• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Young Female In a Kangaroo Court

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is being reported in the Washington Post that Candace Owens turned the discussion into a farce, not the chairman or others in the committee that blatantly lied and twisted her words.

Actually he didn't. If you look into it at no time in Hitler's time in office was he a decent human being. He immediately began to persecute Jews and the first concentration camp was in existence before WWII. I too thought that he quote mined a bit, but if you look into the history of Germany he was not wrong. At no point was Hitler as Owens tried to portray him.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Could you quote from a link?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...50dc7b82693_story.html?utm_term=.14a8e1fae93a

"That’s also the same Candace Owens who in December said “if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, okay, fine. The problem is that he wanted — he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize.” She later clarified that it was not “fine” that Adolf Hitler was “a homicidal, psychotic maniac.”"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...50dc7b82693_story.html?utm_term=.14a8e1fae93a

"That’s also the same Candace Owens who in December said “if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, okay, fine. The problem is that he wanted — he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize.” She later clarified that it was not “fine” that Adolf Hitler was “a homicidal, psychotic maniac.”"
Aye, Wa Po appears to be spinning it to her disadvantage.
One must be very careful when talking about Hitler to be
extremely negative....nothing which could be spun as
less than utter derision if taken out of context.

For the record:
I oppose holocausts & Nazis.

Edit:
Due to criticism, I'll add that I oppose other bad things too.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Aye, Wa Po appears to be spinning it to her disadvantage.
One must be very careful when talking about Hitler to be
extremely negative....nothing which could be spun as
less than utter derision if taken out of context.

For the record:
I oppose holocausts & Nazis.
Whew! That is good to know. We weren't to sure until you made it clear.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Actually he didn't. If you look into it at no time in Hitler's time in office was he a decent human being. He immediately began to persecute Jews and the first concentration camp was in existence before WWII. I too thought that he quote mined a bit, but if you look into the history of Germany he was not wrong. At no point was Hitler as Owens tried to portray him.

Did you even go back and pull up her interview that was taken completely out of context by the Congressman?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did you even go back and pull up her interview that was taken completely out of context by the Congressman?
No. Are you sure that it was? She screwed up. She should have admitted it. Now clearly the congressman was a bit of a jerk because she may not have meant what was implied, but in no time in Hitler's time as a leader was he not oppressing Jewish people. There was no time when his leadership was acceptable. It was a really really stupid example to use.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No. Are you sure that it was? She screwed up. She should have admitted it. Now clearly the congressman was a bit of a jerk because she may not have meant what was implied, but in no time in Hitler's time as a leader was he not oppressing Jewish people. There was no time when his leadership was acceptable. It was a really really stupid example to use.

Again, pull up the interview and decide for yourself. What was played in the hearing was completely out of context and disrespectful to the witness.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I imagine that the old witch trials looked much like this council meeting, the only thing missing was bringing in livestock to testify against Candace Owens.
Oh wait.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You should watch the video.
The treatment of Owens is astounding.

Grilling of those called to congressional hearings appears to be a complete waste of time.
They never get any useful info. It appears to be 100% posturing & propagandizing by
congressmin (a neologistic portmanteau of "congressmen" & "vermin").

I wonder....
If it's legal for Congress to lie to us, we should be allowed to lie to them, eh.

David1967

Premium Member
I wonder....
If it's legal for Congress to lie to us, we should be allowed to lie to them, eh.

Funny how we could go to jail for such, where they get to go about business, as usual, i.e. continuing to find clever and creative ways to lay claim to more of our hard earned money.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Funny how we could go to jail for such, where they get to go about business, as usual, i.e. continuing to find clever and creative ways to lay claim to more of our hard earned money.
The problem is that a majority of voters like ever increasing spending & taxing.