• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama Supreme Court declares frozen embryos are legally children

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The video is over 10 minutes long and you answered 3 minutes after I posted it. You obviously didn't watch it and learn that the proof was already provided for you, but you refused to see it.
But go ahead, dig yourself deeper.
I didn't watch it because I am aware of what a chemical abortion is. As usual you are running away from your burden of proof.

EDIT: Oh, and a more proper term is "medication abortion". But she looks too old for her mother to have had a medical abortion. Those began in the late 1970's.

We Never Know

No Slack
There are many verses throughout the Bible that talk about the "breath of life."

There are other verses that equate life with the blood. The earliest that we could really say an embryo has blood is around day 20, when it starts to circulate a fluid that has red blood cells in it.

Either way, we're talking about something further along than the 5-day blastocysts used for IVF.
Where in the bible does it say "life begins with the first breath"?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If you believe that life begins at conception, then a fertilized human egg should receive the same legal consideration whether or not that egg is in a woman's body or not. Doing a carve-out for IVF is thus negating that belief. Saying that killing a human being ok outside the mother's body but not inside it is to me unsupportable

Last edited:

Laniakea

Not of this world
Videos are not "evidence". Unless you are willing to pay someone for their time. They are just more empty claims. I explained to you why it failed. If you have no answer to that then you have in effect admitted that you were wrong.
Still not interested in your excuses.
Got anything else?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Still not interested in your excuses.
Got anything else?
Once again, those are not excuses. It seems that you do not want to provide any evidence for your claims. That is fine with me.

I tell you what, give me the time stamp when she says that it is was a medical abortion and I will watch it from there. Make sure that it is within a minute of the event. I am not watching the whole thing.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Once again, those are not excuses. It seems that you do not want to provide any evidence for your claims. That is fine with me.

I tell you what, give me the time stamp when she says that it is was a medical abortion and I will watch it from there. Make sure that it is within a minute of the event. I am not watching the whole thing.
The term is "chemical abortion".
Did you already forget what you were talking about?

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, I corrected myself. The term is "medical abortion'. It is done with chemicals. That is what medication is. How did her mother attempt to abort her?
With chemicals (known as "medications" to those who want to sanitize the actual effect of killing a child in the womb).

Laniakea

Not of this world
Where is the evidence for that? What year did she attempt the abortion? That alone could refute her claim.
You wanted evidence, so I provided the video. It's up to you to watch it. Refusing to do so is simply your way of not wanting to hear the facts.
I expect you'll continue to refuse.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You wanted evidence, so I provided the video. It's up to you to watch it. Refusing to do so is simply your way of not wanting to hear the facts.
No, I wanted evidence for a particular claim. You did not provide any. A video on its own is worthless if you are not wiling to show how it supports you.

I will sometimes provide videos for people that want to learn, but I rarely provide them as evidence.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

Nobody here should be faulted for failing to carry out homework assignments. You can't argue with a video any more than you can argue with a book. Moreover, not everyone will interpret the propaganda materials you assign with the same level of credibility that you brought to them. So you still need to make your case here in your own words.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nobody here should be faulted for failing to carry out homework assignments. You can't argue with a video any more than you can argue with a book. Moreover, not everyone will interpret the propaganda materials you assign with the same level of credibility that you brought to them. So you still need to make your case here in your own words.
I skimmed through the video, now she may say what sort of procedure that she went through somewhere in it, but all I ever heard the mother say was "the procedure did not work". That tells us nothing about the sort of abortion that was attempted. Her body is physically deformed which to me indicates that it was some sort of physical abortion attempt, not a medical one. I can't prove that. So I will not say that it was definitely some sort of surgical attempt, but that is what it looks like to me. Also it would have been at best very early in the use of medical abortions when they were very rare. So to me it looks more like a botched physical abortion rather than one done by drugs. I could be wrong. Give me some evidence is all that I have asked and none was to be given.

I wonder if she will admit that she had none.