• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Extremely Simple Formula Which Will Ensure Extreme Financial Success

FFH

Veteran Member
You give money to God to influence his decision. Sounds like bribery to me.
No, it's a principle with a promise.

Doctrine and Covenants 130: 20 (LDS scripture)
There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

The Blessing of Commandments - Dallin H. Oaks
[SIZE=-1]"There is a law," we are told, "irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessing are predicated--And when we ...[/SIZE]

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I don't know why this is in the debate section. If you have never tithed, you would not understand. If your not going to tithe in the future, why participate in this thread?

The only people who really could debate this issue are people who used to tithe and have stopped and believe it was a good choice. I would like to hear from these folks if there are any.

nutshell

You give money to God to influence his decision. Sounds like bribery to me.

We aren't influencing God's decision and He isn't influencing ours. It's basically a contract - a promise by both sides for mutual benefit.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm one of the people who used to thithe and don't any more.
No difference in my life... other than a little bit more money. :D

wa:do