• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actual Weather Station Data from Rural Weather Stations

KW

From your twelve year old guardian article.

"The revelations on the inadequacies of the 1990 paper do not undermine the case that humans are causing climate change, and other studies have produced similar findings. But they do call into question the probity of some climate change science."

That's editorializing. There are other cases of fraud as well.

I don't care about this particular author's opinion.

More about data manipulation:

Cooking Up Temperatures: Climate Scientists Resort to Data Manipulation | Earth Rising - An Alternative Environmental Commentary (earthrisingblog.com)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That's editorializing. There are other cases of fraud as well.

I don't care about this particular author's opinion.

Sure thing. All I really think of when I hear climate change denial is this comic.

climatesummit.jpg

KW

Sure thing. All I really think of when I hear climate change denial is this comic.

View attachment 62975

You are making my case for me. More political propaganda.

You left out starving children, shrinking economies, higher rates of disease, and the increase in global poverty that will result from refusing to use the most efficient energy sources.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You are making my case for me. More political propaganda.

You left out starving children, shrinking economies, higher rates of disease, and the increase in global poverty that will result from refusing to use the most efficient energy sources.

How so?

And no politics were mentioned. Comics aren't political, their satirical expressions of art.

exchemist

Veteran Member
This list is exactly what I predicted. A meagre handful of names, mostly not qualified in the relevant field, who have retired - and have not been fired at all.

The only one on this list that was fired from an academic post was Nicholas Drapela, a prof of chemistry at Oregon who seems to have annoyed the faculty by persistently going off-piste and pontificating in a field in which he had little expertise.

Of the rest:-

- Will Happer, a physicist, was allegedly dismissed from some government post by Al Gore back in 1993, but remains a prof at Princeton.

- the 49 NASA "scientists" is an old chestnut from the climate change denial playbook that I've come across before. From memory, they comprise a bunch of retired engineers and astronauts. Not climate scientists.

- Leslie Woodcock is a chemical engineer, so knows jack all about climate change. He remains an emeritus prof at Manchester. (Emeritus is a title normally given to people who have retired from active research as a mark of respect. It is not given to people who have been fired.)

- Richard Lindzen retired, back in 2013.

So this is your list of the people whose appalling fate has terrified the other tens of thousands of climatologists into meek compliance with the climate change dogma, then? A princely ONE case of a sacking, and that for a chemist going off-piste.

Keep em coming. :D

exchemist

Veteran Member
You demonstrate with almost every post on this forum that that is you.
You are projecting.
Not only that, but what is interesting - if not exactly surprising - is that he is relying on old data and old arguments.

There's almost nothing that is current, here: it's all about old figures peddled by long-dead people, or opinions from people who have long since retired, most of whom know little or nothing about the climate data and models that have become available over the last decade.

These hackneyed old talking points have the same zombie quality of the arguments we sometimes still see in favour of "intelligent design".

It's basically over: the ship has sailed, but some of these people still don't get it.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This list is exactly what I predicted. A meagre handful of names, mostly not qualified in the relevant field, who have retired - and have not been fired at all.

The only one on this list that was fired from an academic post was Nicholas Drapela, a prof of chemistry at Oregon who seems to have annoyed the faculty by persistently going off-piste and pontificating in a field in which he had little expertise.

Of the rest:-

- Will Happer, a physicist, was allegedly dismissed from some government post by Al Gore back in 1993, but remains a prof at Princeton.

- the 49 NASA "scientists" is an old chestnut from the climate change denial playbook that I've come across before. From memory, they comprise a bunch of retired engineers and astronauts. Not climate scientists.

- Leslie Woodcock is a chemical engineer, so knows jack all about climate change. He remains an emeritus prof at Manchester. (Emeritus is a title normally given to people who have retired from active research as a mark of respect. It is not given to people who have been fired.)

- Richard Lindzen retired, back in 2013.

So this is your list of the people whose appalling fate has terrified the other tens of thousands of climatologists into meek compliance with the climate change dogma, then? A princely ONE case of a sacking, and that for a chemist going off-piste.

Keep em coming. :D
You have my respect for your fact-checking, yes you do!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not only that, but what is interesting - if not exactly surprising - is that he is relying on old data and old arguments.

There's almost nothing that is current, here: it's all about old figures peddled by long-dead people, or opinions from people who have long since retired, most of whom know little or nothing about the climate data and models that have become available over the last decade.

These hackneyed old talking points have the same zombie quality of the arguments we sometimes still see in favour of "intelligent design".

It's basically over: the ship has sailed, but some of these people still don't get it.
I noticed the same thing. I remember arguing against this exact same stuff years ago.

I'm loving your posts, by the way.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I noticed the same thing. I remember arguing against this exact same stuff years ago.

I'm loving your posts, by the way.
Haha, I'm getting used to a little flurry of "likes" when you are on line. It's very nice to have the support. We're obviously wired up the same way.

KW

So you think data changes over time?