• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Air France to charge the Obese

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I can see why the additional charge would wound some feelings, but I can't see it as discrimination, it's simply a money making decision. Airlines make money by the seat. If a person's girth takes up the seat next to them and they can't sell it, sounds fair to me to charge for it. At least they give a discount. :p

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I can see why the additional charge would wound some feelings, but I can't see it as discrimination, it's simply a money making decision. Airlines make money by the seat. If a person's girth takes up the seat next to them and they can't sell it, sounds fair to me to charge for it. At least they give a discount. :p

I guess people could argue that the seats should be bigger, rather than they get smaller? That would be sort of discriminatory?

I remember flying from Bankok to Frankfurt 3 years ago and i was in between 2 huge ladies. Every time they moved my ribs cracked, it was awful. I ended up walking around most of the flight.

Fat people should swim instead of flying to lose some weight on the way :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If they're taking up two seats then it's fair to charge them for two seats. That and they're responsible for their own dietary habits.

Dunemeister

As RR says, a way to get around this would be to charge passengers by the pound (kilo for intenational flights) :).

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think its only fair because thin people dont get two seats for the price of one why should anyone else?

Maybe thin people would like to pay one ticket price and be able to have the seat next to them to stretch out thier legs or just invite a friend or family member to come along with then at no additonal charge.

I am wondering how they are going to determine how much to charge a peron sight unseen? If you order tickets online are they going to have to ask people how much they weigh?And how would that work?I suppose they would also have to ask you your height too.Because a man who is 6"1 and 200lbs is a different story than a woman at 5'1 that weighs 200 lbs.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I guess people could argue that the seats should be bigger, rather than they get smaller? That would be sort of discriminatory?

I remember flying from Bankok to Frankfurt 3 years ago and i was in between 2 huge ladies. Every time they moved my ribs cracked, it was awful. I ended up walking around most of the flight.

Fat people should swim instead of flying to lose some weight on the way :)

Thats another option..Offer discounts to thin people that are willing to be squooshed in between two big people.

Love

Dallas

xkatz

People who have to buy 2 or more seats because of obesity should be able to buy them at a discounted price, provided that they can prove their obesity.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If you're spilling over into the next seat, you should either have to pay for that seat, or pay for the seat of the poor person who gets stuck sitting underneath you.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Apparently obese people who cannot fit into one seat will have to purchase 2. My local news is claiming that this is discrimination against fat people? What do you think?
I would love to see the argument they would present in court.
I mean, honestly, how is it discrimination?
If they are using two seats, then they should pay for both seats.

And I do not understand this discount theory that is being tossed out in this thread.
it isn't like they sell the rest of the seat to some one else....

dust1n

Zindīq
Air France knows French people are incredibly skinny, how American's are 1/3rd Obese. This isn't discrimination against fat people, it's discrimination against Americans!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Air France knows French people are incredibly skinny, how American's are 1/3rd Obese. This isn't discrimination against fat people, it's discrimination against Americans!

Actually, the French are quickly catching up. Currently, 15% of French woman and 14% of French men are obese. An additional 26% of woman and 39% of men are overweight. The days of the skinny European are numbered.

MissAlice

I had no idea there was such a thing as obesity in France or in other parts of the world other than america...:p

Europe.jpg

dust1n

Zindīq
Actually, the French are quickly catching up. Currently, 15% of French woman and 14% of French men are obese. An additional 26% of woman and 39% of men are overweight. The days of the skinny European are numbered.

Oh ****.. my preconceived notions of French women were just shattered. :sad4:

MissAlice

Have they learned to shave yet?

I hear it's still a trend for the ladies to have hairy arms and legs.

I guess those frenchmen love their women wild..:flirt:

Last edited: