesn't bring the full blessing, it will keep you out of debt but not give you an abundance, PAYING AN OFFERING above and beyond the tithe brings blessings over and beyond what we need.

So again the simple formula is 10 percent tithe and 1 percent offering, IT'S TOO SIMPLE AND WILL ENSURE FINANCIAL SUCCESS AND NO LACK WHATSOEVER.

I've proven God and he is faithful, EXTREMELY FAITHFUL.

THINGS STARTED HAPPENING IMMEDIATELY.

Last time I tried this, about 10 years ago I was blessed with so much work that I stopped paying the 1 percent offering and immediately the extra work/money stopped coming in, it was weird.

Just that extra 1 percent "OPENS UP THE WINDOWS OF HEAVEN IN OUR FAVOR".

Just something to ponder if you are experiencing lack in your life and you're ready for a change.

Remember I don't make anything off of anyone here by saying what I'm saying here.

Just a forum and I'm just sharing what works for me. NOT SELLING ANY BOOK AND AM OBVIOUSLY NOT A PASTOR TRYING TO RAISE MONEY FOR MY CHURCH OR ANY OTHER CHURCH.

Give your money to the charity of your choice and see if it works, do for instance 11 percent (10 percent being the minimum, which will get you out of debt and 1 percent being the offering, which brings abundance, over and beyond what you need).

I promise you it will work as long as it's money that's given to a good "God" organization and not a corrupt man mad organization.

The Red Cross, for example, or the United Way are two good examples if you don't want to give your money to a Christian church. These are great organizations, as is the LDS church, since there are very little operating expenses involved, for instance the LDS church operates fully on the interest of the tithes now, no principle is used now, except to build new buildings as needed.

This is also a great organization.
[SIZE=-1]Sponsored Link[/SIZE]​
Outreach International

I've given money to this organization to help build water wells in Africa, for example. It was something I just did and tried not to think about the money given, but rather the end result, which was; I had helped to bring clean drinking water to those who needed it so badly/desperately, something we take totally for granted here in the states, yet others in the world still now live without fresh drinking water.

Here's some other links to the same organization, James Robison helps raise money for this organization.

Google Outreach International link

These are just recommendations, find out what works for you, for instance which organizations you prefer, but they have to be good God ordained organizations, not corrupt man made organizations.

Again this scripture applies...

Luke 6: 38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

What you give out will come back to you, in one way or another, in this life and in the next, it's never really lost because it's counted to you for righteousness and is on record with God and his angels for eternity to come.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
no, My mother was on disability for years because she got into a bad car accident and couldn;t walk. so the bishop told her not to tithe, because finances were extremely tight and we already required assistance from the ward we were in to have food.
So don't tithe and miss out on the rewards and blessings that tithes bring? That just seems to go against the OP.

FFH

Veteran Member
So don't tithe and miss out on the rewards and blessings that tithes bring? That just seems to go against the OP.
Good topic of debate...

Should someone tithe if they are in a tight situation financially ???

I make 8 bucks an hour and live cheap and have double what I need each month, even after paying my tithes and offerings, if I work 50 hours a week with overtime pay, now I'm working around 70 and for a couple of weeks I'll be working 80. Just a/the manager at Godfather's Pizza. Nothing fancy or high paying at all.

My wife also doesn't work and hasn't since the early 90's.

That's the power of God working in my favor.

Pay tithes and offerings and God will work all things in your favor, for your good.

I've tested it this last month, to it's fullest, by paying an offering along with my usual tithes and it's amazing,

I've paid my tithing since I was a kid, but neglected to give a consistant offering unto the Lord, which seems to open the windows of heaven wide open in our favor.

The following could be true, at least this is what I've observed in my life...

Pay tithes (windows of heaven half open)
Pay tithes and offerings (windows of heaven wide open)

FFH

Veteran Member
Suppose you recieve food stamps, should you tithe 10% of them?
Sorry, missed this post.

I'd say yes pay ten percent of your income, whatever form it may come in.

God will make a way in every situation, it makes no difference the level of income, God will increase it and cause situations to make your expenses much less than they were before, but it requires effort on our part to, he seems to meet us half way or more than half way the more we give to him.

The more we give to God the more he works in our favor, no more complicated than that, he just requires a minimum of 10 percent and an offering, whatever you decide, starts the blessings pouring in. Just paying tithes will keep you out of debt, with money in the bank, but paying an offering, above and beyond the tithe, starts Gods abundance flowing immeasurably in your life and they up and left, one got called into the Navy 5 months early.

When I say immeasurably, I mean there are other areas of your life that improve as well, not just monetarily, like your skills, your disposition, those you work with, etc., things not easily measured or noticed at first.

I can't believe how things have changed here at work, I nearly work with a whole new crew, way better than before, and it happened in about a month's time. It was weird, two of the people I had worked with for around 3 years, the other for over a year.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
You would think, but interest rates hardly keep up with inflation rates.

Better to give it to God.
Who says its collecting interest in dollars? I had some in Russian currency, but got it out before that busted. Its in Euros now, fairly safe.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Malachi 3: 10-11
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith; saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

3 Nephi 24: 10 (Book of Mormon)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the fields, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Malachi 3: 8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

3 Nephi 24: 8 (Book of Mormon)
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say: Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

I pay ten percent of my gross income to the LDS church and now pay one percent of my gross income as an offering unto the Lord, to the LDS church.

I've paid my tithes since I was 8, but neglected to consistantly pay an offering unto the Lord.

About a month ago I committed to paying one percent of my gross income to the LDS church in the form of what the LDS church calls a "fast offering," in which we are asked to skip two meals and pay the money we would have spent as an offering.

I for some reason felt it necessary to pay one percent of all I make.

I wanted to test the Lord to see what he would do and he has been much more than just faithful, he has done more than I imagined he would do.

I was just thinking to myself earlier, what an awesome day, everything went exactly like I wanted it too, it was amazing, I could feel the Lord working in my favor, it was very obvious, of course I had to do my part, but then it seemed like the Lord met me half way and took care of the rest, it was great, I could feel his presence.

I cannot believe how much has happened in one short month here at work to make my life the best it can be at this point.

It's amazing what God will do if we do what he asks us to do. He made us and this world so we need to do what he says to succeed in this life, there is absolutely no way around that.

Forget about all the self help books and financial secrets, this is it, pay your tithes and offerings unto the Lord and he will insure your financial and spiritual success in this life. He will "rebuke the devourer" for your sake.

I now work with some awesome people, they are great. The main manager and all the people I would rather not have worked with voluntarily quit, this month, one had worked here for a year, the other had been with the company for years and the navy called him away to Illinois suddenly, and I was asked by the owner if I would manage the store for him. He said, "I'll take care of you if you'll manage it for me". He knew the last manager was stealing, as were many of our employees, they are literally all gone now, the ones that were stealing, it was weird how fast it happened. The manager had been with the company since this store opened over 4 or 5 years ago.

in just one short month the whole crew left, except one driver, who is cool and I didn't want him to leave. Also a brand new assistant manager, the district manager had hired to help me, just walked off the job and quit today. I was so relieved not to have to work with her. I was extatic...

Today was absulutely great, it seemed like nothing could go wrong, it was weird, haven't felt that way for a long time.

God is good and he's helping to make all the crooked paths in my life straight, as long as I do my part, which takes a lot of effort, but then the Lord seems to meet me half way and make my burdens seem light, extremely light.

So the bottom line is....

The secret of financial, social, mental and spiritual success can be directly tied to paying a full tithe, and an offering unto the Lord, there is absolutely no way around this, and the Lord will "rebuke the devourer for your sake".

A sure promise given to us by the Lord.

Try it and see if the Lord is not faithful to do what he has promised to do. It won't work though without the offering, I've tried to just pay my tithes and it doesn't seem to work as well, just that one percent extra seems to literally open up the windows of heaven.

Try a one percent offering on your gross income as well as ten percent of your gross income as a tithe unto the Lord.

Test the Lord on this one and see if he will not pour out a blessing that you will not have room enough to receive it.

Isn't there a forum rule against spam?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
my religion strongly warns you against people who want your money for god. What use does Creator have for cash? Money is mans doing and its a cause of great evil, why should giving it to Creator have any benefit?

never pay to pray!

wa:do

blackout

Violet.
Originally Posted by sandy whitelinger
Suppose you recieve food stamps, should you tithe 10% of them?

FFH...
I'd say yes pay ten percent of your income, whatever form it may come in.

so tithe to whom?
(some of us stay away from churches like the plague)

How about just living spontaniously with a generous heart?

Stick a few bucks in the tip bucket for the hard working guys and galls at the bagel shop...
or the musician playing for you while you dine out...
buy your children something they truly need without worrying how you're gunna pay off the debt.

You have a friend or neighbor going through a rough time?
maybe a single mom?
If you have the money ... help her out.
or babysit for her.

BTW...
if you have a bank debt.
either a mort-gage (death gague)
or credit card debt
college debt...
whatever...

you in essence have no income.
if your debt and your bills EXCEED your income...
the money is ALL spoken for.

Still you can be generous and loving with people in a whole host of other ways.

THIS is what's important.

If I shared (tithed) only 10% of my LOVE with others...
I TRULY would be a cheap skate.

blackout

Violet.
If you give spam as a tithe they will throw you out of the church and revoke your salvation.

Well I guess if the cost of your spam =
10% of your income...

you've done it correctly. ?:shrug:

(You might want to throw in the dehydrated mashed potato mix as well though,
just to be sure!)

FFH

Veteran Member
I have absolutely no debt, but when I got behind in my tithing I also got behind in my bills.

When I pay my tithes I always have money in the bank, when I pay an offering above that, I have money overflowing.

I have gotten behind in the past on my tithe and coincidently I also got behind on my bills.

Go figure.

Tithing my money and giving an offering literally opens up the money flow in my life.

Just the opposite of what you would expect.

Try it, test it out.

Give 10 percent plus 1 percent to a good "God" organization of your choice. The United Way, for example, if you are not religious or don't believe in God, it could work if you work it.

tomspug

Absorbant
I wasn't aware that tithing had anything to do with being 'rewarded'. Why would God want your tithe if you expected something in return.

I thought the whole point of tithing was because YOU were giving something back to GOD. It's you who are blessed. You aren't blessing Him. I mean, what if I was tithing and my wife got in a car accident, bringing up a number of unexpected and burdening expenses? Should I be waiting for God to solve everything for me just because I'm a good tither?

blackout

Violet.
We each create/believe/step our own reality into being.

I personally would rather make my kick a** income
as a kick a** musician/performance artist.

All my love I give freely
and without percentage counts.

I give all I can to the individuals in my life.
I would never give a dime to an organization of any kind.

BTW FHH...
when you give...
expecting something in return...
it's not really giving at all.

And...
if your formula REALLY works....
why not give 20%...
or 50%... or MORE!
Surely your return would be all the greater! right?

blackout

Violet.
about the spam.

on second thought...
an offering of spam might just bring you more spam?!:eek:
TRUCKLOADS EVEN!

Better give out what you wanna get back I think!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I have absolutely no debt, but when I got behind in my tithing I also got behind in my bills.

When I pay my tithes I always have money in the bank, when I pay an offering above that, I have money overflowing.

I have gotten behind in the past on my tithe and coincidently I also got behind on my bills.

Go figure.
Are you sure you're not putting the cart before the horse? If you get behind in your tithing and bills simultaneously, I can see a few possible reasons for what's going on, just based on the correlation:

1. getting behind on your tithing caused you, somehow, to get behind on your bills
2. getting behind on your bills caused you, somehow, to get behind on your tithing
3. getting behind on both your tithing and bills was caused by some other common factor (a general lack of incoming cash, perhaps?)
4. there is no causal relationship, and the correlation between the two is just a coincidence.

Why do you assume that #1 must be correct, and not #2, 3, or 4?

Tithing my money and giving an offering literally opens up the money flow in my life.

Just the opposite of what you would expect.

Try it, test it out.

When the "money flow in your life" is opened up, does God give you the money directly, or does it come through people?

If it comes through people, and if this is all as certain as you make it sound, what exactly happened to the free will of the people who have suddenly decided to give you more money than they would normally have done? If God's controlling their actions in this regard, doesn't that mean that, at least in part, they aren't responsible for what they do? How does that fit into your theology?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Are you sure you're not putting the cart before the horse? If you get behind in your tithing and bills simultaneously, I can see a few possible reasons for what's going on, just based on the correlation:

1. getting behind on your tithing caused you, somehow, to get behind on your bills
2. getting behind on your bills caused you, somehow, to get behind on your tithing
3. getting behind on both your tithing and bills was caused by some other common factor (a general lack of incoming cash, perhaps?)
4. there is no causal relationship, and the correlation between the two is just a coincidence.

Why do you assume that #1 must be correct, and not #2, 3, or 4?

When the "money flow in your life" is opened up, does God give you the money directly, or does it come through people?

If it comes through people, and if this is all as certain as you make it sound, what exactly happened to the free will of the people who have suddenly decided to give you more money than they would normally have done? If God's controlling their actions in this regard, doesn't that mean that, at least in part, they aren't responsible for what they do? How does that fit into your theology?

You know, It's an incredibly blessing to pay tithing wiether or not you agree or believe us.

We know what we know because it is true.

trying to justify it mathematically is nonsense, you can't

when i started paying tithing i thought to myself "how could i afford this?" but you know what? things worked out always. nomatter what.

FFH

Veteran Member
I wasn't aware that tithing had anything to do with being 'rewarded'. Why would God want your tithe if you expected something in return.

I thought the whole point of tithing was because YOU were giving something back to GOD. It's you who are blessed. You aren't blessing Him. I mean, what if I was tithing and my wife got in a car accident, bringing up a number of unexpected and burdening expenses? Should I be waiting for God to solve everything for me just because I'm a good tither?
Interesting story.

I had never been in an auto or motorcycle accident in my life, I got extremely behind in my tithes and had abandoned every catching up on them.

I got in a motorcycle accident and was out of work for over a year, further causing me to resigning to not paying my back tithes, thinking God didn't car what I did.

Things got worse, my wife urged me to pay my tithes over and over. I finally did and things turned around, then a year later I decided to pay a consistant offering, something I had neglected to do all my life.

Now I'm in a situation where I have more than enough.

An overflow of money helps get your mind of it and onto other things other than yourself.

Paying an offering helps get rid of selfish motives in my life. Money also seems to stretch more than if I don't tithe and pay my offerings. I feel less hungry, for example, it's weird, but it has always been the case with me. I buy less food, for example, and am much more conscious of other expenditures. I don't spend nearly as much as if I weren't paying a a tithe and offering, my money goes much further it seems.

In every area of my life things seem to flow more smoothly, not just my finances benefit, but other areas of my life seem work out much better. I feel God helping me in every aspect of my life. It's a subtle thing but then it builds and becomes obvious.

Will tithes and offerings cause you not to get in an accident, it seemed to work for me, until I got way behind in my tithes and neglected my offerings.

I missed out on a whole years pay at work, I lived off my savings, so it wasn't as if I was broke, but I missed out on all that pay I could have had if I had just kept current on my tithes and payed a consistant offering.

FFH

Veteran Member
We each create/believe/step our own reality into being.

I personally would rather make my kick a** income
as a kick a** musician/performance artist.

All my love I give freely
and without percentage counts.

I give all I can to the individuals in my life.
I would never give a dime to an organization of any kind.

BTW FHH...
when you give...
expecting something in return...
it's not really giving at all.

And...
if your formula REALLY works....
why not give 20%...
or 50%... or MORE!
Surely your return would be all the greater! right?
Again, great post, you've have brought up some great points in this thread, I've read all your posts here, sorry I don't respond to everything everyone says here, I would just end up saying something stupid if I tried to respond to every comment, I mostly ponder what people say and respond if I feel the need. I don't always have a good response or answer, sort of a quiet type personality if you were to meet me in person, more introspective/introvert than an extravert.

Yeah, Ultra Violet, giving more would definitely get you more.

John Huntsman is an LDS billionaire, he is ranked about 100 on the Forbes richest people in the U.S.

I'll never forget picking up a newspaper and reading his answer to a question asked of him, "How did you get to be so wealthy?".

I'll never forget his answer. He said when he was making 500 bucks a month (I think it was in the 50's, so that was an okay amount of money then, but still not a lot), he said he and his wife committed to giving HALF of his income to a needy family next door. He continued to do that for quite a while, even after he had moved away, I think. He still holds that type of philosophy today, "give as much as you can away to those in need".

I went to high school with his daughter, who is my age, she is a sweetheart, never new, at that time, that her dad was a millionaire, she didn't go to a private school like all the other rich daddy's girls, but attended the local public high school like the rest of us as if she was no one special or priveledged at all.

They lived good but not extravagantly. I used to deliver pizzas to John Huntsman's office once a month. He would spend about 200 bucks on pizzas, I had to carry them to the 20th floor of his office, it was cool though to be able to see his office, which took up a whole entire floor of the top floor.

He supplies Bic with the plastic to make their pens, for example and the materials for so many other products, he had a display of them..

He's a great guy, he would be great to work with, his son is the current governor of Utah, another one of his sons is friends with my brother, I haven't really kept up with his daughter to see what she's doing now, last I heard she was really into ski racing, I mean her kids are into it too, she's very active with the various local ski races.

FFH

Veteran Member
I just remembered a guy I worked with years ago, an Armenian, who came up to me and said, "Do you know John Huntsman??? I said, yeah, of course, "Well," he said, "He built a chemical plant in Armenia which brought jobs, water and electricity to where I used to live, which was near this chemical plant". He said the basic necessities of life were hard to come by at the time, because of civil war power plants were shut down, this was in the late 80's early 90's, if I remember right, and they had also had a devastating earthquake to top it all off. He (the friend I worked with) didn't stop there, he went on to say how John Huntsman had payed for he, his wife and their daughter to come to the United States so that their daughter could have an operation, she was very young and needed some specialized medical attention.

The family ended up staying in the states as a result of his help. I could not beleive the far reaching affects of what he (John Huntsman) quietly does for others. What were the odds of me meeting someone John Huntsman had personally helped, next to nothing, unless he had helped a ton of people in his life, which I have no doubts he has done.

"Give and it shall be given unto you" ~Jesus Christ~

You can't outgive God, he will always return more than you give to him.

It's a test of faith, pure and simple. He want's to see if we believe in him and his eternal saving and exalting principles or not.