• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ain Soph Aur

Nehustan

I will have a look around for some resources for you. I could tell you what I know, but offhand it would be without specific references. I suggest you open a thread in the Islam section and put the specific questions i.e. evolution and the journey/resting place of the soul. You will find the brothers and sisters here very helpful.

Nehustan

As a result of a piece of Artwork I did many years ago, I thought I would reproduce it with the aid of photoshop. It nicely sums up many of the posts in this thread, as they say sometimes 'a picture can paint a thousand words'.

Ayat_An_Nur.jpg

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Nehustan said:
I have been pondering how the seven prismatic colours might relate to the tree.

prism21.gif

It is quite normal to refer to the supernal and infernal sephira, and I think that the light which becomes manifest may do so at the point of the abyss/daath, at which point it would then associate the seven refracted colours in the infernal spheres.

It will take me some time to catch up..... I was just introduced to this thread today and there is much to read and comprehend. I read a bit of the first page and then from the back to the front..... Forgive me for being behind at this point.

Can you just give me your synopsis of what your theory is and what information you are looking for to further it? That will help to pick apart what it is I would need to try and help what you messaged me about...... I don't know much about Kabbalah (so not spelled right!), but I can offer a bit on where you wanted your thesis to go towards.

As for the prism: Remember we only "see" a small band with that on each side we do not comprehend very well. What color do you see as each "circle" of the tree? You may be Muslim, but you seem very esoteric as well..... you will understand what I am trying to say if true and better comprehend what I try to say (not so eloquently) about the prism. -There are things that are currently beyond our "philosophy"......

The first thing I read was about the two different lights being mentioned - white and the ever changing (blue, etc.). It reminded me of an article that I just read in last months scientific journal (maybe this months) about the formation of galaxies durring the creation of the Universe. I'll see if I can find that somewhere....... It talks about light, its bands, and why there is "darkness" between galaxies. There is also much as to "blue", "black", and "red" light in physics as well- especially in space.

PM me again, or msg on here- I'll try to catch up this weekend on all this :sad4: SO MUCH TO READ!!!!!!

Nehustan

Hey no problem, I have just woken up after a VERY surreal (if not somewhat disturbing) dream :eek: . I think firstly that the light inferred by the diagram (post #82) containing Ayat An Nur (Sign of The Light) is of a different nature to the mundane light that is 'refracted' into the prismatic colours by the prism. The reason that the prism first came up was due to a post (quoted I think) that was upon Isaac Newton and the connection to the knowledge of/allusion to optics/light prevalent in the Islamic world and certainly within the Quran and Hadith (sayings/traditions of Muhammad), and more widely within the Islamic sciences.

The ten spheres (there is a hidden eleventh - Da'ath) are said to be emanations (sephira), with there source being light bursting into creation. There is really a whole lot I could post on this specific with a little research, but it is often described as 'light' manifesting in Kether/Crown (Sephira 1) descending the tree as a flaming sword...

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. (Genesis 3:24)

flamingsword.jpg

I think my thoughts on how the prism fits into the schema of the tree of life, is very much after the pattern of the flaming sword (as illustrated by the white line in the image above descending the tree). I will very briefly touch on the first 3 (4 if including the invisible sephira - Da'ath/Knowledge). The first sephira is known as the Crown (Kether) (i.e. in a psychological sense and as pertaining to man the Crown of Adam Kadmon OR of the second Adam, Jehehshuah, and thus by implication all 'sons' of Adam [1 or 2]), the second is Wisdom (Chokmah) and the third is Understanding (Binah). I think that if we consider mundane light as a metaphor for the 'light of inspiration' then in its pure state it would descend the first three as 'white light' with the 'refration' beginning to occur at the point of the 'abyss'/Daath/Knowledge. I'm not sure how this would occur fully, certainly not as with the prism, rather I suppose with each following sphere 'filtering' some of the light. The spheres are sometimes related in correspondence to precious stones and metals, so I suppose one could strike the metaphor of each sphere (i.e. the lower seven) being able to correspond to one of the prismatic colours. I would however be very suprised if the attributed precious stones corresponded to the light refractive index we see with the prism (actually not just suprised...I'd be spooked!!!!). This said there is ceratinly an allusion to colour with the spheres, and thus by implication refracted light. As to which sphere corresponds to which colour....I would not exactly know where to begin on this...but maybe simply in an order in relation to frequency/refractive index (not sure if they are the right terms as my physics isn't that great as I said).

Nehustan

I think that my general hypothesis is certainly not to prove science wrong. I'm rather partial to science, having used the basic concept of reproduceabilty to steady myself in rather scarey/surreal times. This said I am also partial to belief systems, and find that I often come across ancient system that seem to have at least some connection to our modern scientific paradigm (this could be simply a 'standing on the shoulders of giants' phenomena). I think then the hypothesis would find itself manifest as theory with the synthesis of the science : mysticism dynamic, by which I mean to imply that they, if not being actually the same but from differnt eras and thus different paradigms, share many synonymous factors. Clear? :eek:

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Have you ever read about 11-Dimensional Theory????? It is an off-shoot of Super-String Theory. It holds that there are actually 11 Dimensons, but the 11th is balled up so tight you can't "access" it...... it is like the infinitely small that is the infinitely large..... like creation in a way.........

We live in very few dimensions and don't comprehend all the dimensions.... mathematically there are only 11!

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Nehustan said:
I think that my general hypothesis is certainly not to prove science wrong. I'm rather partial to science, having used the basic concept of reproduceabilty to steady myself in rather scarey/surreal times. This said I am also partial to belief systems, and find that I often come across ancient system that seem to have at least some connection to our modern scientific paradigm (this could be simply a 'standing on the shoulders of giants' phenomena). I think then the hypothesis would find itself manifest as theory with the synthesis of the science : mysticism dynamic, by which I mean to imply that they, if not being actually the same but from differnt eras and thus different paradigms, share many synonymous factors. Clear? :eek:

Many anciet religions and their symbolism just reflect what science is just now "remembering".......... I hear you!

I view things a bit differently than others..... it is like asking:

"How many sides are there to a coin?"

0- yes, I understand
1- yes, I understand
2- yes, I understand
3- yes, I understand
7- yes, I understand a small bit
OTHER ANSWERS.... not so clear to me.

Nehustan

Comet said:
Have you ever read about 11-Dimensional Theory????? It is an off-shoot of Super-String Theory. It holds that there are actually 11 Dimensons, but the 11th is balled up so tight you can't "access" it...... it is like the infinitely small that is the infinitely large..... like creation in a way.........

We live in very few dimensions and don't comprehend all the dimensions.... mathematically there are only 11!

No I haven't, very interesting. Daath (knowledge) is the 11th Sephira. Also in the thread there is reference to the Aegyptian 'Godess' Nuit/Nu (post #41),

which is included in the above image (post #82) as the descriptive for the 'Hubble' image I used to signify space. As you said you don't know much about the Kabbalah I won't feel condescending to point it out to you, it is the two hebrew letters at the bottom of the stellar image. Numerically it is 56 (N + V), and if one wishes to decrease that number it does in fact reduce to 11 (5 + 6), which in the work of the AA (i.e. Crowley) is said to correspond to Nuit/NU.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Nehustan said:
No I haven't, very interesting. Daath (knowledge) is the 11th Sephira. Also in the thread there is reference to the Aegyptian 'Godess' Nuit/Nu (post #41),

which is included in the above image (post #82) as the descriptive for the 'Hubble' image I used to signify space. As you said you don't know much about the Kabbalah I won't feel condescending to point it out to you, it is the two hebrew letters at the bottom of the stellar image. Numerically it is 56 (N + V), and if one wishes to decrease that number it does in fact reduce to 11 (5 +6), which in the work of the AA (i.e. Crowley) is said to correspond to Nuit/NU.

I assume you mean Aleister Crowley!!!! You are an esoteric!!!!!! I have a few books of/on him!!! 5+6=11, but 1+1=2 by that rational as well.... therefore I would ask where the Egyptian council of 9 falls into place????? Very Necronomicronish!
Gnostically speaking- the "feminine" principal or knowledge is represented by the "circular" pattern..... the circle holds much more than the square can explain. The "golden principal" in mathematics (which all life follows) is via the square shape. Yet, knowledge of that beyond us seems to be via the (pi) the circle principal...... and the golden prinicapal (so central to Pythagoreans!) follows that more so than the square itself does.... thus: "I shall not square the cirlce".... rather than "I shall not round the square". By my "religious" beliefs, it is the circle that takes precidence, not the square.

I will dig up my books and try to find you a few authors, titles, or links to look at 11-Dimensional Theory. It is (so far) held in quite regard!!!!! Funny how cutting-edge science and ancient religion go hand in hand so often!!!

Nehustan

Comet said:
I assume you mean Aleister Crowley!!!! You are an esoteric!!!!!! I have a few books of/on him!!! 5+6=11, but 1+1=2 by that rational as well.... therefore I would ask where the Egyptian council of 9 falls into place????? Very Necronomicronish!

I think that the 1 + 1 = 2 makes me initially think of duality, thus dialectics (thesis : antithesis), and by implication what I have called in this thread 'The geometry and philosophy of mathematics' (you will like this post ;) #30)

Comet said:
more so than the square itself does.... thus: "I shall not square the cirlce".... rather than "I shall not round the square". By my "religious" beliefs, it is the circle that takes precidence, not the square.

(Post #s 58-60, hehe...great minds)​

Comet said:
Gnostically speaking- the "feminine" principal or knowledge is represented by the "circular" pattern..... the circle holds much more than the square can explain. The "golden principal" in mathematics (which all life follows) is via the square shape.

I have often considered the circle as a superlative esoteric symbol. It has an infinite (at least appearing as such from our finite understanding if not in reality) number of axis/diameters, especially if one considers it as representative of a sphere (spherical universes). Also the last letter in the name Allah (ha) when drawn in an isolated form is a circle (this form is not used in the artwork in post #82, but the veils around space allude to it), which can also be seen to correspond to the numeral 'hamza' - 5, and thus the pentagram/star.

Comet said:
Yet, knowledge of that beyond us seems to be via the (pi) the circle principal...... and the golden prinicapal (so central to Pythagoreans!) follows that

I will dig up my books and try to find you a few authors, titles, or links to look at 11-Dimensional Theory. It is (so far) held in quite regard!!!!! Funny how cutting-edge science and ancient religion go hand in hand so often!!!

Yes indeed, as to links/sources that'd be great, I'm sure they will be an interesting addition to the thread :)

Nehustan

I have had to resist the temptation to post things that I found while researching your '11 Dimensions' lead. I had a quick look through the site I found which was based at Cambridge University. Some stuff I had a basic hint of, but very informative. I found the part on strings quite interesting...particularly in light of 'The Geometry and Philososphy of Mathematics' post I linked previously. The link for Cambridge is below...

Nehustan

aggggghhhh....I must resist.......I must resist.....no no no.....

SPACE3.gif

I simply couldn't sorry. Again in reference to 'The Philosophy and Geomtry of Mathematics' post I found this image which relates to black holes...This is alluded to by the 'number square' I posted and the rather poor explanation of proposed vortices...​

Geo1.jpg

As stated in the thread while 0 ≠ ¥, there appears to me to be an association between the two, tho' admittedly it may only be that they are direct opposites. For the image of the balck hole and in relation to my post the ¥ in the above diagram should be replaced by 0, which would then make sense of the 'vortex' I had in my post...

Geo3.jpg

is it possible (or even already posited as I'm sure this isn't my idea, osmosis more like) that when one considers the singularity in a black hole as 0, then one might also consider that prior to the 'big bang' there was also a 'singularity' equating to say ¥, 'within' which the universe as now manifest was one finite manifestation in an 'infinite' sea of possibilities?

Nehustan

Hmmm interesting just found this....

Big Bang Theory - The Premise​

The Big Bang theory is an effort to explain what happened at the very beginning of our universe. Discoveries in astronomy and physics have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that our universe did in fact have a beginning. Prior to that moment there was nothing; during and after that moment there was something: our universe. The big bang theory is an effort to explain what happened during and after that moment.​

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know.​

oh well if they don't know....still a lot of room for philosophy and religion (and of course mysticism ;)) :yes:​

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Very much so!!! Room for a lot more given the little of things we actually know. Here is another site:

http://superstringtheory.com/basics/basic7.html It has a ton of information about different things there as welll- like the Cambridge site.

When you speak mathematically 0 is nothing, one, and infinity all in one. There is a good book....... ummm, I think it is called "Zero, the most dangerous idea". It is a short read and has some good insights. It is about how the number 0 has effected religions, etc....

A singularity is just that- a singularity- and nobody can really explain it in terms that one would understand well, it is more of a paradox than a singularity. As for black holes, we are discovering more about them all the time. They recently found a dual blackhole system and also the closest blackhole discovered to us. It was once thought that nothing escapes a blackholes grasp. We now know they emit a ton of x-rays.

Sorry, I am rambling off topic now.....

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on the pentagram (star) shape....

New Grange in Ireland and many other sites have the 5-pointed stars, etc.... it is a representation of the 8 year pattern of Venus in the night's sky. It is one of the best time telling mechanisms we have. I have even seen it all the way over here at Chaco Canyon in New Mexico. The Anasazi also had the spiral patterns in their sacred drawings, which is another representation of "time".

Some things seem to "magically pop-up" all over the place. Science, the esoteric, the mysterious, the ancient, the new, etc........

Nehustan

Comet said:
Sorry, I am rambling off topic now.....

No no I think that it is in keeping with the topic, I personally like 'tangents', they can lead to interesting places.

Nehustan

Comet said:
Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on the pentagram (star) shape....

New Grange in Ireland and many other sites have the 5-pointed stars, etc.... it is a representation of the 8 year pattern of Venus in the night's sky. It is one of the best time telling mechanisms we have. I have even seen it all the way over here at Chaco Canyon in New Mexico. The Anasazi also had the spiral patterns in their sacred drawings, which is another representation of "time".

Some things seem to "magically pop-up" all over the place. Science, the esoteric, the mysterious, the ancient, the new, etc........

Yep I deal with venus and its relation to the pentagram in one of the posts (at least I think I do). There is really quite a focus on this (stars) in the thread. It is also said that the planetary symbol for Venus is the only symbol that unifies all the spheres...

VenusOnTree.gif

Mystic-als

Nice thread Nehustan. I'm glad to see the work that you have posted here. Unfortunatly for me I have just found this thread and will now have to read the whole thing. But theres nothing for nothing in life and I know I can learn life lessons just from your posts.

Thank you soo very much.