• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d!

ratikala

Istha gosthi
ratikala said:
I am not missing any point , sadly you are looking for contradictions that suit your argument

The only argument I have is that the word "revealed" is being applied improperly,

Prabhu ji you are most certainly missing the point , ....I am implying it in one way only , ......शब्दब्रह्मन्

in order to conflate the origins of the Vedas, Quran, and Bible. They are contradictory.

I am talking of the Vedas only , .....

Vaishnavas are not the whole of Hinduism.

exactly , far be it from me to speak for othes , which is why I said , ....''Vaisnava,s beleive'' , ....you may beleive what you like , you may speak for your self , but a Vaisnava belives in the Authority of the Vedas , a Vaisnava Bows down to the authority of the Supreme Personality thus the also bow down to his word as the Supreme and his Word are non different , ......

how ever as a Hindu you may worship as you see fit , ......

However in the Gita Sri Baghavan teaches Arjuna thus , ....

ye 'py anya-devata-bhakta
yajante sraddhayanvitah
te 'pi mam eva kaunteya
yajanty avidhi-purvakam

Whatever a man may sacrifice to other gods, O son of Kuntī, is really meant for Me alone, but it is offered without true understanding. Bhagavad Gita ch ..9 v ..23

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
exactly , far be it from me to speak for othes , which is why I said , ....''Vaisnava,s beleive'' , ....you may beleive what you like , you may speak for your self , but a Vaisnava belives in the Authority of the Vedas , a Vaisnava Bows down to the authority of the Supreme Personality thus the also bow down to his word as the Supreme and his Word are non different , ......
how ever as a Hindu you may worship as you see fit , ......
However in the Gita Sri Baghavan teaches Arjuna thus , ....
ye 'py anya-devata-bhakta
yajante sraddhayanvitah
te 'pi mam eva kaunteya
yajanty avidhi-purvakam
Whatever a man may sacrifice to other gods, O son of Kuntī, is really meant for Me alone, but it is offered without true understanding. Bhagavad Gita ch ..9 v ..23
"a Vaisnava belives in the Authority of the Vedas , a Vaisnava Bows down to the authority of the Supreme Personality thus the also bow down to his word as the Supreme and his Word are non different , ......"

I agree with what I have colored in magenta, it being reasonable. Please
Regards

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Jainarayan ji
But this thread isn't, and therein lies the problem.

As far as I can see the Paarasurrey ji is asking all present to recognise that he is indeed reading fron the Vedas , ...and that he is not quoting from the Koran , ......on the other hand the hindus seem to be speaking all sorts of noncence like suggesting that he is reading from Zakir Naik when the OP has allready given a reference to the fact that he is reading Devi Chands translation , .......personaly I think there is needless concern that there is some sort of conspiricy at hand ,?....is it written somewher that a Muslim canot take an interest in the Vedas ?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram prabhu ji

From the smallest particle within an atom to the largest of stars, everything is a manifestation of God. The universe is the living breathing God that evolves with the supreme consciousness called Brahman.
Deities are simply elevated minds that can manipulate matter with their minds.

surely prabhu if you follow the Vaisnava tradition then do you not see the Deity as being nondifferent to the Supreme himself enacting one lila or another , .....?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaskaram Jainarayan ji

As far as I can see the Paarasurrey ji is asking all present to recognise that he is indeed reading fron the Vedas , ...and that he is not quoting from the Koran , ......on the other hand the hindus seem to be speaking all sorts of noncence like suggesting that he is reading from Zakir Naik when the OP has allready given a reference to the fact that he is reading Devi Chands translation , .......personaly I think there is needless concern that there is some sort of conspiricy at hand ,?....is it written somewher that a Muslim canot take an interest in the Vedas ?

It's not an interest in the Vedas, it's an attempt to pick them apart trying to find contradictions and inconsistencies that show them to be inferior to the Quran. That will happen when we can get tickets to Disney On Ice in the Sahara in July... no scripture is superior or inferior to another.

There's no desire to read them when most of the posts are copy/pastes asking the audience to provide quotes. Well, if "one" is reading and studying, why is "one" asking for quotes? For example, the silliness over the words "peace" and "ahimsā" in the Rig Veda.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Jainarayan ji

It's not an interest in the Vedas, it's an attempt to pick them apart trying to find contradictions and inconsistencies that show them to be inferior to the Quran.

please show me where in this thread the OP has compaired the Vedas to the Quran ?

the post title clearly , ..well at least it is clear to me , .....says .....

Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d!

it is a question , ...it is very simple to see from the quotes given that the prabhu is reading the Vedas , .....

unless you can show me where in this post the op says thet the Veda is inferior , I will continue to chalenge your assumption that the Prabhus intentions are hostile , ....

That will happen when we can get tickets to Disney On Ice in the Sahara in July... no scripture is superior or inferior to another.

your facitiousness is becoming very tiring , ...if no one scripture is superior to another then there is no harm in comparing scriptures , ..except I do not see any comparing of scriptures , I see only needless Bullying and avoidance in answering very simple questions , .....

There's no desire to read them when most of the posts are copy/pastes asking the audience to provide quotes. Well, if "one" is reading and studying, why is "one" asking for quotes? .

we all know that translations differ greatly , in many instances reading different translations helps us to clear up missunderstandings , ...

For example, the silliness over the words "peace" and "ahimsā" in the Rig Veda.

when a reader sees that there are many references in the Vedas to gods engaging in battle he may well ask this question , ....especialy when Hindus them selves seem to be at odds as to the meaning behind some statments , some hold that these references to war are a metaphor for the internal battle against ignorance , others hold that the Vedas support the Arian invaison theories ??? ...if we ourselves canot agree whether these accounts are literal or metaphorical , then how is a non Hindu suppost to understand without asking questions or wishing to discuss ?

I simply do not see the need for hostility , Vedas contain eternal knowledge , once upon a time Bhumi Devi was one we have now devided her , now we argue as to who owns the right to this eternal knowledge , .....in order to return peace to this earth planet and to live again in harmony with Bhumi Devi and all who occupy her we need to learn to share and to be able to give up ths fixed I , Me and Mine , ....this is the Purport of the Vedas , ....now please let us discuss the Vedas without interuption .

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"a Vaisnava belives in the Authority of the Vedas , a Vaisnava Bows down to the authority of the Supreme Personality thus the also bow down to his word as the Supreme and his Word are non different, .."
I agree with what I have colored in magenta, it being reasonable.
A Vaishnava does not deny the existence of other Gods though Lord Vishnu will be taken as Supreme. Similarly, a Shaiva will consider Shiva to be Supreme but will not deny Vishnu. A Shakta will consider the Mother Goddess as Supreme but will not deny Vishnu or Shiva. A Smarta will consider all the three and more as equal. That is Hinduism for you. A Vaishnava is not a monotheist in the Abrahamic sense, 'lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh' or 'I am thy Lord God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.' A Vaishava still will have a thousand Gods.

In the Hindu Kingdom of God, the work is well-distributed. There is a God of fate, a God of death, a Goddess of learning, a God to remove difficulties, a God of architecture, a God of health, and so on. And the work is done immediately. One does not wait till Qiyamah for everything and people do not rot in graves.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaskaram Jainarayan ji

please show me where in this thread the OP has compaired the Vedas to the Quran ?

the post title clearly , ..well at least it is clear to me , .....says .....

I didn't say it's in this thread. I said "There's no desire to read them when most of the posts are copy/pastes asking the audience to provide quotes. Well, if "one" is reading and studying, why is "one" asking for quotes? For example, the silliness over the words "peace" and "ahimsā" in the Rig Veda." That is referring to the corpus of posts about the Vedas. However, if you can't see an equating of the Quran and the Vedas with a title like
Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? then I don't know what to say.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
A Vaishnava does not deny the existence of other Gods though Lord Vishnu will be taken as Supreme. Similarly, a Shaiva will consider Shiva to be Supreme but will not deny Vishnu. A Shakta will consider the Mother Goddess as Supreme but will not deny Vishnu or Shiva. A Smarta will consider all the three and more as equal. That is Hinduism for you. A Vaishnava is not a monotheist in the Abrahamic sense, 'lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh' or 'I am thy Lord God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.' A Vaishava still will have a thousand Gods.
In the Hindu Kingdom of God, the work is well-distributed. There is a God of fate, a God of death, a Goddess of learning, a God to remove difficulties, a God of architecture, a God of health, and so on. And the work is done immediately. One does not wait till Qiyamah for everything and people do not rot in graves.
"There is a God of fate, a God of death, a Goddess of learning, a God to remove difficulties, a God of architecture, a God of health, and so on"
"god of fate", "god of death", "goddess of learning", "god to remove difficulties", "god of health"

Commenting on the sentence colored in magenta.
Quran describes these as separate attributes of G-d like,"god of fate":

[6:97] He causes the break of day; and He made the night for rest and the sun and the moon for reckoning time. That is the decree* of the Mighty, the Wise.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=6&verse=96
*fate
Please
Regards

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram prabhu ji

I didn't say it's in this thread. I said "There's no desire to read them when most of the posts are copy/pastes asking the audience to provide quotes. Well, if "one" is reading and studying, why is "one" asking for quotes? For example, the silliness over the words "peace" and "ahimsā" in the Rig Veda." That is referring to the corpus of posts about the Vedas. However, if you can't see an equating of the Quran and the Vedas with a title like
Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? then I don't know what to say.

if you canot see the ? at the end of the sentance

if all you can do is follow people around complaining , ....(which is Trolling isnt it ???) ...and as you have nothing constructive to add , ....and no more to say , ...... then please , please feel free to remain silenrt , so that I and any with a serious interest can continue to read this post in peace , we can even discuss the Quran in your absence , ...

but before you go please answer a simple question earlier I raised this point in adress to you , ...you egnore it , ......

when a reader sees that there are many references in the Vedas to gods engaging in battle he may well ask this question , ....especialy when Hindus them selves seem to be at odds as to the meaning behind some statments , some hold that these references to war are a metaphor for the internal battle against ignorance , others hold that the Vedas support the Arian invaison theories ??? ...if we ourselves canot agree whether these accounts are literal or metaphorical , then how is a non Hindu suppost to understand without asking questions or wishing to discuss ?

please answer point above in bold , ...

I simply do not see the need for hostility , Vedas contain eternal knowledge , once upon a time Bhumi Devi was one we have now devided her , now we argue as to who owns the right to this eternal knowledge , .....in order to return peace to this earth planet and to live again in harmony with Bhumi Devi and all who occupy her we need to learn to share and to be able to give up ths fixed I , Me and Mine , ....this is the Purport of the Vedas , ....now please let us discuss the Vedas without interuption .

Knowledge must be free and accessable to all who sincerely seek it , ........

von bek

It is sad to see someone defending someone else who would erase their entire religious identity if given the chance.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Aupmanyav ji

true we respect all gods but as Demi gods there is only one Supreme , ...Any Vaisnava and understands the who reads the Gita will respect the words of Bhagavan Sri Krsna as being authoritive , ......

Whatever a man may sacrifice to other gods, O son of Kuntī, is really meant for Me alone, but it is offered without true understanding.

I am the only enjoyer and the only object of sacrifice. Those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down.

Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; those who worship ancestors go to the ancestors; and those who worship Me will live with Me. Bhagavad Gita .... ch ..9 v ..23 -25

Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, offer obeisances and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me. ch ..9 v ..34

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram young changling ji

I am perplexed , .....as a Buddhist you did not beleive , or would not accept any remotely theistic slant but now you reapear in a new identity , ......as a Helenistic Polytheist , .prehaps you will explain this change later ? ......however , ...I wish you well :)

It is sad to see someone defending someone else who would erase their entire religious identity if given the chance.

Oh ye of little faith , .......you think anyone can erase Veda it is impossible , ......I am merely inviting conversation on the true nature of the Vedas , .....

but now you have ceased to lurk in the wings , ....let us actualy continue with discussion upon the nature of God the Absolute as eluded to in the Vedas , .....

please please rather than being sadened , ..ask your self Why ? .... or prehaps on seccond thoughts dont , people round here seem to be running a little too high on the assumptions at the moment , .....too much rajas too much tamas , ....not enough Sattva , .....;)

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram prabhu ji's

please who can appreciate this

Rig Veda 9.73.8

R^itasya gopA na dabhAya sukratustrI Sha pavitrA hR^idyantarA dadhe |
vidvAn.h sa vishvA bhuvanAbhi pashyatyavAjuShTAn.h vidhyati karte
avratAn.h ||

The fruits realized by him who purifies speech by extolling Ishvara are now stated. He cannot be anyone but a protector of AtmavidyA. He is free from hypocrisy, wretchedness, etc. He is endowed with the triad of GYAna, compassion, and valor. He knows the Self and sees the universe in its entirety. He protects the helpless and destroys his enemies with his valor., .......

and please @von bek ji do you think this one can be defeated or ecliped ???

ratikala

Istha gosthi

thank you ji , ......you have inadvertantly put your finger on the big problem here with the word 'Identify' , .....

there is a big big difference between a person who seeks an Identity and one who knows his true self , ...one who knows his true nature canot ever un know it , no one can erase this knowledge , when one understands ones true nature one can go beyond the petty confines of religious identity and see and glorify truth where ever it exists , ...this person is fearless nothing can steal , defeat or erase that knowledge , ...this is Wisdom , ....''GYAna'

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Any Vaisnava and understands the who reads the Gita will respect the words of Bhagavan Sri Krsna as being authoritive, ..
Ratiben, people may disagree with me but I am Lord Krishna and none other. There is nothing else in the world. Even you are that. ;)
Please remember, I am an 'advaitist'. And 'advaitists' are a different breed. :D

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram

What good will it do? If you want to defend someone mocking your scriptures, have at it.

Prabhu ji , ..it seems that you are avoiding my question , .....

A, ......how is this your reply ananswer to above question , ......if we ourselves canot agree whether these accounts are literal or metaphorical , then how is a non Hindu suppost to understand without asking questions or wishing to discuss ?

B, ....as of yet you still have to show me were Paarasurrey is mocking Hinduism

All I am interested in is harmony between faiths , ....please show me how your attitude promotes harmony and understanding ?