• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America and the hate politics cause

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No. He said he likes to ‘assault’ vagina. I assume you can see the stark difference….
With the woman's consent.

I imagine that in the US, when two people have sex, they don't touch each other...right?
How do they have sex?

Rational Agnostic

Just foreseeable ill effect, right?

It's Clark's Law: "sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

No, there is obviously a difference between incompetence and idiocy that causes unintentional harm and actual intent to cause harm.
I would say that most Trump supporters recognize that his policies harm various groups (e.g. Muslims, pregnant people, trans people) but don't care enough about those harmed groups to let this change their mind.

Hmm, maybe? I honestly don't know what reasoning people use to support Trump so I couldn't comment on that. I would still contend that most of his supporters genuinely believe he will do more good than harm to society. They're wrong of course, but there is a difference between being wrong and being evil.
It's not a reason for you to end a friendship, apparently. Why would you say it's not a reason for anyone?

I didn't say that. Anyone has the right to end a friendship for whatever reason they want.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you sure it is all about being conservative or liberal?

Well, terms like "conservative" and "liberal" are used as approximations, but as I said, it depends on how far one goes with it.

I am sure it's more about Trump voters against anti-Trumpers...

If Trump quit politics, the 90% of all this divisiveness would fade away.... ;)

I never really bought into the idea that "it's all about Trump."

wellwisher

Political polarization at its best. Nothing to be proud of.

A third of young voters said they wouldn't want to be friends with someone who voted for a different presidential candidate: poll​

"-The US has increasingly become politically polarized in recent decades.
-A third of respondents in a recent poll said they can't even be friends with rival party supporters.
-A similar poll in 2016 found that 7% of voters reported friendships ending because of the election.

The poll, conducted between February 3 and 14 by The Generation Lab and Axios to 1,073 young adults, revealed that 33% of respondents said they would "definitely not" or "probably not" be open to being friends with someone who voted for the opposing party's presidential nominee (selecting Republican former President Donald Trump or Democratic current President Joe Biden, specifically).

Monday's survey comes around seven years after a Monmouth University poll found that 7% of voters said they ended friendships over the vitriolic race between Trump and Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. Those friendships ended, the poll found, as 70% of respondents said the presidential campaign "brought out the worse in people."

This is expected, since young people have been so easily poisoned by fake news and the con artists of the internet since they were babies. The 1980's was the last decade before computers and the internet became mainstream. Beginning in the 1990's people started to spend more ands more time staring at a little video screen, detached from humans. The 1990's was transitional, with Windows 98 opening the door to a new social era, for both good and bad.

For the younger people, under 30, try to imagine a time before cell phones were your masters. Could you sacrifice your cell phone for 1 week? You grew up in a time when social media, from AOL onward, became mainstream, and becoming an anonymous avatar, on the internet was the trend. You could become anyone you wanted to be and pretend or say anything. Others did not always see or know you, up close, to be sure who you were.

We now have a fews generation of people, much more detached from tangible social reality, with defensive walls. Now hype and bigotry is sold to niche markets, like CNN, MSN, FOX; fake news targeting the extreme bias of its viewership. Back in the 1980's you had to interact with people, and your best friends would often disagree. But since you knew each other, deeply, their opinion on one thing was not all of them, so you can agree to disagree. Now without that human closeness and with more anonymity, walls and sides come up too fast.

In my growing up world, I was part of the love generation of the 1970's, where we tried to overcome the bigotries of our times. We are now once again divide people, like the Civil War, when the Southern Democrat party tried to divide the country, pitting brother against brother, based on slavery. The Southern Democrats said slavery was good business and the Northern Democrats and Republicans thought it was inhumane and wrong. The physicals distances between; the anonymity of strangers, made it easy to hate and kill each other.

Step forward in time, this new extreme level of social division got really bad, after Trump was elected. Fake news and lying leadership became the way of the Democrat Party, to divide the country, to skim Trump votes for 2020. All that anger and fear against Trump made it hard to have debates with my Democrat friends; voice of reason, since they were like rabid wolf packs having the upper hand in the war, early. The Democrats hordes ganged up on one person; Trump. I lived in a Democrat state and I was a minority in terms of not being with the collective Trump hate and bigotry program. It was not rational. I was on defensive, early being attacked. But I could defend and maintain friends. The Democrats started this, with the Republican taking time to dig in. They were not prepared for so much blind rage and bigotry.

The collision coup, which gave the entire Democrat party rabies, was neutralized by Mueller, and then some semblance of civility returned. But the criminal leadership started again, making every aspect of the Trump presidency appear evil. Now we can compare the time of Trump to the time of Biden and the DNC, and see the time how the time of Trump was not as bad as the con job had preached. The rabies was never justified. Immigration was more under control, the economy was good before and late COVID, with more blacks and women having jobs than even in US history. The US ended all the Obama and Biden era wars. We have new Biden era wars.

The main Democrat strategy used to create so much social division, was based on Liberal word game scams. For example, the common sense of the 1970's, that led to the love generation, where even the residual racism moderated, was to look at racism as connected to everyone, of any race, who judges others by racial standards; one side fits all based on some criteria of race.

Back in the 1970's there were two very popular comedy shows, All in the Family, and then a spin off called The Jeffersons. Both were a comedy approach to bigotry and racism, with two lovable main bigot characters; Archie Bunker and George Jefferson, one white and one black. They knew each other; Jefferson was a spin off, but each had separate shows. George Jefferson made it big in business and was now a likable snob on top of his funny bigotry. Their characters would express the bigotry of the 1970's, in funny and exaggerated ways, that all races could relate, and laugh, due to the likable characters reflecting the ways of the world; bigotry was often more about ignorance than hate,

People were made aware that racism occurred on both sides, and by making fun of it and being able to laugh at each other, we all overcame. The current Democrat in charge will not allow contemporary comedy to overcome racism, by pocking fun from all sides. They try to neutralize that test proven path of love, by not showing racism as coming from all sides. Only white are now racist by their definition. The way we did it, led to love, but today the Democrat created wall, perpetuates fear and hate; trained bigotry. The irony is a peaceful Democrat writer and producer of the 1970's led the way back then; Norman Lear. His approach should be taught in schools if the goal is love. If you prefer hate use the New Democrat way.

All races have people who have a racist view of the other side, where one size fits all. This Democrat word game, that helped to divide the country, so severely, was to redefine the word racism to mean only something whites can do it. But not all whites, just Republican and Trump loving whites. If you are a Democrat white, you get an exemption. Presidents Biden's former mentor was vey high leader in the KKK, but since Biden is a Democrat he cannot be a bad white by the new definition.

Now, the application of the love approach of the 1970's, for racism; we all do it, makes you a bigot and hater. Democrat scams like affirmative action or DEI, based on race, according to the word game, makes anyone who see the slippery slope, of renewed racism, labeled as haters. The purpose word scam is to create two definitions, and then program their base to accept the new, and thereby causing them to hate those who remain true to old wa,y that once helped reduce racism in the 1970's. The Left mass's hate is misdirected and leads to the other side creating defensive positions, to the two faced hate inspiring Democrat definitions.

The next critical word game that got us to where we now is the scam definition of immigration. Immigration can be done legally by following the laws of the land you immigrate toward. This is the most practical way to immigrate, since assures there are resource allocated and the Citizens, by not being inconvenienced, are much more receptive. The other way is where you ignore the laws of the land, and you invade and break into the country of choice, like thieves of the night. The goal of this new Democrats word game, is to blur the distinction between lawful and unlawful entry, and call everyone immigrants, even drug gangs and human traffickers. If you do not accept lawless immigrants as being the same as lawful and planned immigrants, you hate all immigrants. The Left, makes no distinction between crime or law abiding, but one is as good as the other. Again common sense people can see a difference in terms of the outcome; order versus chaos. This clarity of mind makes you a hater in terms of the cell phone addicted Left.

The newest one, that may not catch on, is if you go to a store to buy goods and you exchange money for goods, this is now the same as the shoplifter, since they also go to a store and leave with merchandise. Both are now shoppers, according to the new word game. If you make a distinction and dislike hate shoplifter, you hate all shoppers. Half the country now hates"shoppers" and need to be hated by the left. Trump is behind all this hate. It is not the word games and gullible Left.

This distinction may be hard for emotional thinkers to grasp, but this last example was included, since it is one you will most likely be able to see in your own life, and not just on the internet. The goal of the word games is to blur the line between good and evil, so the criminal leaders can do crimes and then appear clean, since dirty is the new clean. Your hate will be the smoke screen.

The Liberal allowance of shoplifting in the inner cities, by making it too easy, was also designed to have a negative impact on racial perceptions. This encouragement from the Democrats, in charge, gives many minority neighborhoods a bad name. The shoplifter follow the Democrats leaders directions, but this indulgence will appear bad; on TV, to law abiding people. This is by design, since reaction to these encouraged crimes will be spun to mean racism, since the target areas have a lot of minorities. The goal is to reduce the loss of minority voters, to the RNC, by pegging law abiding voters as racists.

This is also causing a problem with otherwise good immigrants, coming to the USA for a new life. They are not encourage to follow the law but encourage to break the laws of the USA, by the Democrats; come here and enter. This misdirection by the Democrats will lead to a backlash against good people, that the Democrats will spin to make them their voters. Their rejection is not about being illegal, since they were invited, but due to racism. The entire tactic is about divide and conqueror with humans pawns being coldly sacrificial.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The wealthy elites that own and control everything want us all at each other's throats so we won't wake up and turn on them. And amazingly, we apparently like hating and blaming each other so much that it works. And has been working for many decades.

It is certainly easier to keep folks hating each other than to try and justify their actions in office.

PureX

Veteran Member
It is certainly easier to keep folks hating each other than to try and justify their actions in office.
The real controllers aren't in office. They're telling the people in office what they're expected to do.

Not Trump, though. He's his own plutocrat. An oligarchy of one, out to screw EVERYBODY.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The real controllers aren't in office. They're telling the people in office what they're expected to do.
Something we agree on.

Not Trump, though. He's his own plutocrat. An oligarchy of one, out to screw EVERYBODY.
Why people in power hate him.
Except maybe for the few who think they can ride his coat tails.

Firenze

Premium Member
Trump said that they let him do it.

If a friend of mine gropes my bottom, and I let him do it, I give my consent.
So, anything Trump says is automatically true? Are you really that gullible? At least 18 women claim they were sexually assaulted by Trump and did not give consent.
If you have friends that grope you prior to your consent, perhaps you need better friends - unless they are simply responding to a known need you have to be objectified.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I condemn the vandalism and all the raging and destructive deeds.
At least those people had a noble cause, no matter how illegal it was.
Noble cause? They were trying to subvert democracy because their guy lost.
Au contraire...it's disheartening to see all those feminists hating Trump because they are afraid he can rape them...
that's trivializing politics.
Hating Trump just because he is a straight WASP.
I dislike Trump for myriad reasons. None of them have anything at all with him being heterosexual.
His attitude and behaviours towards women (and most humans) are appalling to me. The fact that he's a civilly liable sexual abuser is appalling to me. The fact that anyone supports a civilly liable sexual abuser is appalling to me.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Noble cause? They were trying to subvert democracy because their guy lost.

The end doesn't justify the means. Illegal means are always bad.
I dislike Trump for myriad reasons. None of them have anything at all with him being heterosexual.
His attitude and behaviours towards women (and most humans) are appalling to me. The fact that he's a civilly liable sexual abuser is appalling to me. The fact that anyone supports a civilly liable sexual abuser is appalling to me.
If he had been gay, all these details wouldn't have existed.
So...if Trump had been gay, wouldn't it have been better?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No, there is obviously a difference between incompetence and idiocy that causes unintentional harm and actual intent to cause harm.

The point is that a person who's, say, killed as a result of apathy and negligence is just as dead as if they were intentionally murdered.

Our actions are a reflection of our character. If someone you considered a friend votes for policies that will harm you - even if this harm is just an unintentional "side effect" - then this is a demonstration of how much your well-being matters to your so-called friend.

Hmm, maybe? I honestly don't know what reasoning people use to support Trump so I couldn't comment on that. I would still contend that most of his supporters genuinely believe he will do more good than harm to society. They're wrong of course, but there is a difference between being wrong and being evil.

Any calculus of good versus harm is going to involve value judgments. An overall "more good" or "more harm" depends on translating everything to a common basis. What's the "exhange rate" between a dollar of GDP vs. a degree of mean sea temperature increase vs. A dollar in your personal wage vs. 1% risk that a trans kid will be killed by classmates?

Someone deciding that a politician's platform is worth supporting despite the fact that it will severely harms you tells us that this person doesn't put much value on your well-being.

I didn't say that. Anyone has the right to end a friendship for whatever reason they want.
So it is a reason to end a friendship, then. Glad we cleared that up.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Give it a break. :rolleyes:
I think it's true that oligarchs are poisoning every aspect of society, and that they do indeed love it when the rest of us quibble. I do NOT think there is some oligarch-driven-conspiracy however, there is no need for one.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
-The US has increasingly become politically polarized in recent decades.
-A third of respondents in a recent poll said they can't even be friends with rival party supporters.
-A similar poll in 2016 found that 7% of voters reported friendships ending because of the election.
I'll roughly define "oligarchs" as that tiny subset of people and large corporations that own most everything.

It seems to me that oligarchs are astoundingly short-sighted. They're interested in enriching themselves in the short run. They do not seem to care about long term sustainability. I don't think we should underestimate them, they're smart. But they act as if society, civilzation, and the planet are infinitely f#@k-with-able. As if they can endlessly steal and pollute and things will not fall apart. Of course, this is not true.

I think this has led to widespread economic instability and very justified, wide spread fear about the future. When a population is in this kind of situation, it's natural that things will get polarized.

As a population we need to wake up and see that we have a common enemy, the oligarchy, and band together to defang them.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The end doesn't justify the means. Illegal means are always bad.
I asked what is noble about it.
If he had been gay, all these details wouldn't have existed.
So...if Trump had been gay, wouldn't it have been better?
If he were gay, he'd probably be doing it to men and I still wouldn't like him.
He does treat other men like crap as well. Hell, he pretty much treats everyone like crap, as far as I can tell. Unless you give him 100% blind loyalty, that is.