• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Americans ?!?!?

Are you American?

• Yes!

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • No!

Votes: 27 33.3%

• Total voters

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Yes. I was born in California, the Golden State. I lived my teen years in Colorado Springs, and with the exception of that and my years in the Navy, I've lived in California. :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
There's no Quagmireland?

Naykidape declared war on Quagmireland and claimed it for Bongloadia years ago.

I've been meaning to visit, but they won't let you through customs unless you're trying to smuggle something in.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I spend about ten days in Florida back in 1984. That is the extent of my connection to the USA.

Well, that and the cultural consumption, which is sort of maniac. Most Brazilians assume themselves to be a lot less different from Americans than they truly are.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Are you American?

:D

The purpose of this thread is just to know how many/the percentage of Americans here on RF. I noticed that most of the time the location of members I see is somewhere in America.

No ulterior motives :angel2:

Yep. I am.:cool:

Floridian, to be exact.

We have beaches, old rich people, and bath salt zombies

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
hqdefault.jpg

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
The fact that the forum is in English, just by circumstance most members would be US, UK, Canadian, Australian, and for that matter Indians as well from India since English is widely spoken often better than some of my friends from some US states.

Also, in the case of America which is 50 "mini-countries", even though very homogeneous across borders there are many Americans who self-identify more with their individual State than the Federal identity, e.g. "I a Texan" or "from California " if responding to a British interview asking "Where are you from?".

I suppose if the forum was primarily in Farsi or Chinese, that might change the membership participation somewhat. Also, those who speak Farsi, Urdu, Chinese often live in repressive nations such as Iran or communist China or Pakistan where internet participation on a forum is highly monitored for any criticism of the elite oligarchy that runs those countries so the forum would only be allowed to discuss very rudimentary religious topic (or no religious discussion at all in some cases such as persecuting Christians who do not belong to the "official Chinese Christian Church" using the China example).

So I think the current membership is largely circumstantial, and not a "conspiracy" or agenda.