• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama Supreme Court declares frozen embryos are legally children

F1fan

Veteran Member
Let me help you.

When I was young I used to read the bible. It does state something like -god formed man form the dirt or dust and breathed the breath of life into him.

So a lifeless man made from dirt/dust is quite different from a fetus that is already alive.
You didn’t help. I guess you didn’t read with much comprehension. Pity.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Let me help you.

When I was young I used to read the bible. It does state something like -god formed man form the dirt or dust and breathed the breath of life into him.

So a lifeless man made from dirt/dust is quite different from a fetus that is already alive.
Speaking of a lifeless man made from dust/dirt:

If Adam was indeed a golem, then the test of not eating from the tree of the knowledge of good an evil would prove that Adam was something more than a mere golem:

From the above article:
The existence of a golem is sometimes a mixed blessing. Golems are not intelligent, and if commanded to perform a task, they will perform the instructions literally. In many depictions, golems are inherently perfectly obedient. In its earliest known modern form, the Golem of Chełm became enormous and uncooperative. In one version of this story, the rabbi had to resort to trickery to deactivate it, whereupon it crumbled upon its creator and crushed him.[3]

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are verses that indicate that life begins at thirty days after birth. At the first breath. And some even say at conception. It is not clear at all when the Bible says that life begins. The Bible nowhere opposes abortion and in at least two passages seems to indicate that even a forced abortion is okay and that an accidental one is only worthy of a monetary fine. Now one's personal agenda will often determine which verse a person chooses to support their case. But the antiabortion case in the Bible is very weak. There are special people that God knew of before their birth, but even that is unclear. How far back did God know this person? It does not say at conception, and in fact it could easily be before conception. That is the only verse that even comes close to an antiabortion verse, but again, that was a specific standout person. It was not the run of the mill person.

To me it is rather clear that it is an abuse of the Bible to say that it is antiabortion since the "pro"abortion verses appear to be clearer.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Let me help you.

Bible Search: breath of life
Bible Search: heartbeat

Breathing is equivalent to living in the Bible. The concept of a heartbeat or brain activity as signs of life are entirely modern.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Let me help you.

There are many verses throughout the Bible that talk about the "breath of life."

There are other verses that equate life with the blood. The earliest that we could really say an embryo has blood is around day 20, when it starts to circulate a fluid that has red blood cells in it.

Either way, we're talking about something further along than the 5-day blastocysts used for IVF.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Only to white people, including men. And you think that is helpful? Do you think black citizens are worth less than white citizens, and must be subservient?

For taking an empty seat in the "Whites Only" section of the bus? How is demanding equal rights selfish? Do you not think equal rights is correct for American society?
She broke the law. See post 198, which is what was being addressed.

Laniakea

Not of this world
I may be mistaken but you seem to be the sort that would totally ban abortion. Are you okay with the morning after pill? How about chemical abortions in general?
I'm somewhat open when it comes to saving the life of the mother, or in case of rape.
As for "chemical abortions", you should first look at what that often results in before advocating for it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm somewhat open when it comes to saving the life of the mother, or in case of rape.
As for "chemical abortions", you should first look at what that often results in before advocating for it.
You would have to prove that her damages were from a chemical abortion.

But you also showed that my zygote example did apply to where you would ban abortion. Why even post this nonsense if you were going to admit that I was right anyway?

Laniakea

Not of this world
You would have to prove that her damages were from a chemical abortion.
The video is over 10 minutes long and you answered 3 minutes after I posted it. You obviously didn't watch it and learn that the proof was already provided for you, but you refused to see it.
But go ahead, dig yourself deeper.

Laniakea

Not of this world
She broke an unconstitutional law.

So you are fine with crimes by MAGAs, but not for black folks protesting unconstitutional laws.

Do you think black people are equal to white people?
Do you only follow the laws you agree with?