• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ACA Replacement

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
You will have to pass it to see what's in it.
Because it worked out just fine last time we did that right? lol .

Though a difference between then and now is that no matter what they passed it wouldn't be "worse" than what we had before. We are talking about repealing and replacing something that at least to some dissatisfactory degree functions. We could very easily slip and make it worse. If we repeal obamacare we need to make sure to replace it with something worthwhile. hopefully a single payer healthcare system but I won't hold my breath.

habiru

Government spending on health care in Switzerland is only 2.7 percent of GDP, by far the lowest in the developed world. By contrast, in 2008, U.S. government spending on health care was 7.4 percent of GDP. If the U.S. could move its state health spending to Swiss levels, it would save more than $700 billion a year.

Despite this apparent stinginess, the Swiss have achieved universal coverage for all its citizens. The Swiss have access to the latest technology, just as Americans do, and with comparably low wait times for appointments and procedures

.Why Switzerland Has the World's Best Health Care System

It is because , you guys doesn't get sick as the way we do. But wait until the corporations makes you all dependent on them. Once that happens, then they will be calling the shots.

Switzerland

Switzerland's Syngenta - GMO's For The World But Banned In Swissy Land | Health

if you fast forward to an one hour and fifty five minutes into this video, This guy will tell you more about it.

March Against Monsanto

Why Switzerland Has Some Of The Happiest, Healthiest Citizens In The World | The Huffington Post

700363138_419655.gif

esmith

Veteran Member
That's not a plan, that's more 'we'll make it great' talk. No specifics. They fooled you.
I guess you really have a problem reading don't you. Either that or you are just being argumentative.
If you go back and READ what I said you will see that I stated that, and I will quote it here:, "
Now the following link information about the general ideas of the replacement plan. It does not say how but only an outline of what they would like to see. Warning you have to download a PDF file after you get to the web page. The outline form is under the PDF file entitled "Snapshot" and is a PDF download
link is:
A Better Way
Want to try again.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I guess you really have a problem reading don't you. Either that or you are just being argumentative.
If you go back and READ what I said you will see that I stated that, and I will quote it here:, "

Want to try again.
So what was the point of posting it in the first place? The republicans in congress pay someone to make a youtube video to say "hey, we have a plan....see!"

Don't be fooled by the RW corporate machine.

esmith

Veteran Member
So what was the point of posting it in the first place? The republicans in congress pay someone to make a youtube video to say "hey, we have a plan....see!"

Did you download and read the PDF file Snapshot? Guess not, because all you are bellyaching about is a video.
Here I'll even download and attach then PDF file for you.
I guess I will have to remind you again to be very very wary about "your" media sources.

Attachments

• ABetterWay-HealthCare-Snapshot.pdf
    108.3 KB · Views: 43

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Exactly. As Paul Ryan just said about a week ago, there are "plans", which should tell us something by reading between the lines.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Exactly. As Paul Ryan just said about a week ago, there are "plans", which should tell us something by reading between the lines.
Turn America into a Neo-Liberal paradise where all but the mightiest and largest of Corporations have free reign and everybody else is trampled on.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Did you download and read the PDF file Snapshot? Guess not, because all you are bellyaching about is a video.
Here I'll even download and attach then PDF file for you.
I guess I will have to remind you again to be very very wary about "your" media sources.
Where's the plan? You just did it again. A 3 page 'snapshot' of no specifics. Funny how the 'snapshot' takes a shot at Obamacare saying it's a failure. That's not a plan, that's a 'see, we have a plan!" They don't have a plan, the RNC hired some marketing company to put together this 'video and snapshot' quickly because they knew they didn't have a plan or replacement.

esmith

Veteran Member
Where's the plan? You just did it again. A 3 page 'snapshot' of no specifics. Funny how the 'snapshot' takes a shot at Obamacare saying it's a failure. That's not a plan, that's a 'see, we have a plan!" They don't have a plan, the RNC hired some marketing company to put together this 'video and snapshot' quickly because they knew they didn't have a plan or replacement.
The next Administration is not in office yet. Can you not wait until then? Of course not, at least we don't have to pass it to find out whats in it.
Do you disagree with any of the ideas put forward in that PDF file

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
They don't have a plan, the RNC hired some marketing company to put together this 'video and snapshot' quickly because they knew they didn't have a plan or replacement.
Of course there's no agreed upon plan because the Republican simply cannot agree which day of the week it is.

There are four basic groups with the current GOP, and I label them as follows:
"moderates"
Tea-Party element
right-libertarian
"Trumpites".

Now, with these elements, what could possibly go wrong between them.:rolleyes:

tytlyf

Not Religious
The next Administration is not in office yet. Can you not wait until then? Of course not, at least we don't have to pass it to find out whats in it.
Do you disagree with any of the ideas put forward in that PDF file
I've already stated that Trump isn't the problem, it's the republican establishment that grew stronger. Conservatives don't like the establishment, but for some reason decided to keep them more in power.
I disagree with everything the republican establishment puts forth. That's not a Trump healthcare plan. I'm in the middle class, I have no business voting republican.

esmith

Veteran Member
I've already stated that Trump isn't the problem, it's the republican establishment that grew stronger. Conservatives don't like the establishment, but for some reason decided to keep them more in power.
I disagree with everything the republican establishment puts forth. That's not a Trump healthcare plan. I'm in the middle class, I have no business voting republican.
I would say something but it would get me in trouble.
However, your statement "I've already stated that Trump isn't the problem" is laughable.

tytlyf

Not Religious
However, your statement "I've already stated that Trump isn't the problem" is laughable.
I've always stated that republicans in congress are the problem, they're the ones lobbied and they're the ones responsible for laws/regulations. Some corrupt corporations have found that they can buy congresspeople with the hopes of them removing certain regulations that will allow them to profit further.
Trump is a problem all himself. Doesn't have any business being the president. We're already seeing plenty of reasons why America was fearful of him being elected.

esmith

Veteran Member

I've always stated that republicans in congress are the problem, they're the ones lobbied and they're the ones responsible for laws/regulations. Some corrupt corporations have found that they can buy congresspeople with the hopes of them removing certain regulations that will allow them to profit further.
Trump is a problem all himself. Doesn't have any business being the president. We're already seeing plenty of reasons why America was fearful of him being elected.

Are you always this funny....Read the highlighted quotes that are in red . Kind of contradicting yourself aren't you?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Are you always this funny....Read the highlighted quotes that are in red . Kind of contradicting yourself aren't you?
I've never said Trump wasn't a problem. But the bigger problem are the republicans in congress. And they just got more powerful. You were supposed to get rid of the establishment, not add more. I bet you guys will complain for another 4 years about RINO's and how the establishment doesn't listen to you.
I'd hope I don't hear any more crying about these republicans, as you get what you vote for.