• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion and a Living Soul

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
when did adam become a human?

when god formed his body from the dust of the earth?

or

when he breathed the breath of life into the form?

when a form, a body, doesn't have the breath of life in it, is it human?
People disagree and it's a hot-button issue.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I think the surgeon makes a valid point with the astronaut analogy. The choice to quit being an astronaut must happen before he's in the launching ship.
Thank you. I personally feel the baby isn't alive until birth because it doesn't make meaningful decisions, but then again in the cosmic scheme of things do we really want to waste our sex drive?...

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I think the surgeon makes a valid point with the astronaut analogy. The choice to quit being an astronaut must happen before he's in the launching ship.
Also, Noah's ark: water rose 40 days, lasted 190 days. 40 days is earliest fetus can have a life-long memory and last day before a woman knows she is pregnant for sure. About 190 days and the fetus can feel pain, like from the abortion.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

or

Philosophy must ride the tiger. This is not a matter in which people are reasonable. There was a time when people didn't think about this, and we aren't prepared to think about it, now.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What God formed was man. And when God breathed the breath of life into the man the man became a living soul.
Before having the breath of life, he was man.
The first man was formed directly from the ground. Everyone after that is formed indirectly from the ground.
Adam didn't become a living soul until he was animated by the breath of life. Babies in the womb are already animated by the life they have from their parents.

The adam in genesis 1 wasn't formed from the ground. It was formed by a sound vibration

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The first human species showed up around 200,000 to 300,000 years ago, give or take.

Or when he evolved around 300,000 years ago. If you want to talk about breathing life into organisms in general, that goes back a few million years before that.

Everything living, even each individual cell of the body, has the breath of life in it. No, cells are not humans.
I'm dealing specifically with people's belief on abortion and what constitutes life. Is it a life if it's on totally dependent upon something external to self? I'm not discussing the idea of evolution.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Since this is in a debate forum, I think I'm allowed to respond. So...

When did myth become reality? When did magic become fact? When did allegory become history?

There was no "Adam." No creature was "formed from the dust of the earth." Creatures that are born take their first breath on their own, it's not breathed into them.

So, there doesn't really seem to be anything to actually answer here.

Most of the right to lifers base their stance off of their beliefs. I'm questioning that belief and what is life. In order to understand the stance, I'm trying to understand how they arrived at this conclusion. Religious beliefs based on lack of evidence doesn't have a practical application sometimes. It's just fantasy

lostwanderingsoul

Babies are dead until they're born?
What then is that heartbeat thing all about?
So would you say anything with a heartbeat is alive? The unborn baby is preparing for birth and that requires that the heart must start doing it's job. Some babies even have bowel movement while in the womb. Is that also proof of life? Or just signs that all systems are getting ready?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
has to do with the concept of the chemical body not having an electrical body
has received a soul would be the pivotal point
So a soul is an "electrical body?"
The nervous system, and even individual cells and tissues, have electrical components, but this doesn't strike me as a soul. Earthworms have this same electrical activity, but I'm thinking you believe only humans have souls. If not, stepping on an ant would be the equivalent of shooting your grandma.

If soul is some unique electrical entity or configuration within a human body human, where is it? Medicine has found nothing like this. Electrically, we have nothing a cat doesn't have.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What God formed was man. And when God breathed the breath of life into the man the man became a living soul.
Before having the breath of life, he was man.
The first man was formed directly from the ground. Everyone after that is formed indirectly from the ground.
Adam didn't become a living soul until he was animated by the breath of life. Babies in the womb are already animated by the life they have from their parents.
But this is just religious folklore, no different from the mythology of a hundred other religions. There's no more empirical support for this than there is for the legends of Narnia or Middle Earth.

You're just preaching.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think when a woman becomes pregnant the life cycle of a human begins.
Humans, like other animals, go though stages of development. And those stages begin at conception.
It doesn't make sense to say that the earliest stage is not human.
It's not a question of human (species). A sperm cell is human.
Souls might be relevant, but no-one's ever found a soul, they're just hypothetical, religious folklore.

What's relevant, in my mind, is personhood. A person is sentient, it can feel pain, joy, fear, happiness. It anticipates futurity. These are the qualities we actually use in assessing our moral obligations to others.

firedragon

Veteran Member

or

In 4 weeks of pregnancy there is a heartbeat.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When did Nicholas Nickleby or Harry Potter become human?

or

I'd say the author intended the latter.
The answer is ambiguous. It's still an example of H sap sap, and any museum showing the bones would put it with the humans.

But I was present when my father died, and in the next half hour, by a subtle but steady process of losing the signs of life, he ceased to exist ─ the sense that he'd somehow gone away was very strong ─ and his body was no longer my father, just clay. Part of me watched the process, fascinated to be informed, and part of me was deeply moved, though ─ how to phrase it?─ not in a surprising way.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When life in the presence of all God states dies and decomposes, then isn't that murder of a baby, a child, a teenager, an adult, an old person at any time that the situation is inherited in life?

The answer for a human doing a science biological Genesis appraisal on why life died unnaturally historically would quote.....all babies become adults, and all adults were once children.

Yet in the presence of God we all die. God statements for human life survival quote do not harm the child. For we live through that living sequence.

So if you asked a scientific biological question, you would give yourself a biological scientific answer also.

For the study was why a baby born only lived to the adult age of the life of 33 years of age, when they were meant to live by C evaluation 100 year average life span.

How it was reviewed.

Previously life was said in the Moses irradiation underground living state to live for about 40 years of age, supported by the flooding atmospheric theme, rained for 40 years, life was unliveable above ground reasoning. 40 days and 40 nights of rain life was supported to live for about 40 years.

As a teaching, why life only survived for 40 years of age after its mutation.

13,000-year-old skeleton sheds light on Native American ancestry

Modern life today would quote if a baby is only created by the act of choice of human sex...and before that quote it was just sperm and an ovary, and one day will die anyway in the presence of God, then is the life removal what the Bible is discussing.

The answer is no, common sense says so. It is a moral or self ethical reasoning about acceptance or non acceptance of human death at any age or forming sequence...when God as the status owns the death at any sequence itself.

Rationally.

Any historic medical scientific Genetic reasoning is actually quoted from a historic evolving psyche mind/brain chemical awareness, that was historically in science machine causes irradiated. Having gained new irradiation in the 2000 year ago attack, the human historic recording tried to explain the scientific evaluation to its best ability.

How it is interpreted today is factually based on the morality or the immorality of the person who seeks wisdom or seeks power. Why the interpretation is actually involved in a pre motivated human thought function, and human want....which any assessment needs to include to conclude if the person is seeking to own correct teachings or is just after notification of how to abstract new but old scientific information, as they forgot what they did in old technological theorising.

Which in fact has nothing at all to do with the living human other than the living human seeks the knowledge for machine reactions.