• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Americans ?!?!?

Are you American?

• Yes!

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • No!

Votes: 27 33.3%

• Total voters

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I've wondered about your excellent English. Did you live or study in an English speaking place?
Tom

Nope, I learned it the hard way. Personal efforts and researches (video games, cartoons, tech., etc.), and hunting for practicing opportunities. I'm an English graduate btw, but that only helped with formalities, not with fluency, accuracy in word choice, and real life application. Right now I work in a company that specifically wanted someone with good language control.

Do I qualify to be American?

:D

Sees

Dragonslayer
Nope, I learned it the hard way. Personal efforts and researches (video games, cartoons, tech., etc.), and hunting for practicing opportunities. I'm an English graduate btw, but that only helped with formalities, not with fluency, accuracy in word choice, and real life application. Right now I work in a company that specifically wanted someone with good language control.

You have to pledge allegiance and do a flawless back-flip first.

Your English is already better than millions of Americans.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
You have to pledge allegiance and do a flawless back-flip first.

Your English is already better than millions of Americans.

Wait, America has more than million people?

I only saw ~20 so far :D

And thanks for the compliment (different that complement :) )

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My wife was born and raised in Sicily, near San Vito lo Capo not too far from Trapani.

My paternal grandparents were from Collesano. Family members have visited there to get an idea of our family history, but with little to no luck. We can't get further back than my grandparents. There just don't seem to be any records, or anyone alive who remembers anything.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I exist in a place called Amontet (The Hidden Realm), but many times I find myself roaming in a North American state called Oklahoma, in a city called Tulsa. So I would identify myself as an American. :D

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My paternal grandparents were from Collesano. Family members have visited there to get an idea of our family history, but with little to no luck. We can't get further back than my grandparents. There just don't seem to be any records, or anyone alive who remembers anything.

Well you should go there and find out! ;)

We went and stayed with my wife's relatives in her village and had a great time even though I struggle with the language. We were treated like royalty, and they won't let you buy anything-- but I snuck out to the store anyway about every other day.

Poor area though. Sometimes we didn't have water (they save it in jugs) and there were a couple of times we had no electricity.

BTW, my wife cooks Sicilian on most days, and I really love the food, mostly the real traditional dishes, not as much the Americanized ones (hamburger in a meat sauce-- yuk!).

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Nah. Most of us ain't had that much book learnin'.