• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yet whenever I have visited a Hinduism temple, I see a statues everywhere in the temples.
In the picture given by you and copied by me above, the priest or the pujari is doing it before a live fire, for which a statue could not be made, perhaps they are doing it in contemporary Hinduism, which might have not been done earlier in he ancient times, if you are right. Right? Please
Regards

Aren't Hindu temples beautiful places? Most likely all the Vedas were written from within the precincts of Hindu temples.

In the case of fire, it works the same way as a murthy. It conducts the energy and is a conduit for prayers just like a murthy is.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Aren't Hindu temples beautiful places? Most likely all the Vedas were written from within the precincts of Hindu temples.
In the case of fire, it works the same way as a murthy. It conducts the energy and is a conduit for prayers just like a murthy is.
I only visited a few. The beauty of a temple is the insight of its worshipers and their understanding of them G-d/Brahman, not its outward precincts.
I don't agree that Vedas were necessarily revealed in a contemporary temple.
Please quote from the Yajurveda to prove one's viewpoint.
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think temples are beautiful; on the outside as well. So colourful and inspiring. But yes, so are the devotees. Vedas were probably revealed in a cave actually.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't agree that Vedas were necessarily revealed in a contemporary temple.
Please quote from the Yajurveda to prove one's viewpoint.

No one ever said they were. As @Vinayaka said, they were probably revealed in a cave, among other places... forests, river banks, a village hut, a mountainside. There is a valley that's described as being a place were the rishis heard the Veda.

And if I see the Y-word one more time to be cited, I'm sure I'll stick pins in my eyes... that would be less painful and probably more fun.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
No one ever said they were. As @Vinayaka said, they were probably revealed in a cave, among other places... forests, river banks, a village hut, a mountainside. There is a valley that's described as being a place were the rishis heard the Veda.

And if I see the Y-word one more time to be cited, I'm sure I'll stick pins in my eyes... that would be less painful and probably more fun.
Now Now. I don't understand how that would be more fun. Please expain, (misspelling intended) and quote from the Yajurveda how this is true.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Now Now. I don't understand how that would be more fun. Please expain, (misspelling intended) and quote from the Yajurveda how this is true.

Whose translation? This a very important concern. :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If we wait long enough, the man they know as Paarsurrey will learn Sanskrit from the man we know as Aup, and then he can do the best translation ever.

And I might become Anoushka Shankar's sitar tutor. :D :D :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The teachings of Vedas are to be propagated and spread. Right? Why should one conceal or suppress it?
That is no obligation on us. The books are available. They are on internet. Those who want to read them will do so. If someone does not do that, it is none of our worries. That will not be a reason to send the person to an eternal hell. Hinduism is not a predator religion. :)
If we wait long enough, the man they know as Paarsurrey will learn Sanskrit from the man we know as Aup, and then he can do the best translation ever.
IMHO, it will take a few life-times. But I never loose heart. :D

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d!

Further to post #1 in the thread, please.

Yajurveda CHAPTER XXXIII (33) Verses 39-40

39. Verily, O God, Thou art great, truly, Indestructible, Omniscient
God, thou art great.
As Thou art great indeed Thy greatness is admired. Yea, verily
Thou , God, art great.
40. Yea, God, Thou art great in fame. Thou, evermore, O God,
art great. Thou by Thy greatness art the friend of the learned from the
beginning, the Well-wisher of vital breaths, Unconquerable, Ubiquitous,
and Refulgent.
https://archive.org/stream/yajurveda029670mbp/yajurveda029670mbp_djvu.txt

One! Now, please don't ask me to quote from Quran on the same lines as above. Please
Veda refuted the book of Christopher Hitchens "God is not Great". How many years ago?! Please
Anybody, please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It is a Universal reality, yet Christopher Hitchens did not know it and wrote a book "God is not Great". Right? Please
Regards

No its not. There are only opinions on what this universal reality is. Hitchens has every right to his opinion as you do as I do. Once again: Other people are ALLOWED to think differently than you. It's human diversity.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
It is a Universal reality, yet Christopher Hitchens did not know it and wrote a book "God is not Great". Right? Please
Regards
No its not. There are only opinions on what this universal reality is. Hitchens has every right to his opinion as you do as I do. Once again: Other people are ALLOWED to think differently than you. It's human diversity.
He,Christopher Hitchens, attacked Hinduism and I am refuting him from Yajurveda.
Yes, he expressed his opinion, and I am giving my opinion. Right? Please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
paarsurrey said:
Regards

He,Christopher Hitchens, attacked Hinduism and I am refuting him from Yajurveda.
Yes, he expressed his opinion, and I am giving my opinion. Right? Please
Regards

Actually Hitchens attacks theism, in particularly the Abrahamic version. Perhaps this has changed lately, but what I read a couple of years back he said he didn't know much about Hinduism or Buddhism, and that he knew Hindus have atheistic schools. Do you have a link to where he ATTACKED us?

On a personal note, I feel Hinduism is far closer to atheism than it is to Abrahamism. We share a lot. (Loot at this forum, Aup and I are about 9%% in agreement.)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Actually Hitchens attacks theism, in particularly the Abrahamic version. Perhaps this has changed lately, but what I read a couple of years back he said he didn't know much about Hinduism or Buddhism, and that he knew Hindus have atheistic schools. Do you have a link to where he ATTACKED us?
On a personal note, I feel Hinduism is far closer to atheism than it is to Abrahamism. We share a lot. (Loot at this forum, Aup and I are about 9%% in agreement.)
The book is available online, and there is an index also. Please see it yourself.
I know that Hinduism people are mostly Atheistic to some extent.
Atheism is an ideology with no reasonable basis. It is for this that I being a believer of Quran has also to defend the Vedas. After-all Vedas are claimed to be a revealed scripture, in the origin at least.
Anybody here who is a 100% believer in Vedas as a revealed scripture?
Regards

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

:facepalm:

You base this on what?

After-all Vedas are claimed to be a revealed scripture, in the origin at least

No, non, nyet, nein, ohee, eeay. YOU claim they are revealed. Again for the 1,000th time, the Vedas are not revealed.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The book is available online, and there is an index also. Please see it yourself.
Atheism is an ideology with no reasonable basis. It is for this that I being a believer of Quran has also to defend the Vedas. After-all Vedas are claimed to be a revealed scripture, in the origin at least.
Anybody here who is a 100% believer in Vedas as a revealed scripture?
Regards

Hindus are mostly theistic. Probably around 98%.
Atheism is just as reasonable as theism. Maybe moreso. Religion isn't in the reason strata of mind.
Believers of Koran should defend Koran.
Vedas are not revealed.

There you go. Is that clear now?