• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Air France to charge the Obese

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
People who have to buy 2 or more seats because of obesity should be able to buy them at a discounted price, provided that they can prove their obesity.

Why?

Why should they get discounted seats?

Why then based on your idea 2 thin people should not get dicsounted seats because they are traveling together?

Why should two thin people have to pay full price for two seats but one one obese person gets two seats cheaper?

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

I'm here by calling a boycott of Air France...

freedom flies
but fat people pay more cash?

Time.jpg

Baydwin

If you take up two seats, you should pay for two seats.

To be honest, I'm surprised someone who can fill two seats of an aircraft can fit through the plane door. Or for that matter, walk without their legs snapping.

MissAlice

I agree.

Fat people deserve to pay extra for what they've done to themselves.

If they can spend all the money on the food instead of drugs, they deserve this preferential treatment.

dust1n

Zindīq
I agree.

If they can spend all the money on the food instead of drugs, they deserve this preferential treatment.

Funniest thing I've read so far today. I would frubal you if I didn't use all of them in the frubal orgy, but I will reward you with public recognition.

Mr Cheese

I agree.

thats right

crack Ho's should get preferrential treatment, somewhere

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's ironic in the way most people assume thin people.

As long as it doesn't show, you're safe.

As long as you dont take up two seats on an airplane then you dont have to pay for two seats.

Unless you are trying to say other people lets say a "pot head" or an" alcoholic" should get two seats on an airplane the two arent comparable.

Being a pot head or having any other excessive volutantary problem doesnt require two seats physically.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
What has been happening since now? What do obese people do when they buy a ticket if they know they can't fit into one seat? I'm surprised that it hasn't always been a case of having to purchase two seats...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I agree.

Big people deserve to understand that their problem on an airplane shouldnt cost the airlines or other passengers..

Just like if Im a skinny pot head I shouldnt get more than one seat(for the same price) to blow my pot smoke in other passengers faces because I like to smoke pot.

And from what I understand ..they dont "charge extra " for an alcoholic to board but they will refuse to board them period if they are drunk.Same with people who reak and smell bad..They will not even let them bored the plane let alone offer them a second seat at no charge because they smell bad.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Seems reasonable to me, but I can't see how it would be possible to implement without having to ask the height and weight of each passenger during booking. Even then, people carry their weight differently and it doesn't always "spill over". Someone with a huge gut might way as much as someone with a fat butt and monster love handles, but still fit comfortably into a normal seat.

If it were up to me, I'd do something else. Like, for example, have a certain percentage extra-wide seats available for a premium price based on an analysis of the average proportion of overweight passengers. You'd get a discount if you voluntarily book one of those in advance but if you show up at the airport and it turns out you won't fit in a normal seat, you pay more to upgrade.

Kind of like what they do with overweight luggage. If you exceed the allowance and don't book extra in advance because you're trying to save a few bucks, you pay an absolute fortune at the airport. I had to weasel out of a surcharge of nearly a hundred bucks for going 7 or 8 kg over once.

Ciscokid

Apparently obese people who cannot fit into one seat will have to purchase 2. My local news is claiming that this is discrimination against fat people? What do you think?

Personally, discrimination should be a motivation to lose some weight and be healthy.

Article: Air France-KLM to charge obese flyers almost double

In my experience, being fat was almost always a choice. I've known several people who were at one time fat and no longer are. It had everything to do with diet and amount of exercise.

freethinker44

In my experience, being fat was almost always a choice. I've known several people who were at one time fat and no longer are. It had everything to do with diet and amount of exercise.

Sometimes it is just people eating a little too much or not being active enough, but a lot of times it is just genetic and trying to lose weight and keep it off for these people means intense dieting and almost constant exercise which isn't really practical for a normal lifestyle.

Alceste

Vagabond

I think there's a line between the reasonable business interest of recouping the cost of carrying additional weight and wanting to punish / embarrass / humiliate and/or generally make life difficult for obese people. It doesn't really matter whether it's the result of willful overeating or an underactive thyroid, does it?