• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The illustration in the post #61 above
3POyupA.gif

Is it not against Ahimsa, the creed invented in the Post-Vedic period, please?
Regards

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The illustration in the post #61 above
3POyupA.gif

Is it not against Ahimsa, the creed invented in the Post-Vedic period, please?
Regards

It means this thread is going around in circles and getting nowhere.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Further to post #1in this thread and post #64 in another thread where I colored attributes of God in green.
Please note these attributes of God with some attributes given in Quran in its very first chapter:

The Holy Quran : Chapter 1: Al-Fatihah الفَاتِحَة

[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
[1:3] The Gracious, the Merciful,
[1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1
Does one find the attributes of God mentioned in Veda similar in essence with those mentioned in Quran?
Amazing!!!???
And Quran definitely does not support "no-God" and "Irreligious" stance of Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism/Humanism. Does it? Please

Regards

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram J ji

No, non, nyet, nein, ohee, eeay. YOU claim they are revealed. Again for the 1,000th time, the Vedas are not revealed.

Vedas are Apaurusheya : authorless , thus they are self existing , thus yes they revealed them selves to the pure mind of the Vedic Rishis , ......

if they are not revelaed then what are they ?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
namaskaram J ji

Vedas are Apaurusheya : authorless , thus they are self existing , thus yes they revealed them selves to the pure mind of the Vedic Rishis , ......

if they are not revelaed then what are they ?

You are misreading and misunderstanding... they weren't revealed in the way the Quran and Bible were revealed, by literally being spoken by God or one of his messengers to a man. No one revealed the knowledge of the Vedas.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Prabhu ji

You are misreading and misunderstanding... they weren't revealed in the way the Quran and Bible were revealed, by literally being spoken by God or one of his messengers to a man. No one revealed the knowledge of the Vedas.

.......Again for the 1,000th time, the Vedas are not revealed.

let us settle the argument by googling it , type in , ...''vedas revealed truth''

.....and see what an actual Bharatia has to say about his own culture ......

VEDA-THE REVEALED WISDOM

The Vedas are the eternal truths revealed by God to the great ancient Rishis of India. The word Rishi means a Seer, from dris, to see. He is the Mantra-Drashta, seer of Mantra or thought. The thought was not his own. The Rishis saw the truths or heard them. Therefore, the Vedas are what are heard (Sruti). The Rishi did not write. He did not create it out of his mind. He was the seer of thought which existed already. He was only the spiritual discoverer of the thought. He is not the inventor of the Veda.
http://www.dlshq.org/religions/vedas.htm .....
SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA

I am not selecting this was the first to come up , ....

another , ....giving the Gaudia veiw, ....

The source of all sources, the Supreme Personality of godhead Sri Krishna first revealed the Vedic knowledge to Brahma. Brahma passed the Vedas on to Narada Muni,who passed them to Vyasa. The Origin of the VedasSrila Vyasadeva, who is the literally incarnation of Lord Vishnu,compiled the Vedic literatures. If one wants to be protected fromignorance even in this age of Kali, one may consult the books left by Srila Vyasadeva: the Upanishads, Vedanta sutra, Mahabharata, SrimadBhagavatam, and the other seventeen puranas.Vedas - The Manual for MankindThe Vedas are directly the word of God revealed at the time of creation. When you buy a motor cycle, you get an instructionmanualexplaining how to use it. Similarly, at the time of creation, God gave us the Vedic scriptures for direction on how to behave in this world,which is like a complicated machine. If you fail to study the manual,before using the motor cycle, you can expect an accident. In thesame way, People who fail to study the Vedas, which are the word of God, but lead life dictated by their own minds, find themselves in a total mess. Modern man has made a messy world by neglecting the manual supplied by God , ....

Iskcon desire tree

sadly I have to agree .....People who fail to study the Vedas, which are the word of God, but lead life dictated by their own minds, find themselves in a total mess. Modern man has made a messy world by neglecting the manual supplied by God , ....similarly people who fail to see the Vedas as the revealed word of God live in a messy world dominated by their own opinion thus perverting the Vedic wisdom . ...being attatched to their own opinions they are argumentative and dismissive of others , ......in otherwords they only listen to what they perceive as concuring with their already existant opinion , thus ignorance rules in this age of Kali and people are unwilling to learn because they are incapable of addmiting their own ignorance , .....similarly these discussions here are dominated by arguing and rudeness .

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
namaskaram Prabhu ji

let us settle the argument by googling it , type in , ...''vedas revealed truth''

.....and see what an actual Bharatia has to say about his own culture ......

VEDA-THE REVEALED WISDOM

The Vedas are the eternal truths revealed by God to the great ancient Rishis of India.

The next section says All the other religions of the world claim their authority as being delivered by special messengers of God to certain persons, but the Vedas do not owe their authority to any one. They are themselves the authority as they are eternal, as they are the Knowledge of the Lord.

That is the point you're missing in use of the word "revealed". There was no single person to whom or single point in time the Vedas were "revealed". It was over a long period of time to many people at many places, There was no Moses or Mohammed whom God singled out to receive his words. The o.p. Is trying to equate the Vedas with the Quran and Bible. Moreover, the Vedas are not laws or edicts given by God, as the Bible and Quran are.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namakaram Jai ji
The next section says All the other religions of the world claim their authority as being delivered by special messengers of God to certain persons, but the Vedas do not owe their authority to any one. They are themselves the authority as they are eternal, as they are the Knowledge of the Lord.

That is the point you're missing in use of the word "revealed". There was no single person to whom or single point in time the Vedas were "revealed". It was over a long period of time to many people at many places, There was no Moses or Mohammed whom God singled out to receive his words. The o.p. Is trying to equate the Vedas with the Quran and Bible. Moreover, the Vedas are not laws or edicts given by God, as the Bible and Quran are.

I am not missing any point , sadly you are looking for contradictions that suit your argument , ......

There was no single person to whom or single point in time the Vedas were "revealed". It was over a long period of time to many people at many places,

however Vaisnavas belive as I quoted , ......in bold , ......

the Supreme Personality of godhead Sri Krishna first revealed the Vedic knowledge to Brahma. Brahma passed the Vedas on to Narada Muni,who passed them to Vyasa.

the paragraph you refer to speaks about the eternal nature of Veda , ....Knowledge , as Knowledge it self is unchanging , .....but upon creation of this earth planet , ....that Knowledge had to be revealed , .....

it is true also that different portions of knowledge have been revealed at different times according to time place and Circumstance , .....take for instance Krsna's statment in the Gita , ....

sri-bhagavan uvaca
imam vivasvate yogam
proktavan aham avyayam
vivasvan manave praha
manur iksvakave 'bravit

The Blessed Lord said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvān, and Vivasvān instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Ikṣvāku. Ch ..4 V ..1

in each case the revealation is 'apauruseya', superhuman , .....and each were revealed to a being lesser than the supreme himself who is synonomous with both knowledge and wisdom in its spoken form .

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
namakaram Jai ji
I am not missing any point , sadly you are looking for contradictions that suit your argument , ......
the Supreme Personality of godhead Sri Krishna first revealed the Vedic knowledge to Brahma. Brahma passed the Vedas on to Narada Muni,who passed them to Vyasa.
the paragraph you refer to speaks about the eternal nature of Veda , ....Knowledge , as Knowledge it self is unchanging , .....but upon creation of this earth planet , ....that Knowledge had to be revealed , .....
it is true also that different portions of knowledge have been revealed at different times according to time place and Circumstance , .....take for instance Krsna's statment in the Gita , ....
sri-bhagavan uvaca
imam vivasvate yogam
proktavan aham avyayam
vivasvan manave praha
manur iksvakave 'bravit
The Blessed Lord said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvān, and Vivasvān instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Ikṣvāku. Ch ..4 V ..1

in each case the revealation is 'apauruseya', superhuman , .....and each were revealed to a being lesser than the supreme himself who is synonomous with both knowledge and wisdom in its spoken form .
"it is true also that different portions of knowledge have been revealed at different times according to time place and Circumstance"
I agree with what I have colored in magenta. Please
Regards

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not missing any point , sadly you are looking for contradictions that suit your argument

The only argument I have is that the word "revealed" is being applied improperly, in order to conflate the origins of the Vedas, Quran, and Bible. They are contradictory.

Vaishnavas are not the whole of Hinduism.