• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A way to learn the truth about the Baha’i Faith?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
...oldbadger[ I’m not objecting to you posting in this thread. I’m glad for it, you’ve been very helpful, and entertaining too.
That's a sweet and kind sentiment, Jim.
So may I ignore your remarks which suggest that I'm acting, much-rakling, untrure etc etc?

I’m not trying to answer your points, and I don’t intend to. The more points you make, the better it is for my purposes in this thread.
Of course you're not answering my points.
How could you?

I’m sorry for opening my heart to you. I won’t do it any more.
Well, Jim, if opening your heart shows a raging furnace of accusations, epithets and insults then it be best if you did not.

Honestly, Jim, if you want to make friends and come closer to Bahais here then a thread in the Bahai DIR could accomplish that without interference from @Vinayaka 's and @siti 's surgical precision of critique and my clubhammer&bolster attempts at trying to get some real truths about Bahai, both now and for the future.

Sorry........ I know we like each other really......

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I feel secure for mankind that it will not happen.

Great, then you have not a thing to worry about.

If it does happen, you would also have not a thing to worry about, except you may have had to revise some previous thoughts you have cherished.

Regards Tony

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@siti I appreciate the apology. Thanks. I don't remember doing that, and I can't picture myself doing it, but I don't think you made any of that up.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Right! And the first step in that is to honestly acknowledge the failings of the religious paradigms we have blindly accepted and blithely defended in the past and stop excusing and denying the unflattering and downright immoral parts of our religious heritage - wouldn't you say?

If you have done that, it would be a good move to consider.

It is never good to blindly except any Faith and deny its history.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I don't remember anything like that. Maybe that was the day that I drank that potion in the lab, and didn't remember anything after that until I woke up hours later with blood on my hands.
Are you not breaking the covenant?

siti

Can truth come out of falsehood?

Can a beautiful blossom come out of stagnant water?

This kind of reminds me of Samson's riddle for some reason (Judges 14:14) - "Out of the eater, something to eat, out of the strong, something sweet". It was about the time Samson tore a lion apart with his bare hands and then later found that bees had produced honey in the dead carcass of the lion. Maybe there's a parable in that about the tearing down of seemingly unassailable religious dogma that, once broken, yield sweeter spiritual truths buried within?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
This kind of reminds me of Samson's riddle for some reason (Judges 14:14) - "Out of the eater, something to eat, out of the strong, something sweet". It was about the time Samson tore a lion apart with his bare hands and then later found that bees had produced honey in the dead carcass of the lion. Maybe there's a parable in that about the tearing down of seemingly unassailable religious dogma that, once broken, yield sweeter spiritual truths buried within?
Wow. You might be on to something. Baha'i Faith a Trojan Horse ...?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Depends on the contaminants. In some, nothing will grow except anaerobic bacteria.
5 Most Polluted Lakes in the World | Greentumble
We have our own polluted lake in Bengaluru, Kanataka: Bellandur Lake (no lotuses there):
"Bangalore's polluted lake" - Google Search
Bellandur Lake.jpg

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Where is the emoji with an ironic smile?

That was just to good a chance to let go.

I thought you might be confessing. That has also been removed in Baha'i law with bringing oneself to account each day personally with God. :D;) Never let a chance go by oh Lord!

Newcastle Song .....:p

Regards Tony

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@siti Thank you. That was a gift that keeps on giving. That's part of what attracted me to Baha'u'llah in the beginning. A Trojan Horse into the city of delusions and dogma. I never thought of it that way, but I can see it that way now.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Kitab-i-Aqdas could be the core book as its name suggests but the Bahais here don't confirm that in a straightforward manner.
Who named it "Kitab-i-Aqdas", "The Most Holy Book"? Baha'ullah named it or some other person named it.
I am on the title cover, please.
Regards
I would have to search on the Internet for an answer to that. What's wrong with doing that yourself? What makes Baha'is responsible for doing that for you? If you don't know where to look, try reference.bahai.org. The next place I would look would be on Sen McGlinn's blog, and if I didn't find the answer there, I would ask him.
The Bahais should have known it or Bahaullah himself should have written it in Aqdas. After all it is their religion.

I have made it clear in some of my posts that I want to compare One book, the core of the core book of Bahaullah with Quran, so I want to find which book of Bahaullah is that one.
It should not be difficult for the Bahais to select ONE compact book of Bahaullah from so many books written by him, they are supposed to have read them all.
Any Bahai or non-Bahai, please
Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@paarsurrey Maybe this will help:

"That city is none other than the Word of God revealed in every age and dispensation. In the days of Moses it was the Pentateuch; in the days of Jesus the Gospel; in the days of Muhammad the Messenger of God the Qur'án; in this day the Bayan; and in the dispensation of Him Whom God will make manifest His own Book -- the Book unto which all the Books of former Dispensations must needs be referred, the Book which standeth amongst them all transcendent and supreme."

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 199)

"Unique and stupendous as was this Proclamation, it proved to be but a prelude to a still mightier revelation of the creative power of its Author, and to what may well rank as the most signal act of His ministry -- the promulgation of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas. Alluded to in the Kitáb-i-Íqán; the principal repository of that Law which the Prophet Isaiah had anticipated, and which the writer of the Apocalypse had described as the "new heaven" and the "new earth," as "the Tabernacle of God," as the "Holy City," as the "Bride," the "New Jerusalem coming down from God," this "Most Holy Book," whose provisions must remain inviolate for no less than a thousand years, and whose system will embrace the entire planet, may well be regarded as the brightest emanation of the mind of Bahá'u'lláh, as the Mother Book of His Dispensation, and the Charter of His New World Order.

(Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 213)
Why should one quote from a third person (Shoghi Effendi), why it should not have been mentioned by Bahaullah himself? Which of the many books Bahaullah wrote was the Aqdas "Most Holy"? it must have been in his mind. Right, please?
Any of the Bahais or non-Bahais here, please.
Regards

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
paarsurrey said:
Kitab-i-Aqdas could be the core book as its name suggests but the Bahais here don't confirm that in a straightforward manner.
Who named it "Kitab-i-Aqdas", "The Most Holy Book"? Baha'ullah named it or some other person named it.
I am on the title cover, please.
Regards

The Bahais should have known it or Bahaullah himself should have written it in Aqdas. After all it is their religion.

I have made it clear in some of my posts that I want to compare One book, the core of the core book of Bahaullah with Quran, so I want to find which book of Bahaullah is that one.
It should not be difficult for the Bahais to select ONE compact book of Bahaullah from so many books written by him, they are supposed to have read them all.
Any Bahai or non-Bahai, please
Regards

Why should one quote from a third person (Shoghi Effendi), why it should not have been mentioned by Bahaullah himself? Which of the many books Bahaullah wrote was the Aqdas "Most Holy"? it must have been in his mind. Right, please?
Regards

Baha'u'llah confirmed what Shoghi Effendi said in the Kitab-i-iqan.

Personally I think the Book of Certitude is a good work to study; In this book Baha'u'llah proves the Message of Muhammad and the Prophets and uses many references from the Quran.

The Kitáb-i-Íqán | Bahá’í Reference Library

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

Regards
Just for your information, Aghdas in Arabic means 'the most Holy'. Also, Bahsullah called all His Revelations 'Aghdas'. Meaning, All His Writings are part of the Aghdas Revelation. But also, He called His Book of Laws Aghdas, or the most Holy Book. If you are looking for a Book with logical proofs, I suggest Iqan. If you are looking for Laws of Bahai, then Kitab-i-Aghdas.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
If you are looking for a Book with logical proofs, I suggest Iqan. If you are looking for Laws of Bahai, then Kitab-i-Aghdas.
I don’t think he’s looking for anything except targets for his arrows. Go back through the history of his posts, to see what I mean.