• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d!

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Aupmanyav ji

Ratiben, people may disagree with me but I am Lord Krishna and none other. There is nothing else in the world. Even you are that. ;)
Please remember, I am an 'advaitist'. And 'advaitists' are a different breed. :D

prabhu ji , ....all here know you to be your own version of Hinduism , you are different bread even from most 'advaitists', ...however in my mind you are free to think as you will , .....

yes in some respects I am that , ...but not in Fullness , .and you Prabhu much as we love you , and it is true that you have paramatma at the heart , ...you are not our Kanhaiya , .....

By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me, but I am not in them.

And yet everything that is created does not rest in Me. Behold My mystic opulence! Although I am the maintainer of all living entities, and although I am everywhere, still My Self is the very source of creation.

As the mighty wind, blowing everywhere, always rests in ethereal space know that in the same manner all beings rest in Me. chapter ..9 verses ..4 - 6

von bek

Namaskaram young changling ji

I am perplexed , .....as a Buddhist you did not beleive , or would not accept any remotely theistic slant but now you reapear in a new identity , ......as a Helenistic Polytheist , .prehaps you will explain this change later ? ......however , ...I wish you well :)

No need to be perplexed. I do not believe in the type of god that you see Krishna as, an eternal one god that is the single source of all things in the universe. I fully accept multiplicity. I believe in the gods, I have said that on numerous occasions. I began worshipping the Greek gods as a kid, (I'm 38, now) so this is nothing new. I tattooed the symbol of Hermes on my chest over ten years ago.

On the subject of Buddhism, I have always said that there is room for the gods; but, not God as understood by monotheists, or advaitins for that matter. Personally, there are some aspects of Buddhist thought I have found myself moving away from. Enough so that I feel it best to emphasize my pagan beliefs as they have taken front and center in my life. There is still much wisdom I find in the Buddha's teachings and have by no means completely disregarded them. I just think it most honest to present myself as I am, which is what I have been for most of my life. A pagan who worships the Hellenic gods.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Von bek ji

No need to be perplexed. I do not believe in the type of god that you see Krishna as, an eternal one god that is the single source of all things in the universe. I fully accept multiplicity. I believe in the gods, I have said that on numerous occasions. I began worshipping the Greek gods as a kid, (I'm 38, now) so this is nothing new. I tattooed the symbol of Hermes on my chest over ten years ago.

May I ask a polite question , .....If one belives in a multiplicity of gods , rather than one eternal source of all ..where do these gods come from , and where do they go at the end of or dissolution of this material universe ?

On the subject of Buddhism, I have always said that there is room for the gods; but, not God as understood by monotheists, or advaitins for that matter. Personally, there are some aspects of Buddhist thought I have found myself moving away from. Enough so that I feel it best to emphasize my pagan beliefs as they have taken front and center in my life. There is still much wisdom I find in the Buddha's teachings and have by no means completely disregarded them. I just think it most honest to present myself as I am, which is what I have been for most of my life. A pagan who worships the Hellenic gods.

please there is realy no need to explain oneself , but it is interesting perhaps it is a conversation for another day .

but on the subject of Monotheism which is perhaps an awkward word which dosent quite fit when discussing eastern religious beleifs , there must surely be Paramehvara a source of all existance , beings , be they Buddhist gods or Helenic gods ?

von bek

May I ask a polite question , .....If one belives in a multiplicity of gods , rather than one eternal source of all ..where do these gods come from , and where do they go at the end of or dissolution of this material universe ?

The gods come from their parents, like we do! As to ultimate origin of all things, I believe the cosmos itself has given rise to life. But, I do not see the cosmos as a personality, it is impersonal. The gods, who I see as real personalities, came later.

please there is realy no need to explain oneself , but it is interesting perhaps it is a conversation for another day .

but on the subject of Monotheism which is perhaps an awkward word which dosent quite fit when discussing eastern religious beleifs , there must surely be Paramehvara a source of all existance , beings , be they Buddhist gods or Helenic gods ?

Must there be? And if there is, must is be a personality itself?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Von bek ji

The gods come from their parents, like we do! As to ultimate origin of all things, I believe the cosmos itself has given rise to life. But, I do not see the cosmos as a personality, it is impersonal. The gods, who I see as real personalities, came later.

jai jai so gods have parents this at least I can understand , ....but then gods parents have parents , then there is also motivation of goodness which motivates gods to create new gods this is the question all have to answer , ...but for me I canot see that there is not a motivating force , ...that there is not an order to the cosmos , I canot see that it is a random occurance , that Goodness just arose , as in Buddhist beleif all things have a cause , can ther be an efect without cause ? ....

Must there be? And if there is, must is be a personality itself?

to me yes , ....''presonality '' ..in that this supreme source must have characteristics , but it must also be so that these characteristics are beyond our full comprehension , a Vaisnava beleives that there is one original eternal source from which all universes arrise and into which all universes eventualy desolve , this is an eternal cycle ...thinking that this eternality is without atributes would be closer to Advaitin thought , ...

to me if there were not an 'all knowing' , there could not be atainable knowledge , ...if all existance were not pervaded by that supreme knowledge we would have no desire for awakening , ....thus we say that the Supreme is ''all knowing , all seeing and all powerfull'' , ....this canot be possible if the supreme does not posess atributes , ....

so my next question to you , ...if gods are created by parent gods , and if these parent gods posess power which they pass to their offspring , where does their power come from , what is the motivating source of this power ?
where does the power of these elemental gods come from?