• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actual Weather Station Data from Rural Weather Stations

exchemist

Veteran Member
So you think data changes over time?
Er, well, you get more data points, obviously. So the data set self-evidently does change with time. And the models get better as they are refined.

So a person that bangs on about 15 yr old data presented by an unqualified, long-dead person, which may have been cherry-picked to serve an agenda, is not going to get anyone terribly motivated to dig into it.

And as there is, from your feeble list of supposedly ostracised scientists, zero evidence of any conspiracy to frighten climatologists into accepting a party line, I think we can take what they have to say seriously.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There is nothing wrong with the data.

What the Stations Say What The Stations Say by Listed here are a set of historical temperature graphs from a large selection of mostly non-urban weather stations in both hemispheres. This data originated with the NASA Goddard Institute (GISS) in the USA and the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, Norwich, England.

There is something wrong with the lemmings who accept all the propaganda the left puts out.

Note that serious scientists who reached different conclusions have been systematically driven out of the universities.

I'm not going to try to argue with someone who puts politics ahead of science.

There is something wrong with the lemmings who accept all the propaganda the right puts out.

KW

Er, well, you get more data points, obviously. So the data set self-evidently does change with time. And the models get better as they are refined.

So a person that bangs on about 15 yr old data presented by an unqualified, long-dead person, which may have been cherry-picked to serve an agenda, is not going to get anyone terribly motivated to dig into it.

And as there is, from your feeble list of supposedly ostracised scientists, zero evidence of any conspiracy to frighten climatologists into accepting a party line, I think we can take what they have to say seriously.

Feel free to disprove the data I posted.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All I provided is actual weather station data.

Yes, someone is in denial.

Yes, recognizing ones failing is the first step to correcting them. You do realize that there are only a handful of such stations. Far less than I can count on the fingers of one hand.

Satellites on the other hand can measure temperatures all across Antarctica and they do not agree with your cherry picked source:

NASA - Satellites Confirm Half-Century of West Antarctic Warming.

KW

It’s weather station data. New data points would mean manipulation.

You don’t like facts I guess. These data points will never change though.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Feel free to disprove the data I posted.
Nope. As I've pointed out more than once already, nobody is going to be bothered to waste time on this dubious set of old data.

It's like when you encounter some nutter on the street corner, insisting you listen to him. We all make judgements, all the time about who to bother with and who to ignore. If we didn't do that, we would be constantly distracted by rubbish. Nobody is obliged to give every nutter the time of day.

In this case, you offer me a set of data put out years ago by some now dead unqualified schoolteacher, and which seems not to have troubled the people who spend their lives working to understand these things. It's fairly obvious that whatever conclusions this guy drew from the data are wrong. Whether it was because the data is wrong, or cherry-picked, or falsified, or whether it's faulty reasoning on his part in interpreting it, I neither know nor particularly care. This non-entity is simply not worth the effort of examining.

If he had been a leading light of a rival school of thought on the subject, that would be different. It might then be interesting to understand the thinking behind the alternative view. But a random unqualified crank? Forget it.

Last edited:

KW

Nope. As I've pointed out more ran once already, nobody is going to be bothered to waste time on this dubious set of old data.

It's like when you encounter some nutter on the street corner, insisting you listen to him. We all make judgements, all the time about who to bother with and who to ignore. If we didn't do that, we would be constantly distracted by rubbish. Nobody is obliged to give every nutter the time of day.

In this case, you offer me a set of data put out years ago by some now dead unqualified schoolteacher, and which seems not to have troubled the people who spend their lives working to understand these things. It's fairly obvious that whatever conclusions this guy drew from the data are wrong. Whether it was because the data is wrong, or cherry-picked, or falsified, or whether it's faulty reasoning on his part in interpreting it, I neither know nor particularly care. This non-entity is simply not worth the effort of examining.

If he had been a leading light of a rival school of thought on the subject, that would be different. It might then be interesting to understand the thinking behind the alternative view. But a random unqualified crank? Forget it.

You can’t change weather data points.

You can hide though.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I like facts, but I like complete sets of facts, presented by sources I trust. Otherwise I'd be spending my time chasing stories about little green men in the National Enquirer:D.
Odd isn't it how he does not go to what would be the original source of the data. But I know why he doesn't. If he did then he could not deny much more detailed data from the same source.

KW

I like facts, but I like complete sets of facts, presented by sources I trust. Otherwise I'd be spending my time chasing stories about little green men in the National Enquirer:D.

But the facts aren’t going anywhere.

Move along.